Author Topic: Lowe: Trade essentially agreed to 1 for 3 and one future first  (Read 6278 times)

Re: Lowe: Trade essentially agreed to 1 for 3 and one future first
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 06:52:35 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Yep.  Just heard Done deal!!! Yeeeees!  We're guaranteed ball or Jackson.  Both better than fultz!

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 06:57:01 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
Danny wants a wing not a guard. He probably does not believe in stockpiling players at the same position.
Yup, and that is why he is going to take another wing player who cannot shoot at No 3 one year after he drafted Brown.  ::)

Rationalization much?

Brown played a lot at the two.  Easy to slide him there and crowder to the 4.  Jackson at the 3

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2017, 07:09:11 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
At face value this is a horrible trade proposal. Perhaps in a year or 5 Danny looks brilliant but right now I want his head. I like Danny and have a lot of faith in him but a move like this is putting his job on the line.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:37:39 PM by dreamgreen »

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2017, 07:25:53 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Danny wants a wing not a guard. He probably does not believe in stockpiling players at the same position.
Yup, and that is why he is going to take another wing player who cannot shoot at No 3 one year after he drafted Brown.  ::)

Rationalization much?

Brown played a lot at the two.  Easy to slide him there and crowder to the 4.  Jackson at the 3
Well, no. Crowder is not a PF.

Also, folks who think you can easily put Brown at ST but not Fultz display SERIOUS confirmation bias.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2017, 07:29:15 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald

Rationalization much?

Well neither is marcus smart but there he was.  Crowder posts up better and can be shooting big in this rotation.  He's stronger on the block than olynyk with a better offensive production.  Easy fit

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2017, 07:32:32 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Rationalization much?

You may want to watch Tatum's highlights and see if he can shoot or not.

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2017, 07:32:58 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Rationalization much?

Well neither is marcus smart but there he was.  Crowder posts up better and can be shooting big in this rotation.  He's stronger on the block than olynyk with a better offensive production.  Easy fit
Spending 5 situational minutes at PF does not a PF make. If he was such an easy for he would have started there last season.

Just not going to happen.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2017, 07:35:23 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I'll say this about Ainge: The man does not care what you think. He's got some stones that's for sure. Like big ones.

This is a massive deal. If it goes right, he'll look like a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing genius. Jackson "could" be a super star and he might be able to make a splash in FA/trades. But it has the potential to completely backfire in his face and he could give Phily the best player in the draft and help make one of your division rivals a potential powerhouse in you division for the considerable future.

No pressure Danny.

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2017, 03:34:34 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
For gods sake. This is a living nightmare. This would be (I don't want to say "will be") Danny's worst move, hopefully his last as our GM.

Why don't all you guys who feel the same way make a pledge not to post here again until Ainge is fired? Be bold. Take a stand with some skin in the game.
I'm not sure what you mean. I don't think that this move will actually get him fired, because the guys available at 3 are still decent, just not great prospects like Fultz is.

Also not sure how much Ainge would really care that some select posters on an internet forum are not happy with his decisions. Plus, where else would I get to vent my frustrations  ;D

It wouldn't be for Ainge's benefit, it'd be for ours. There's going to be nothing more annoying than fans like you calling for him to be fired. Please stop now.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2017, 03:44:21 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
For gods sake. This is a living nightmare. This would be (I don't want to say "will be") Danny's worst move, hopefully his last as our GM.

Why don't all you guys who feel the same way make a pledge not to post here again until Ainge is fired? Be bold. Take a stand with some skin in the game.
I'm not sure what you mean. I don't think that this move will actually get him fired, because the guys available at 3 are still decent, just not great prospects like Fultz is.

Also not sure how much Ainge would really care that some select posters on an internet forum are not happy with his decisions. Plus, where else would I get to vent my frustrations  ;D

It wouldn't be for Ainge's benefit, it'd be for ours. There's going to be nothing more annoying than fans like you calling for him to be fired. Please stop now.

It wouldn't be a proper draft, FA signing, trade deadline etc. without at least one "Fire Ainge" thread...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.