Author Topic: Lowe: Trade essentially agreed to 1 for 3 and one future first  (Read 6280 times)

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
He says its essentially agreed to and he'd be surprised if it doesn't happen.

It'll be a swap of picks 1 for 3 and one of the Lakers pick next year or the Kings in 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75FCuzEzTO0
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: Lowe: Trade essentially agreed to 1 for 3 and one future first
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 04:10:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
For gods sake. This is a living nightmare. This would be (I don't want to say "will be") Danny's worst move, hopefully his last as our GM.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 04:16:20 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Ainge: You never have to cash in on your assets if you keep trading your assets for assets.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 05:21:20 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
For gods sake. This is a living nightmare. This would be (I don't want to say "will be") Danny's worst move, hopefully his last as our GM.

Why don't all you guys who feel the same way make a pledge not to post here again until Ainge is fired? Be bold. Take a stand with some skin in the game.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 05:33:38 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
looks like he his going to do it.

Danny wants a wing not a guard. He probably does not believe in stockpiling players at the same position. Example of teams that have tried to force players in the same position that ended up either trading one of said players or destroying a career by playing one out of position.

Ralph Sampson/Hakeem Olajuwon.... Rockets by this move really hurt the career of Ralph Sampson. He had to play out of position to enable Hakeem play Center.

Noel/Embiid/Okafor.... with Noel getting traded after been relegated to bench duties.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 05:35:03 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Why don't all you guys who feel the same way make a pledge not to post here again until Ainge is fired? Be bold. Take a stand with some skin in the game.

How does that send a message to Ainge?

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 05:38:40 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't think that this move will actually get him fired, because the guys available at 3 are still decent, just not great prospects like Fultz is.

Also not sure how much Ainge would really care that some select posters on an internet forum are not happy with his decisions. Plus, where else would I get to vent my frustrations  ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 05:48:47 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Danny wants a wing not a guard. He probably does not believe in stockpiling players at the same position.
Yup, and that is why he is going to take another wing player who cannot shoot at No 3 one year after he drafted Brown.  ::)

Rationalization much?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 05:48:57 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
If its the Lakers 2018 pick we'd now be getting 2 shots at landing Mo Bamba, Deandre Ayton, or Michael Porter Jr. Not sure about the Kings 2019 but the Lakers 2018 is an incredible asset.

Feel like a lot of folks this year who were begging for rebounding and rim protection are now some of the same people who are talking down this deal. Mo Bamba is >>>>> the difference between Fultz and Josh Jackson.

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 06:00:52 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
If its the Lakers 2018 pick we'd now be getting 2 shots at landing Mo Bamba, Deandre Ayton, or Michael Porter Jr. Not sure about the Kings 2019 but the Lakers 2018 is an incredible asset.

Feel like a lot of folks this year who were begging for rebounding and rim protection are now some of the same people who are talking down this deal. Mo Bamba is >>>>> the difference between Fultz and Josh Jackson.

If it's the better of the lakers pick and the philly pick we essentially are getting 3 shots.

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 06:09:22 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Danny wants a wing not a guard. He probably does not believe in stockpiling players at the same position.
Yup, and that is why he is going to take another wing player who cannot shoot at No 3 one year after he drafted Brown.  ::)

Rationalization much?

Shooting could be a real concern with Jackson, but you're reaching with Brown. While he didn't exactly lit up the league, he's not too shabby either. He shot 45% from the field with 34% 3pt percentage. Handles is more of a concern for the kid and he's working on that already.

Jackson, while he can't shoot consistently have the strength and athleticism to attack the rim with P/Rs and post-ups. Lebron and Giannis weren't exactly great shooters either but they can score on a consistent basis. Jackson have tighter handles than Brown.

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 06:20:43 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Rationalization much?

Brown got decent at shooting the three and could get to the rim often.   We need offense and athletes can sometimes help in that regard.   Sure it is not ideal, we could use a shooter but it is not like these guys are finished products at their age.

Shooting can be improved through practice.   Athletic ability is much harder to improve, you either have it or you don't.   It can be improved marginally but it takes hard work.   But shooting is a skill that can be honed.  As I am typing this I am realizing that folks are going to bring Smart's inability to develop his shot but I think his shot has improved some.   He just takes horrible shots at the buzzer and the like and short in the shot clock.

Were you happy with Brown after the season?

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 06:20:55 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
If I am.in Philly, I am absolutely salivating at the prospect of having Fultz, Simmons, Embiid and (to a lesser extent) Okafor and Saric as their core for the next 12 years.  Unprecedented potential with the ability to take on veteran salary for a couple of years before the future stars begin to cash in.   Ridiculous.

So.... Danny really should minimally insist on the better of Philly/LAL '18 plus an agreement that they get Sac '19 if the '18 pick is worse than #10.   Also, should insist on Rozier for Saric (which I think makes sense for both teams).

If the deal just plays out as the #1 (then #3) for Butler (obviously the '18 LAL will be included) I guess I'll be bummed, but still hopeful. If Butler costs the #1 plus Nets '18, I may cry.

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 06:34:07 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
He says its essentially agreed to and he'd be surprised if it doesn't happen.

It'll be a swap of picks 1 for 3 and one of the Lakers pick next year or the Kings in 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75FCuzEzTO0
Don't buy it. No way we trade #1 for #3 + either LA 2018 or Sac 2019. Ainge is not stupid. Perhaps the C's are spreading the rumors in an attempt to estimate the value of the pick, just in case a desperate team makes a desperate offer we cannot refuse.

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 06:35:20 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Rationalization much?

Shooting could be a real concern with Jackson, but you're reaching with Brown. While he didn't exactly lit up the league, he's not too shabby either. He shot 45% from the field with 34% 3pt percentage. Handles is more of a concern for the kid and he's working on that already.

Jackson, while he can't shoot consistently have the strength and athleticism to attack the rim with P/Rs and post-ups. Lebron and Giannis weren't exactly great shooters either but they can score on a consistent basis. Jackson have tighter handles than Brown.
My point is that if Ainge wouldn't pick Fultz, it's because he doesn't think he'll be a star. Whether it's a concern over his skills, mental makeup, or injury is anyone's guess. But the "position redundancy" argument doesn't hold water. Jackson is just as redundant.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."