Jackson , Ball or Tatum at 3? (poll)

Jackson
34 (28.8%)
Ball
17 (14.4%)
Tatum
67 (56.8%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: Jackson, Ball or Tatum at 3? (poll)  (Read 21613 times)

Re: Jackson, Ball or Tatum at 3? (poll)
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 02:45:38 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Were ending up with Jackson. He's Marcus Smart in wing-form. Smart is my fave player on this team but i don't think a bunch of his clones are a good foundation for the future team. Pretty bummed we're not getting Fultz.
- LilRip

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 02:46:09 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
So underwhelmed by all 3

Tatum looks like he's playing in quick sand.

Jackson has no elite offensive skills whatsoever

Ball is over values after playing on a really good UCLA team. Will never be a go to guy.

Yuck. Just yuck.

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2017, 02:55:33 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I dislike Tatum immensely with the third pick. Just a vanilla forward, imo. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I'd prefer Jabari Parker.  ::)

I'd rather pick Jackson or Ball (gulp), but I fear Danny wants Tatum (if we make that pick, at all, that is).
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2017, 02:57:41 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Were ending up with Jackson. He's Marcus Smart in wing-form. Smart is my fave player on this team but i don't think a bunch of his clones are a good foundation for the future team. Pretty bummed we're not getting Fultz.

A 4-inch taller Marcus Smart would be very valuable on any championship contending team.

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2017, 02:57:44 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Ball.

At least he can shoot and has transcendent upside.

Jackson is an understandable draw for Ainge, but I'm not comfortable with adding another non-shooter who probably can't run a pick and roll.

Smart, Bradley, Brown, Rozier, and now Jackson ... a lot of guys with nice attributes who will bring an edge to the game, but none of them can pressure another team as the pick and roll ball-handler.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2017, 03:02:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Per Mark Murphy understanding the Celtics ranking is (in order)

Josh Jackson, Jayson Tatum, and Lonzo Ball.

So if Lakers choose Jackson,  Celtics would choose Tatum

Not sure how credible MM is...but I can buy this

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2017, 03:13:49 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
So underwhelmed by all 3

Jackson has no elite offensive skills whatsoever

Ball is over values after playing on a really good UCLA team. Will never be a go to guy.

Yuck. Just yuck.
or maybe ball made scrubs look good

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2017, 03:49:43 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

yet he made all his  opponents look like theyre playing in quick sand when when faking tHem out. Not  seeing what you're seeing

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2017, 05:23:20 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

A 4-inch taller Marcus Smart would be very valuable on any championship contending team.

A 6'4" Marcus smart would already be very valuable on a contender. The thing is, these are the guys that give a contender the "edge". These aren't the guys that make a team a contender.

- LilRip

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2017, 05:24:56 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Are these the only options?

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2017, 07:35:28 AM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
I like all 3 prospects a great deal.  Certainly the problem in comparing them to Fultz is that the path to Fultz being a 25+ ppg guy and lead scorer type on a top team seemed pretty clear.  Out of these 3 only Tatum has that kind of scoring upside (if he can become a better 3 pt shooter to add to his post and mid-range game he should be a devastating scorer).  Ball is a transcendent transition player and passer who is never going to be a half-court primary scorer.  Jackson is good at everything and can be a really good player, but he would need to overhaul his shooting form to be a top scorer.  It's a tight call, but I lean towards Tatum because of his scoring upside and I think he has the frame to one day play 4.

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2017, 07:52:48 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Stephen A smith says Philly wants Jackson at #1. So Fultz at 3

Hahaha
How many posters on here would say
"Well actually I did like Fultz, but not at 1"
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2017, 07:56:26 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64

Sounds like Andre Igoudala. But in any event, it will suck watching the ROY award being juggled back and forth between Simmons and Fultz. I really like Josh Jackson, but Fultz wanted to be a Celtic while Josh chose to decline a workout with us.

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2017, 08:12:50 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Didn't he reschedule another workout.

I head this yesterday

Sean Cunningham ✔ @SeanCunningham
Source: Kansas star Josh Jackson will hold private workout in Sacramento with the Sixers today. Will meet with Celtics in Boston days later
12:07 PM - 16 Jun 2017

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/06/nba_draft_rumors_2017_josh_jac.html#incart_river_index

only to morph into this

But according to the Boston Globe's Adam Himmelsbach, the Celtics have still been unable to get former Kansas star Josh Jackson or former UCLA star Lonzo Ball to workout for them. This contrasts with a report yesterday that Jackson would work out with the Celtics in the days before the draft.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/06/boston_celtics_draft_rumors_20_2.html

Ainge has said there is not much separation in this draft between the top players.

“Every draft is different,” said Ainge. “I think that sometimes you have the top one is better than other drafts…This one is a little bit more equal in the top few picks of the draft as it appears right now. This is something that we’re spending all our time (on). We have people all over the world evaluating this as we speak. So I think that at this point in time, I think that, yeah, there’s four or five guys. There’s not a lot of separation at the top of this draft.”

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2017/06/01/everything-danny-ainge-has-said-about-the-upcoming-nba-draft

The Celtics have Fultz, Jackson, Tatum and Ball rated as top four in this draft. If Lakers take Jackson at No. 2, Tatum looms large.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/06/boston_celtics_rumors_2017_cel.html

Many think if Ainge dealt the pick this early that he is dealing it.  Could be Ainge has liked one of these guys all along and know he can get him later or will he be happy with whomever falls.  I know the dropping from 1 to 3 gave us cap space to sign a max guy, right assuming we dump the guys who are leaving?

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2017, 08:21:07 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
This is all pointless, since the No. 3 is going in a trade. Maybe we actually draft one of those guys, but it's only to send him immediately to another team (probably the Bulls).

The only way we get to keep a first-round pick is if Ainge trades #3 to the Kings for #5 and #10, with the Bulls willing to accept #5 in a Jimmy Butler trade. But then we're drafting a whole different crop of guys.

I had been thinking about going to Brooklyn for the draft, but no way I'm wasting my time now ...