Author Topic: Stephen A Smith: "76ers want Jackson at 1" Is Dannys plan to get Fultz at 3?  (Read 3274 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Is it possible that sixers get Jackson and Lakers get the hometown kid ball, giving us fultz and a war chest of picks?

The Lakers were near last in assist per game and had bad assist/turnover ratio. Its hard to see them pass up lonzos ability to assist at an elite level.

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
lol no

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Markelle Fultz is NOT going to last at #3. Magic Johnson "loved" his workout and if he's there, Magic is going to take him.

We need to hold off any trade and PICK Markelle Fultz. If Philly still wants to do a deal, then we wait until whether Josh Jackson is available at the #3 and pull the trigger. If they want Fultz, they can have him, but let US pick him, and we wait until Jackson is INDEED available for us. If they really wanted Jackson and he landed at three, then no deal, at least we keep Fultz.

We can't be risking missing out on both. If Philly picks Jackson at one, we will end up with either Jayson Tatum or, in the words of a fellow CB poster. . .

that turd bag Lonzo Ball

And that's not good.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Markelle Fultz is NOT going to last at #3. Magic Johnson "loved" his workout and if he's there, Magic is going to take him.

We need to hold off any trade and PICK Markelle Fultz. If Philly still wants to do a deal, then we wait until whether Josh Jackson is available at the #3 and pull the trigger. If they want Fultz, they can have him, but let US pick him, and we wait until Jackson is INDEED available for us. If they really wanted Jackson and he landed at three, then no deal, at least we keep Fultz.

We can't be risking missing out on both. If Philly picks Jackson at one, we will end up with either Jayson Tatum or, in the words of a fellow CB poster. . .

that turd bag Lonzo Ball

And that's not good.

Yeah, if we're really interested in someone like Jackson, I think this waits until draft night to occur. There's no reason to take the chance and trade the pick now if we're not sure who is going to be there at 3 when the time comes.

That's why I think Ainge is angling on trading this pick for a current star, like Butler or George. But, hell, the price better be significantly cheaper than what's being reported so far.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
agree with Potter the only way any of this trade as stated playes out is to wait till draft night and swap out then.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

that turd bag Lonzo Ball

And that's not good.

Yeah, if we're really interested in someone like Jackson, I think this waits until draft night to occur. There's no reason to take the chance and trade the pick now if we're not sure who is going to be there at 3 when the time comes.

That's why I think Ainge is angling on trading this pick for a current star, like Butler or George. But, hell, the price better be significantly cheaper than what's being reported so far.

Exactly. I don't understand why we are taking all the risks here. For what? More picks.

This should be a post selection trade. If this thing still needed to be done, we do it AFTER we take Markelle Fultz at #1. I don't understand why we are putting ourselves on such a risk on missing out of the best prospect in the draft and they guy, who, according to some reports, "Ainge wants".

Let Philly deal with the uncertainty.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
The reason we don't do it post draft is because Philly Wants to certify they get jackson . Philly wants jackson. Philly is scared of Lakers taking jackson. Philly gives us war chest to certify they get jackson

Also it seems Celtics have another trade either in the works or already agreed on
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 11:56:14 PM by CelticsElite »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

that turd bag Lonzo Ball

And that's not good.

Exactly. I don't understand why we are taking all the risks here. For what? More picks.

This should be a post selection trade. If this thing still needed to be done, we do it AFTER we take Markelle Fultz at #1. I don't understand why we are putting ourselves on such a risk on missing out of the best prospect in the draft and they guy, who, according to some reports, "Ainge wants".

Let Philly deal with the uncertainty.

exactly !    we get fultz no matter what ,  that night if an offer pops for a lesser guy and picks ....Danny can trade ......

thats how the Noel deal went down .....traded right under everybodies noses that night .

Daddy is setting up possible deals for draft night ......makes no sense to do,them now .

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Stephen A Smith does not know anything... who cares what he thinks

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
76ers already have Embiid, Saric, Simmons, Covington

they need a pg

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
If this is true, it explains why Ainge kept saying they were considering 4-5 guys at #1

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The reason we don't do it post draft is because Philly Wants to certify they get jackson . Philly wants jackson. Philly is scared of Lakers taking jackson. Philly gives us war chest to certify they get jackson

Also it seems Celtics have another trade either in the works or already agreed on

But why are we taking the risk? They take Jackson at #1, Magic and the Lakers take Fultz at #2. And we're stuck with Lonzo Ball or Jayson Tatum. Good prospects, but neither are the best or the guy we want.

What good is the war chest when we already have

1. Plenty of assets on our own.

2. It's not a certainty that even with the assets accumulated, that it could land PG/Butler.

I would disagree passing on Markelle Fultz if we take Josh Jackson, but at least he is "Ainge's guy". I don't know why we are putting ourselves at risk on missing out on both by okay-ing this deal.

Let the Sixers worry about how they get Josh Jackson if they want him, it should not be our concern.

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12

...then why was Fultz re-routed to Philly when he was supposedly meeting with Boston? The Sixers aren't taking Jackson #1, that would be ridiculous.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

...then why was Fultz re-routed to Philly when he was supposedly meeting with Boston? The Sixers aren't taking Jackson #1, that would be ridiculous.
fultz isn't working out for Philly

Also Jackson cancelled workout with the Celtics.  When was the last time a team drafted at the top  at 3 without working out? Euro and stash don't count

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12

fultz isn't working out for Philly

Also Jackson cancelled workout with the Celtics.  When was the last time a team drafted at the top  at 3 without working out? Euro and stash don't count

Pretty sure Woj's last report said that he was heading to Philly.

Was Jackson's workout canceled before or after all of these developments took place? There's still plenty of time for them to work him out anyway, the draft isn't until Thursday.