Author Topic: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick  (Read 106795 times)

Re: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick
« Reply #660 on: October 23, 2017, 07:09:28 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
I don't believe that DA thought that Tatum was vastly superior nor do I believe that is the case now.

I have read several articles that stated Tatum was always Ainge's pick as the best player in the draft.

There’s a large distance between “vastly superior” and “prefers A to B”.

There were multiple accounts that the Celtics were very high on Fultz — before they even won the lottery.

Although, ut's logical to think that really changed after they had him in for an interview and workout. I wonder if Ainge privately thought it wasn't close between the two players with all the additional information gathered. In fact, along with Tatum, I think Jackson was probably the player the most intrigued him.

Is it though? The Sixers had Fultz in for a workout/interview, and it went well enough they said “Yes, let’s trade a valuable future pick to move up two spots.”  It must have been a very good workout.  Now, the Sixers may have known that Ainge had a preference for Tatum.  But they clearly believed Fultz was worth taking, and wouldn’t be there at #3 if they passed.  And certainly some of that came from their workout.

I personally find it difficult to believe Fultz had such a huge gap in his workouts that Ainge could view Tatum as “vastly superior” while the Sixers viewed him as worth trading #3 and an additional significant pick for.

correct ..at some point i'll be able to share why in FACT they passed on Fultz

« Reply #661 on: October 23, 2017, 08:38:25 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
3 GAMES

4 GAMES now where he hasn't even looked at the basket when it has come to shooting a jumpshot.

I'll keep a running total.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #662 on: October 23, 2017, 09:20:12 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Got this from friends who are sixer fans.

Apparently he avoids shooting Js even during practice. He also avoids using his right hand during jump balls, and has been taking a lot of left handed lay ups that are available to the right hand as well.

As for playing, they say there are a few injuries that you can play on and wont make the injury worse and woyld go away on its own.

All this is too early to decide, we shouldnt gloat right away or karma can decide to screw us. From josh jackson, to ball, to fultz, to the last player in the draft. No one knows for sure who ends up being better than who.

« Reply #663 on: October 23, 2017, 09:24:47 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
He must be hurt.

Why is he even playing if that’s the case?

« Reply #664 on: October 23, 2017, 09:41:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Apparently he avoids shooting Js even during practice. He also avoids using his right hand during jump balls, and has been taking a lot of left handed lay ups that are available to the right hand as well.

As for playing, they say there are a few injuries that you can play on and wont make the injury worse and woyld go away on its own.

All this is too early to decide, we shouldnt gloat right away or karma can decide to screw us. From josh jackson, to ball, to fultz, to the last player in the draft. No one knows for sure who ends up being better than who.

I have no idea what the diagnosis is for Fultz, but a few years ago, I had a shoulder impingement that lasted for like a year. I was able to play basketball, but it hurt in certain situations - like aggressively putting my arm straight over my head. It only was ever aggravated when I tried to do bench press at the gym. Once I adjusted my workout and got used to it on the court, I was generally okay, but it took a while to go away and I was freaked out at first. For me, though, it was my left(off) arm, which probably made it easier.

It's possible he is just being super cautious or that he just can't take the pain when he puts his arm up, but I tend to believe it is more mental than anything else.

« Reply #665 on: October 23, 2017, 09:42:45 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Untrue. The video below covers that at 4:50 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKFYft12ixA

« Reply #666 on: October 23, 2017, 10:21:11 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Simmons seems to be the PG. Maybe Fultz is hurt, but he's marginal right now. You have to wonder why they traded for him if Simmons was going to have the ball.

« Reply #667 on: October 23, 2017, 10:50:08 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
He must be hurt.

Why is he even playing if that’s the case?

When have the sixers ever been afraid of holding a player out if they're injured?

Look at the embiid minutes restriction. Simmons missed a year.

I agree that he would not be playing if it was a significant injury or even a niggle.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?