Author Topic: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick  (Read 107471 times)

Re: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2017, 05:34:15 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
The funniest thing is that the deal doesn't include Saric.

I can almost tolerate losing Fultz over this fact.

More encouraging news:

Also was told that Josh Jackson's workout in LA "did not go well at all." Brought high energy but struggled with his shooting and handle.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/875821195563847683

Yikes.  Haven't heard much about Tatum lately.  If Ball is the target, CelticsBlog may collapse.

I, for one, really like Ball. But, he's not Markelle Fultz. He's just not. And ditto on not including Saric. Even in times of extreme chaos and sadness, I will find time to pour water on the Saric fire.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Re: C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2017, 05:34:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
From what i read only picks involved, no players from either side
Technically Simons is a pick , not a player yet. Right?

He's signed a contract and is on the roster, so he's a player.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2017, 05:34:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Zach Lowe: In current parameters, BOS would receive several picks and no players, sources say. Have to think No. 3 would be involved. – via Twitter ZachLowe_NBA
 Draft, Trade, Boston Celtics, Philadelphia 76ers

That it's just picks makes me think it's a smoke screen.  They don't need more picks and Philly figures to improve quite a bit next season.

Frugal danny saves money(cap space), plus gets a future 76ers or lakers pick. Plus the guy he likes at 3

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2017, 05:35:55 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Danny is addicted to future draft picks.

We need to stage an intervention, guys.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2017, 05:35:57 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Does Danny read this blog. Hear me YELL at you through my phone AINGE. YOU WON THE DEAL ALREADY. You fleeced the Nets to get the number 1 pick with a chance at a transcendant player in Markelle Fultz. There is literally NO REASON to do this.

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2017, 05:37:38 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
More encouraging news:

Also was told that Josh Jackson's workout in LA "did not go well at all." Brought high energy but struggled with his shooting and handle.

Can't wait to watch him Crowder and Smart brick shots and free throws and not rebound.

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2017, 05:37:47 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Danny is addicted to future draft picks.

We need to stage an intervention, guys.

"Intervention" what we're calling it these days? You bring the donuts, I'll bring the pitchforks.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Re: C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2017, 05:37:55 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Ainge doesn't lose trades.

I am not worried.

So he traded PP34 for BKN 17 only to get it traded for a #3 pick and several other picks. Why.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2017, 05:38:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Hey, you know, when you could draft a James Harden type prospect but somebody offers you Justise Winslow redux plus potential future lottery picks, you just have to say yes.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2017, 05:38:30 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Better start the "Fire Danny" threads again and I am being serious if he is dealing the #1 pick for several picks.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2017, 05:38:46 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
The only way a trade with Philly makes sense is either:

A) #1 + Bradley for Simmons and #3. But it's widely being reported that no players would be involved at this point.

B) Danny plans on using the 3rd pick to trade for a Butler or George type, which is probably more palatable than trading the first pick for him.

I'd be okay with A, but I'd much rather have Fultz than trying to go that route with B.

Of course, there's always the possibility that Danny is for whatever reason viewing future picks more heavily than this one, which makes no sense whatsoever, or that Fultz's knees didn't come back clean. But in that case, wouldn't Philly also see this red flag and not want Fultz in that case?

But, my God, if he does this for no other reason than wanting freaking Jackson over Fultz, then I think Ainge might've ran his course here.

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2017, 05:39:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
More encouraging news:

Can't wait to watch him Crowder and Smart brick shots and free throws and not rebound.

Who needs guy that are good at putting the ball in the net?

We have Isaiah.  He's gonna play for another fifteen years, right?
- Mark Twain

« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2017, 05:39:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Does Danny read this blog. Hear me YELL at you through my phone AINGE. YOU WON THE DEAL ALREADY. You fleeced the Nets to get the number 1 pick with a chance at a transcendant player in Markelle Fultz. There is literally NO REASON to do this.

Yeah. I also don't like trading with Philly. They have gummed up their process enough losing Noel for nothing and having Okafor bust and not getting the Lakers pick this year (or the number 1 pick), now we want to help them?

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2017, 05:39:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

B) Danny plans on using the 3rd pick to trade for a Butler or George type, which is probably more palatable than trading the first pick for him.

Give me Fultz over Butler / George plus future picks.  All the way.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2017, 05:40:34 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
That's not enough. What are the odds we get #1 again? Not very high. My god, I can't believe he's going to do this.

Just a reminder that fans who say this now would've probably said the same thing in 1980 when Red traded the opportunity to draft the super-hyped Joe Barry Carroll at #1. Don't be that fan. Trust in Danny.

I like Ainge in trades and I think making this deal is good. I was never sold on Fultz. I think he can fleece the Sixers. The Sixers will still be in lottery next year. Yes, this does remind me of Auerbach move in getting McHale and Parish.

If they were sold on Fultz they wouldn't be working out all these guys.