Author Topic: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick  (Read 106797 times)

Re: Woj, Stein, & Lowe - C's and Sixers in serious talks for #1 pick
« Reply #570 on: June 17, 2017, 05:27:43 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
what can the lakers offer

I don't know, Ivica Zubac? Rights to switch picks in 2019 (for our own). 2021 or 2022 unprotected 1st. Tariq Black. Julius Randle. Some of those.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #571 on: June 17, 2017, 05:34:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I don't know, Ivica Zubac? Rights to switch picks in 2019 (for our own). 2021 or 2022 unprotected 1st. Tariq Black. Julius Randle. Some of those.

I just can't see DAnny nor Magic doing this lol....  especially just in case one prospect turns out to be better than the other or Danny fleeces the Lakers.....we will never  hear the end of it

Maybe in the end the 76ers will have to pay "bully" money to both Celtics and Lakers to get their guy....

or things take a life of its own and Celtics, Lakers, 76ers make a 3 way trade

« Reply #572 on: June 17, 2017, 05:48:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Lakers leverage is limited if they want Ball.

« Reply #573 on: June 17, 2017, 06:00:40 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

I just can't see DAnny nor Magic doing this lol....  especially just in case one prospect turns out to be better than the other or Danny fleeces the Lakers.....we will never  hear the end of it

Maybe in the end the 76ers will have to pay "bully" money to both Celtics and Lakers to get their guy....

LAL also have Ingram and Russel but neither is worth Fultz so it would have to be in a package and we would need to give a player up

« Reply #574 on: June 17, 2017, 06:05:25 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Keith Pompey from Philly Inquirer:

More
#Lakers can screws things up by drafting Josh Jackson. That's why word out of Boston is #Celtics want to wait until draft night.

I threw up in my mouth when I just read that. So disappointing my only hope is that the Fakers save us. I HATE wings that can't shoot, they have no place in the league!

Good news for me is I don't think the Fakers will take Ball so they could block this!!!

« Reply #575 on: June 17, 2017, 06:12:06 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Then we keep Fultz. It's not going to be the end of the world to get stuck with arguably the best player of this draft.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #576 on: June 17, 2017, 06:47:09 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Last year the Sixers had the #1 pick and the C's had #3 with the Lakers at #2 both times.

Colangelo refused to even consider any kind of trade with Danny for the #1. Maybe Danny is just screwing with Colangelo and teasing him but won't pull the trigger.

The thing is I just can't imagine Danny offered up Brooklyn's 17 pick plus last year's #3 (Jaylen Brown) for the #1 (Simmons).  And I'd say Jackson at three this year is more valuable than Brown at three last year.

« Reply #577 on: June 17, 2017, 09:48:06 PM »

Offline Jarrin John

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 41
The negative nellies here need to get a grip. Ainge knows better than we do.

THIS^^^^^^^

He has more knowledge and information.

That doesn't mean he's always right.

By your own admission his process is exponentially superior. So I think it does mean he's always right. But it just doesn't always turn out "right."

« Reply #578 on: June 17, 2017, 09:55:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The negative nellies here need to get a grip. Ainge knows better than we do.

THIS^^^^^^^

He has more knowledge and information.

That doesn't mean he's always right.

By your own admission his process is exponentially superior. So I think it does mean he's always right. But it just doesn't always turn out "right."

That makes zero sense. Even when a GM is wrong he's right?

So, Billy King was right when he made the KG/Pierce trade? The Blazers were correct when they passed on Jordan and Durant? And if Danny picks Luke Kennard #1, he's still right, and by extensions, fans who object are wrong?

A better process doesn't guarantee a better result. And, as an aside, don't put words in my mouth. I made no such admission.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #579 on: June 17, 2017, 10:03:50 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Who here thinks they know the draft and trade values better than Ainge? Raise your hand, everyone who's mad about these rumors. Hands up yet? Okay, good. Now, read this closely and get it through your heads:

YOU ARE WRONG.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #580 on: June 17, 2017, 10:10:33 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
And, as an aside, don't put words in my mouth. I made no such admission.

Bro, you can't even admit that Ainge's process is exponentially superior to yours? Are you serious? You admit that he has more knowledge and information, but you think your evaluation process is in the same ballpark as his? Get real. Admit it.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #581 on: June 17, 2017, 10:13:04 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Bro, you can't even admit that Ainge's process is exponentially superior to yours? Are you serious? You admit that he has more knowledge and information, but you think your evaluation process is in the same ballpark as his? Get real. Admit it.

You mad? ;D

« Reply #582 on: June 17, 2017, 10:14:20 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Keith Pompey from Philly Inquirer:

More
#Lakers can screws things up by drafting Josh Jackson. That's why word out of Boston is #Celtics want to wait until draft night.

I threw up in my mouth when I just read that. So disappointing my only hope is that the Fakers save us. I HATE wings that can't shoot, they have no place in the league!

Good news for me is I don't think the Fakers will take Ball so they could block this!!!
Wings that can't shoot, by whom I assume you mean Jackson.

Jackson shot 55% last season and was 38% from three point land.  Over the last two months he shot 47% from three point land.  In his freshman season his FT percentage went up each month.

Pretty high bar you have set there.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #583 on: June 17, 2017, 10:18:25 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'm not sure that you know what "exponentially" means.

Danny's process is better. Is it "exponentially" better than that of the experts that fans follow? Game film, analytics, measurements, etc. are all available to the public.

Results matter. If you compared Danny's picks to, say, Jonathon Givony, would there be an "exponential" difference? Again, unless you don't know what the word means, the answer is clearly no.

Bro. Lol.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #584 on: June 17, 2017, 10:19:26 PM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
Forums are much more palatable when you understand armchair experts are infinitely more skilled in talent evaluation and have far more up to the minute information at their disposal than those with lifelong careers working at the coalface.