Author Topic: Praise for Larkin  (Read 1484 times)

Praise for Larkin
« on: October 20, 2017, 10:13:30 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I'm still not sure what to make of him, but he was instrumental in the win tonight.  Big minutes and production in the 4th and he was in there to close it out.  They got their mojo working with him out there at crunch time.
Yup

Re: Praise for Larkin
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 10:17:12 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
His experience and composure shows during those situations.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 10:33:13 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980
He deserves the Tommy Award for the game.  There's little chance we win that game without the spark he provided off the bench.

After watching almost every game he played with BKN, I've been a big critic of him.  I did not like his game despite having some strengths (good at playing passing lanes, decent on ball defender, capable but inconsistent PnR ballhandler) and was not surprised that he was out of the league and playing in Europe.  Tonight he made me eat my words and I'd love more of that to continue.

Praise.  For now.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 10:36:20 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Larkin's shooting was sorely needed.

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 10:36:50 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
He gave up some euros to be here. Glad for him.

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 10:47:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Played great. Very happy for him. Didn’t force anything. Took what they gave him.

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 09:35:45 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
He seems very clutch and very poised.

My son and I went to the Celtics/Hornets' preseason game in Charlotte and sat on the third row right behind the Celtics' bench and Larkin simply took over that game.  Yes, it was a meaningless preseason game, but it clearly meant a LOT to Shane and he dominated the close of that game.

As I recall, he was very clutch at Miami in college as well.

Alpha male anyone??:-)))))))))

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 10:51:46 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I always thought he would be a winner in the NBA. His father was a classy winner and i see the same in Shane. I am glad we have him. I hope he makes it hard not to play him.  He may allow us to move Rozier for a young big.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 11:15:01 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I definitely did not expect the performance he provided. If he can give us an occasional 10 mpg with the level of production we saw in game 3 then he becomes a pleasant  surprise that will earn fan support quickly. Kind of like Eddie House if he can hit that 3 pt shot at a decent rate.

If he can just come in and let one of our other guards catch his breath or cover for foul trouble from the once in a while, wow we have a nice piece. He should work hard with Jabari Bird to be in sync.  That will help both their games and earn them minutes at the end of quarters and such.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 08:56:46 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I'm still not sure what to make of him, but he was instrumental in the win tonight.  Big minutes and production in the 4th and he was in there to close it out.  They got their mojo working with him out there at crunch time.

I think he will give them 75-80% of the offense from the pick-n-roll that IT gave them last year.  I think of him as an instant-offense veteran much like IT was, albeit without the same ability or playing time.

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 10:30:45 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I really like what I've seen from him so far.  I completely dismissed him when I first heard of Boston signing him - figured he was another undersized nobody (e.g. Phil Pressey) who would do nothing for us. 

But then when I first looked at his stats from last year I realised he has actually been pretty productive - and I started thinking he looked REALLY impressive for a 3rd string PG.

So far he's impressed - looks comfortable handling the ball, has shot it well, plays with pace, and even seems to put in effort on D (though a bit size limited there).   

The perfect 3rd string PG in that he's not egotistical enough to demand minutes, but is talented enough to be able to step up into a bigger backup role if needed and produce.  Nice "under the radar" pickup from Danny!

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 10:34:52 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Brad will make Larkin look better than he is, he'll play him to his strengths and hide his weaknesses (hopefully)
As a third stringer he's good, step up for Pressey.  If he is called into 2nd string for too long a period it'll show.  But much like Gerald green last year, Larkin is a guy who will win us some games.