Author Topic: Ford: GMs Think Ainge Really Likes Josh Jackson (Insider)  (Read 46177 times)

Re: Ford: GMs Think Ainge Really Likes Josh Jackson (Insider)
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2017, 08:40:01 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
I believe the pick has a 90% chance of being Jackson. Honestly. This is an Ainge player if there ever was one. Jaylen was a make up pick because he couldn't get Winslow the year before. It's just going to be rough seeing the Lakers get another superstar in the making with Fultz. Meanwhile we get the blue collared Jackson with his lunch pail attitude. Nah we don't need no stars...let the Lakers have those divas. We have grit!!
Are you a betting man? Because I would put up a whole lot of $$$ saying its Fultz.
Vegas odds:
#1 Overall pick   
Markelle Fultz     -1650   
Lonzo Ball     +800   
Josh Jackson     +1600
Dennis Smith     +6600   
Jayson Tatum     +3300   
Lauri Markkanen     +5000

for Tyrone, Vegas has Jackson at just 6.5% meaning you should bet a lot of Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing  money on it if you really believe theres a 90% chance he goes #1.

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2017, 08:40:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Jackson's shot form looks broken, even in that youtube vid of him practicing on fixing it. He is dynamic other than that but like others have said, this league has seen so many players come in young with horrid shots that are never able to fix it.

If he had good form, say like Avery Bradley, coming out of college, then I would think he would be on the same level as Fultz. Bradley's shot eventually came around because is form was excellent. Not sure Jackson's ever will.

Fultz, OTOH, has a smooth as silk shot, excellent stop and go, elite coordination and control, and excels at all three areas of offense, 3-point shooting, mid-range game and ability to finish. And I can see where a defense first kind of coach like Stevens will get Fultz to eventually plat grest defense.

Don't overthink it too much, Danny. Just draft Fultz.

In Danny Ainges world grit and defense are greater than rebounding and scoring. If Jackson is the pick then this team will have wasted the #1 overall pick while delivering a potential superstar to the Lakers of all teams...

would you rather have Smart, Brown or Randle, Ingram?

or Smart or Russell?

with all of these star power youngsters,  why were they so good last season?
can you make a single post without a logical falacy in it?

its not fallacy

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2017, 08:45:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Fultz just had a workout today with the Lakers

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/875409863454728194/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fnesn.com%2F2017%2F06%2Flook-away-celtics-fans-markelle-fultz-rocks-lakers-gear-in-workout%2F

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/875423140591017988?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fnesn.com%2F2017%2F06%2Flook-away-celtics-fans-markelle-fultz-rocks-lakers-gear-in-workout%2F

This means even Fultz' team is uncertain whether Danny drafts him or not.

He recently signed with an agent

the agent (unlike Lonzos agent Lavar) , did the right thing by having Fultz workout with the Lakers.  I wouldn't be surprised if he also works out for the 76ers

Fultz says: Can play with Russell

Post workout interview with Lakers

https://youtu.be/MhPdtF3U51k

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2017, 08:45:44 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
There is no comparison between Jackson and Fultz. Jackson projects as a defensive role player. Kawahi Leonard without the offense and hopefully 50% of the defense.

Fultz projects as an NBA superstar that at 18 years old, already has a complete offensive game and measurements that are up there with some of the best ever guards in the NBA.

Who here wants to bet 891 TP's that if we keep the pick, we take Fultz over Jackson? (I'm taking Fultz).

I guess that's why Jackson cancelled his workout with the Celtics? Because we told him we'd take him #1 even without a workout?  ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:51:20 PM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2017, 08:45:44 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
So let me get this straight, one GM says that based on the type of player Ainge prefers he thinks they'll pick Jackson? Ummmm, first of all that means literally next to nothing. All this tells us is what one GM thinks, not what the Celtics are thinking. And ya Ainge often takes the hard working defensive player, but not all the time. He was rumored to love KD, and KD doesn't fit that archetype. He selected Olynyk and Sullinger who aren't defensive forces. He takes the best player, not a type. Lastly Jackson cancelled his work out likely because he KNOWS he's not going first and he's rumored to have a promise from a top 3 team (which isn't the Celtics because they don't give promises). Thus he has nothing to gain from such a workout.

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2017, 08:46:51 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
“I’ve picked Danny’s brain for years,” one anonymous GM said. “Jackson is an Ainge player all the way. Tough, athletic, long, versatile, elite motor. If he’s keeping the pick, Jackson just to me, far and away, is the most Celtics-type player for them to draft. From all my conversations with them, I’m convinced they’ll take Jackson No. 1.”

http://amicohoops.net/nba-draft-nba-rumors-josh-jackson-boston-celtics-markelle-fultz/

I would honestly not be surprised. Jackson seems like the prototypical player Ainge gets a hard on for. Versatile defender, bull dog mentality, can't shoot.

Except that he's also a good ball handler and shot well from 3 this season.
From everything I've read, the knock on him is his ackring/shooting ability. He doesn't possess a super advanced offensive game like Fultz does.

« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2017, 08:46:58 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Who here wants to bet 1000 TP's that if we keep the pick, we take Fultz over Jackson? (I'm taking Fultz).

I will bet all of my TP's on this as well.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2017, 08:48:32 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
Who here wants to bet 1000 TP's that if we keep the pick, we take Fultz over Jackson? (I'm taking Fultz).

I wrote 1000 then realized I only have 891 lol. But the doubters know I'm serious!
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2017, 08:51:20 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/875409863454728194/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fnesn.com%2F2017%2F06%2Flook-away-celtics-fans-markelle-fultz-rocks-lakers-gear-in-workout%2F

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/875423140591017988?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fnesn.com%2F2017%2F06%2Flook-away-celtics-fans-markelle-fultz-rocks-lakers-gear-in-workout%2F

I'm starting to think this is a ploy to try and get the Lakers to offer up some assets to move up in the draft.

Think about it: if Danny knew that LA gave Jackson a promise and was set on him, he might be having this leaked out there to try and make LA think that we'll take Jackson over Fultz. If they really are set on Jackson, then maybe they'd offer up something to move to the first pick.

Granted, what that would be is beyond me. I'd imagine all of Ingram, Clarkson, Randle, and Russell are either off the table or not wanted by Danny. Zubac would be interesting, but he's redundant with Zizic.

Larry Nance Jr. would be an interesting and cheap bench big for us. But is it really worth it just for that?

Perhaps this is just a self-defense mechanism of me making up theories trying to convince myself that Danny would never make such a terrible decision like this.  :(

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2017, 08:51:20 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

I wrote 1000 then realized I only have 891 lol. But the doubters know I'm serious!

I'll get you up to 892 so you can wager a bit more!
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2017, 08:51:40 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I bet he does really like Jackson. A versatile and hard nosed defender like that is definitely the type of guy Ainge likes.

That won't stop him from taking Fultz at #1, though
I'm bitter.

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2017, 08:53:45 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
Fultz has the highest upside but also is the least ready (out of the top 5)..... He also needs to toughen up

Celtics staff may feel, guys like Smart may chew him alive.   Challenge him etc. 

Maybe he might cave..

A guy like Jackson won't

I don't think Fultz will see much minutes next season...at least until his defense is as good as Roziers .  Jackson should be able to contribute immediately , due to defense alone

We will have to see what type of direction Danny wants to take.  This is why i have been saying that this team is lucky but in a difficult situation.   You need to let a guy like Fultz play, develop, breathe , grow, make mistakes.   On this current team, the margin of error is small

lol so Fultz 'might cave', yet ' a guy like Jackson won't'.

I didn't realize you knew their personalities and mental fortitude like a psychologist triboy.
When and where did you conduct these tests?
In your mom's basement?

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2017, 08:55:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

I'm starting to think this is a ploy to try and get the Lakers to offer up some assets to move up in the draft.

Think about it: if Danny knew that LA gave Jackson a promise and was set on him, he might be having this leaked out there to try and make LA think that we'll take Jackson over Fultz. If they really are set on Jackson, then maybe they'd offer up something to move to the first pick.

Granted, what that would be is beyond me. I'd imagine all of Ingram, Clarkson, Randle, and Russell are either off the table or not wanted by Danny. Zubac would be interesting, but he's redundant with Zizic.

Larry Nance Jr. would be an interesting and cheap bench big for us. But is it really worth it just for that?

Perhaps this is just a self-defense mechanism of me making up theories trying to convince myself that Danny would never make such a terrible decision like this.  :(

I doubt it. LA would gladly take Fultz over Jackson if he's available.

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
Jackson's shot form looks broken, even in that youtube vid of him practicing on fixing it. He is dynamic other than that but like others have said, this league has seen so many players come in young with horrid shots that are never able to fix it.

If he had good form, say like Avery Bradley, coming out of college, then I would think he would be on the same level as Fultz. Bradley's shot eventually came around because is form was excellent. Not sure Jackson's ever will.

Fultz, OTOH, has a smooth as silk shot, excellent stop and go, elite coordination and control, and excels at all three areas of offense, 3-point shooting, mid-range game and ability to finish. And I can see where a defense first kind of coach like Stevens will get Fultz to eventually plat grest defense.

Don't overthink it too much, Danny. Just draft Fultz.

In Danny Ainges world grit and defense are greater than rebounding and scoring. If Jackson is the pick then this team will have wasted the #1 overall pick while delivering a potential superstar to the Lakers of all teams...

would you rather have Smart, Brown or Randle, Ingram?

or Smart or Russell?

with all of these star power youngsters,  why were they so good last season?
can you make a single post without a logical falacy in it?

its not fallacy
yes it is.

you suggest that the Celtics success over the Lakers is evidence that Brown and Smart are greater than Randle Ingram and Russell.

Suggesting that Russell and Ingrams(combined 40 years of age) inability to lead a tanking Lakers team to success is an indictment on Markelle Fultz's ability to become a superstar is a logical falacy in my book.