Author Topic: Ford: GMs Think Ainge Really Likes Josh Jackson (Insider)  (Read 46081 times)

Re: Ford: GMs Think Ainge Really Likes Josh Jackson (Insider)
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2017, 07:55:06 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
It's been suggested here a number of times by others, Jackson and Simmons for Fultz and Bradley makes a lot of sense.

Horford
Simmons
Crowder
Brown
IT

Smart
Rozier
Jackson
KO
Zizic

I'd take my chances with that team short term and long.  Still have cap space and future picks.

I can get behind this, and it wouldn't stop us from getting Hayward, too. That's a very good deal for both sides, in my opinion.

What I can't get behind is Ainge picking someone like Jackson over Fultz. That has Darko/Kwame Brown 2.0 written all over it.

It would be worse than that. Think Okafor over Towns, MKG over AD. It would be an unprecedented, franchise-crippling, mind-bogglingly stupid move.

Isn't this what people said after Danny picked Brown over Dunn last season?

Stop, just stop. This is nonsense and you know it.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2017, 07:59:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Jackson's shot form looks broken, even in that youtube vid of him practicing on fixing it. He is dynamic other than that but like others have said, this league has seen so many players come in young with horrid shots that are never able to fix it.

If he had good form, say like Avery Bradley, coming out of college, then I would think he would be on the same level as Fultz. Bradley's shot eventually came around because is form was excellent. Not sure Jackson's ever will.

Fultz, OTOH, has a smooth as silk shot, excellent stop and go, elite coordination and control, and excels at all three areas of offense, 3-point shooting, mid-range game and ability to finish. And I can see where a defense first kind of coach like Stevens will get Fultz to eventually plat grest defense.

Don't overthink it too much, Danny. Just draft Fultz.

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2017, 08:04:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Jackson's shot form looks broken, even in that youtube vid of him practicing on fixing it. He is dynamic other than that but like others have said, this league has seen so many players come in young with horrid shots that are never able to fix it.

If he had good form, say like Avery Bradley, coming out of college, then I would think he would be on the same level as Fultz. Bradley's shot eventually came around because is form was excellent. Not sure Jackson's ever will.

Fultz, OTOH, has a smooth as silk shot, excellent stop and go, elite coordination and control, and excels at all three areas of offense, 3-point shooting, mid-range game and ability to finish. And I can see where a defense first kind of coach like Stevens will get Fultz to eventually plat grest defense.

guys are able to fix their shots at the pro level

Leonard, Hayward even Rozier improved their 3 pt shot

If Jackson had a messy shot and shot the 3 at 25 percent...well yeah, he has little to no hope

but he shot it a 37 percent. Last 10 games shot it at like 45 percent

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:15:13 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2017, 08:15:07 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
There's absolutely nothing of substance here.

Ford's trolling for clicks a week before the draft, and triboy has seized on this third-hand gossip because it fits his weird anti-Fultz narrative.

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2017, 08:22:53 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I believe the pick has a 90% chance of being Jackson. Honestly. This is an Ainge player if there ever was one. Jaylen was a make up pick because he couldn't get Winslow the year before. It's just going to be rough seeing the Lakers get another superstar in the making with Fultz. Meanwhile we get the blue collared Jackson with his lunch pail attitude. Nah we don't need no stars...let the Lakers have those divas. We have grit!!

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2017, 08:26:24 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I believe the pick has a 90% chance of being Jackson. Honestly. This is an Ainge player if there ever was one. Jaylen was a make up pick because he couldn't get Winslow the year before. It's just going to be rough seeing the Lakers get another superstar in the making with Fultz. Meanwhile we get the blue collared Jackson with his lunch pail attitude. Nah we don't need no stars...let the Lakers have those divas. We have grit!!
Are you a betting man? Because I would put up a whole lot of $$$ saying its Fultz.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2017, 08:26:24 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

In Danny Ainges world grit and defense are greater than rebounding and scoring. If Jackson is the pick then this team will have wasted the #1 overall pick while delivering a potential superstar to the Lakers of all teams...

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2017, 08:31:03 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
If we could some how get Fultz, Jackson and Holmes I would give up the Nets 2018 and ours.   But that's a dream. 
Diggles

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2017, 08:31:11 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
There's absolutely nothing of substance here.

Ford's trolling for clicks a week before the draft, and triboy has seized on this third-hand gossip because it fits his weird anti-Fultz narrative.

Bingo!  This is the first "boring" draft that I can remember since Bias.  We are taking Fultz.  Fin.

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2017, 08:31:23 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
“I’ve picked Danny’s brain for years,” one anonymous GM said. “Jackson is an Ainge player all the way. Tough, athletic, long, versatile, elite motor. If he’s keeping the pick, Jackson just to me, far and away, is the most Celtics-type player for them to draft. From all my conversations with them, I’m convinced they’ll take Jackson No. 1.”

http://amicohoops.net/nba-draft-nba-rumors-josh-jackson-boston-celtics-markelle-fultz/

I would honestly not be surprised. Jackson seems like the prototypical player Ainge gets a hard on for. Versatile defender, bull dog mentality, can't shoot.

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2017, 08:35:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

In Danny Ainges world grit and defense are greater than rebounding and scoring. If Jackson is the pick then this team will have wasted the #1 overall pick while delivering a potential superstar to the Lakers of all teams...

would you rather have Smart, Brown or Randle, Ingram?

with all of these star power youngsters,  why were they so good last season?

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2017, 08:35:18 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I actually really do like Jackson but overall the thinking is for the guys Ainge takes that are leading them to say it'll be Jackson are what he chooses when he doesn't get the total stud prospect at the top of the draft.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2017, 08:36:58 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
This report really really really scares me. I know there is a lot of bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. and speculation going around, but there are multiple reasons why this story could be legit.

1. Jackson is indeed an Ainge type of player. Fits right in the Celtics' culture.

2. Ainge is never afraid to take the player he wants. Even if that contradicts the general opinion and he can expect a little heat, see the selection of Jaylen Brown.

3. Was Ainge in LA to get more information on Jackson and/or did he want to know more about the plans by the Lakers, and for what purpose? Investigating possible trades?

4. There was a rumour that Jackson got a top 3 promise, by whom? If it's true would it make any sense that the Lakers or 76'ers would do this, considering there's a remote chance the Celtics wouldn't pick Fultz and he could fall to them?

5. Jackson didn't want to work out for the Celtics, because (as his agent stated) of the risk of limited playing time in contrast to other destinations. Why is he so afraid to be taken first? Does he have information and after long thinking doesn't like the outcome? Every draftee would in general be thrilled with the thought to be taken first.

6. Ainge spoke positively about Fultz, but it was all pretty much holding back. If he's sure to take him first, is there any harm to just show your excitement? It could only cause the value of the pick to rise, which is a good thing (unless you believe that the Lakers would trade up to secure Ball).

7. Fultz has had a pretty significant knee injury. Does the medical staff have doubts about the durability of Fultz? There's a lot of history with high draft picks who never turned out in to the player they were projected to be due to injury problems. And lots of times the guy picked right after became an superstar.

8. At the top the idea is to never draft for fit, but take the best player available. That hasn't worked out well though for the 76'ers. Could Ainge be worried with the enormous log jam in the Celtics' backcourt? Also does he have a close (special) relationship with Thomas and Bradley, he might not want to break with them for an incoming rookie.

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2017, 08:38:28 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

would you rather have Smart, Brown or Randle, Ingram?

or Smart or Russell?

with all of these star power youngsters,  why were they so good last season?
can you make a single post without a logical falacy in it?

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2017, 08:38:51 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
“I’ve picked Danny’s brain for years,” one anonymous GM said. “Jackson is an Ainge player all the way. Tough, athletic, long, versatile, elite motor. If he’s keeping the pick, Jackson just to me, far and away, is the most Celtics-type player for them to draft. From all my conversations with them, I’m convinced they’ll take Jackson No. 1.”

http://amicohoops.net/nba-draft-nba-rumors-josh-jackson-boston-celtics-markelle-fultz/

I would honestly not be surprised. Jackson seems like the prototypical player Ainge gets a hard on for. Versatile defender, bull dog mentality, can't shoot.

Except that he's also a good ball handler and shot well from 3 this season.