Author Topic: Ford: GMs Think Ainge Really Likes Josh Jackson (Insider)  (Read 45706 times)

Re: Ford: GMs Think Ainge Really Likes Josh Jackson (Insider)
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2017, 06:57:56 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Maybe the question we really should be asking is who does Indiana want at one?  Perhaps Hayward and IT and horford already have PG convinced about locking down and this pick isn't even for us....
There's zero chance of that happening, even if it were a good idea. Carrying 4 max contracts isn't going to happen.

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2017, 06:58:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Not really a fan of Jackson with a top 3 pick.  Guys like MKG, Aaron Gordon, Justise Winslow, even Marcus Smart are fresh in my head - guys who have the athleticism and tenacity, but their offensive game is based on a dream that they can become something they're not.  Kawhi made the leap, but he's the exception, not the rule. 

Give me the guy who is great on offense and can become solid on defense over the guy who is great on defense and can become solid on offense.

Jackson is different than MKG or Smart.... these guys are mainly about putting their heads down and trying to outwork their opponents. 

Jackson is much more explosive and quicker also.  Brown is physically just as explosive/quick but Jackson has a higher IQ.   Combine explosiveness/quickness (top 5 percent at the NBA level) + high IQ

how many players have this combination?

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 06:58:34 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
It's been suggested here a number of times by others, Jackson and Simmons for Fultz and Bradley makes a lot of sense.

Horford
Simmons
Crowder
Brown
IT

Smart
Rozier
Jackson
KO
Zizic

I'd take my chances with that team short term and long.  Still have cap space and future picks.

I can get behind this, and it wouldn't stop us from getting Hayward, too. That's a very good deal for both sides, in my opinion.

What I can't get behind is Ainge picking someone like Jackson over Fultz. That has Darko/Kwame Brown 2.0 written all over it.

It would be worse than that. Think Okafor over Towns, MKG over AD. It would be an unprecedented, franchise-crippling, mind-bogglingly stupid move.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2017, 07:02:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Fultz is lightyears ahead of anyone else at the top of the draft, and the closest to being ready to play. Lot of nonsense in this thread.

Imo it seems like you haven't been following this team closely at all

If you understand why Jerebko gets min, you will understand that Fultz has ways to go

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2017, 07:04:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Fultz has ways to go on the current Celtics squad (coming off ECF finals), CBS as his coach

on a team like the 76ers, Suns, Lakers....  it doesn't matter

he can grow with the young team

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2017, 07:05:23 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
It's been suggested here a number of times by others, Jackson and Simmons for Fultz and Bradley makes a lot of sense.

Horford
Simmons
Crowder
Brown
IT

Smart
Rozier
Jackson
KO
Zizic

I'd take my chances with that team short term and long.  Still have cap space and future picks.

I can get behind this, and it wouldn't stop us from getting Hayward, too. That's a very good deal for both sides, in my opinion.

What I can't get behind is Ainge picking someone like Jackson over Fultz. That has Darko/Kwame Brown 2.0 written all over it.

It would be worse than that. Think Okafor over Towns, MKG over AD. It would be an unprecedented, franchise-crippling, mind-bogglingly stupid move.

Those are probably two better analogies.

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2017, 07:06:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Horford
Simmons
Crowder
Brown
IT

Smart
Rozier
Jackson
KO
Zizic

Isn't this what people said after Danny picked Brown over Dunn last season?

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2017, 07:07:20 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

Horford
Simmons
Crowder
Brown
IT

Smart
Rozier
Jackson
KO
Zizic

Isn't this what people said after Danny picked Brown over Dunn last season?
its very different from that and you know it.

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2017, 07:10:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The main concerns I had about Jackson was his 1) off court behavior 2) messy jump shot

but

1) he has said he is taking anger management class.  It has been beneficial for him
2) He has been working on "compacting" his shooting form.  There is a highlight on youtube already.  He has cut out the "dipping" down start of his shot.   

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2017, 07:12:25 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Fultz is lightyears ahead of anyone else at the top of the draft, and the closest to being ready to play. Lot of nonsense in this thread.

Imo it seems like you haven't been following this team closely at all

If you understand why Jerebko gets min, you will understand that Fultz has ways to go
Fultz is miles ahead of the guys and bizarre nonsensical trades you've been advocating. It's a joke to pretend otherwise.

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2017, 07:32:03 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
The main concerns I had about Jackson was his 1) off court behavior 2) messy jump shot

but

1) he has said he is taking anger management class.  It has been beneficial for him
2) He has been working on "compacting" his shooting form.  There is a highlight on youtube already.  He has cut out the "dipping" down start of his shot.   
in the highlight on youtube his jumper looks painful and awful.

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2017, 07:32:56 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
It all depends on what Sixers are willing to give up for Fultz.  3, Holmes and next year's Lakers' no. 1 pick would be something to consider.  They may throw in Okafor, but he would just clutter roster space. (Can't believe I am writing that).

I'm still inclined to keep the pick and take Fultz, but I do like Jackson. 

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2017, 07:42:07 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Jackson is an Ainge player all the way. Tough, athletic, long, versatile, elite motor."

I think so, too.  Jackson can come right in and play defense plus Ainge never shows his hand and who has he been silent on?   Jackson.

I have been on the Josh Jackson hype-wagon since I first saw him play for Kansas.  He instantly reminded me of Shawn Marion.

If we walk away with him I will be more than happy.

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2017, 07:48:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
his fire is what intrigues me......why i like Smart ....

but still Fultz would be soooooo cool running with Brown

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2017, 07:52:14 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
his fire is what intrigues me......why i like Smart ....

but still Fultz would be soooooo cool running with Brown

Agree and I want Fultz.  But if we were to make a trade down to get Jackson, I would be fine with that too.  Not happy, but fine.

People are misinterpreting this article by Ford.  I am sure Danny loves Josh Jackson but he is not picking him #1 unless he is doing it to F with someone else whose name rhymes with Tragic.