Poll

Should NBA Teams Overpays Any Of Them?

Yes (Let them walk away, find another ring chasers for veterans minimum)
9 (64.3%)
No (Iggy Livingston Clark stays for a huge pay cut)
4 (28.6%)
Igoudala Only Stays
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: NBA Teams should Overpay Livingston Igoudala Clark to break the GSW back-court?  (Read 6976 times)

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
are GSW still a better team without those back-courts who help them a lot to make it to the finals?

and these guys taking less than 5 million just to be with the core again?
add pachullia

if you are GSW GM would you let igoudala livingston clark pachullia walk away?

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
They have a couple of championships now. If teams make them a huge offer, they should take it. Those aren't the make or break players of the team, but hopefully some other team(s) think they are and starts the process of breaking them up.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I don't know if teams should, but I'm sure there will be some pretty decent offers for Iggy and Livingston.  I actually think Philly should look at reacquiring Iggy.  He is the perfect type of veteran for that young team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Iguodala is coming back. I think that's a done deal.

I don't know if the rest of those guys matter that much. Livingston is a really good player, but they just don't need him to win titles.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
You could've swapped out Livingston and Iggy for Rozier and James Young and the Warriors would still be the odds on favorite to win a ring. As long as those 4 all stars are there, it hardly matters if Zaza or Zeller is their starting center.
- LilRip

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
You could've swapped out Livingston and Iggy for Rozier and James Young and the Warriors would still be the odds on favorite to win a ring. As long as those 4 all stars are there, it hardly matters if Zaza or Zeller is their starting center.

I somewhat disagree on Iguodala. He's vital. Golden State probably still wins without him, but the series with Cleveland would have been much tighter without him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Iguodala is coming back. I think that's a done deal.

I don't know if the rest of those guys matter that much. Livingston is a really good player, but they just don't need him to win titles.

I agree. They have mccaw to take livingstones place

West could be back for another vet min

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Everytime I see Livingston I remember his injury. Doctors were telling him that might have to amputate his leg it was that bad

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Everytime I see Livingston I remember his injury. Doctors were telling him that might have to amputate his leg it was that bad

Dont remember and dont want to see it

Was it something horrific as pg13 injury?

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Cant link at this time, Durant is on record stating that he would take a paycut to ensure the bench is resigned.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I don't know if teams should, but I'm sure there will be some pretty decent offers for Iggy and Livingston.  I actually think Philly should look at reacquiring Iggy.  He is the perfect type of veteran for that young team.

Tough to imagine going for titles each year to playing with a bunch of twenty year olds and a star that played in 35 games in 3 years.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Cant link at this time, Durant is on record stating that he would take a paycut to ensure the bench is resigned.

What a couple million less from 35 million? Lol

Hoping curry takes supermax and messes up things

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Tough to imagine going for titles each year to playing with a bunch of twenty year olds and a star that played in 35 games in 3 years.
Maybe, but he has 2 titles and he is no best than the 5th option now.  He started his career in Philly, played 8 years there (still more than Denver and GS combined), and got his 1 and only all star appearance there.  Maybe he wants to go "home", likes the challenge of helping turn the Sixers around, wants to start again, and just wants to cash in one last time (or really for the first time).  What if he gets twice the money from the Sixers or triple the money?  Iggy isn't a star where he is just going to make up that money with endorsements and while he has done quite well for himself it isn't like he has ever been a max guy.  He has never really had that huge contract where the money can become a lesser object at the tailend of a career.  I'm not suggesting Philly will give him a max contract, but I could totally see Philly giving him 3 years, 60 million (which there is no way he gets from GS).  Iggy is the exact type of player that would work well with the Sixers and plays a position of real need.  He brings a nice steady vet influence with championship experience.  If you were the Sixers, doesn't that just have a lot of value to your team?  Way more than a 5th option bench player value that he has on the Warriors.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This is the part of the GSW backcourt that doesn't really matter. Livingston and Clark are good players but they can be easily replaceable within that system especially being surrounded by Curry, Klay, Durant and Green.

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Maybe, but he has 2 titles and he is no best than the 5th option now.  He started his career in Philly, played 8 years there (still more than Denver and GS combined), and got his 1 and only all star appearance there.  Maybe he wants to go "home", likes the challenge of helping turn the Sixers around, wants to start again, and just wants to cash in one last time (or really for the first time).  What if he gets twice the money from the Sixers or triple the money?  Iggy isn't a star where he is just going to make up that money with endorsements and while he has done quite well for himself it isn't like he has ever been a max guy.  He has never really had that huge contract where the money can become a lesser object at the tailend of a career.  I'm not suggesting Philly will give him a max contract, but I could totally see Philly giving him 3 years, 60 million (which there is no way he gets from GS).  Iggy is the exact type of player that would work well with the Sixers and plays a position of real need.  He brings a nice steady vet influence with championship experience.  If you were the Sixers, doesn't that just have a lot of value to your team?  Way more than a 5th option bench player value that he has on the Warriors.
Other than overpaid old vet I see no role for Iggy on the Sixers.  They have Covington, Simmons and Saric.  They may well draft Jackson.  Iggy would come off the bench for them.  Paying him 3yr/60M would be a really dumb way to waste their cap space.