Author Topic: Chris Mannix on Cowherd: Fultz is by far the best player in the draft  (Read 11329 times)

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Mannix really shoots down Cowherd on Ball and/or trading the pick, stating that Fultz is by far the best player in the draft, that he will be paying off immediately for the Celtics, that Ainge feels he will be a top 5 PG very quickly in the league. That Ainge is building his roster around Fultz, Brown (whom Mannix predicts will be an All Star) and the 2018 No. 1 pick.  Really pumps me up listening to him!!  Makes Cowherd look dumb.

Link below:

http://www.celticslife.com/2017/06/chris-mannix-markelle-fultz-can-step.html

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Awesome, but I've learned that Mannix is very vocal about a lot of things that never come true....hope he's correct though.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
Awesome, but I've learned that Mannix is very vocal about a lot of things that never come true....hope he's correct though.

Thanks, Killjoy.

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Thanks, Killjoy.

I'm not the Bulpett wet blanket---but I've watched Mannix for the past few years---and he's always so certain of things that do no happen.
 ;)

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
According to Mannix (on different podcast), a GM (was it Ainge??) said that if Fultz was in the draft last year, he would have gone No. 1 ahead of Ben Simmons.

Wow.

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis

Thanks, Killjoy.

I'm not the Bulpett wet blanket---but I've watched Mannix for the past few years---and he's always so certain of things that do no happen.
 ;)

I hear you, but choose to drink green Kool aid today, thanks.

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
According to Mannix (on different podcast), a GM (was it Ainge??) said that if Fultz was in the draft last year, he would have gone No. 1 ahead of Ben Simmons.

Wow.

Keep the Pick, Draft Fultz, sign Hayward....Compete now and the future. Sounds like the best plan.

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
  Makes Cowherd look dumb.

You make it sound like this is a difficult thing. Or doesn't happen regularly.

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Wow.

Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com said that.   He's probably not the only one.

This draft overall is much stronger in the top 8 than last year and Fultz has clear separation over the rest.   I would give him the edge over Simmons as well.  Both have great ball-handling and passing ability and both have superior physicals for the positions they will play and both are similarly unproven and raw on defense (each with great 'potential' on that end).

But Fultz' level of polish on the offensive end, his versatile multi-level scoring, his sophisticated understanding of the pick & roll and just plain ability to put the ball in the basket is way ahead of Simmons.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
i never put much stock in Collin when it comes to NBA anyway

Re: Chris Mannix on Cowherd: Fultz is by far the best player in the draft
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 05:38:13 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
TP Foot.

I agree with Mannix that Fultz, Jaylen, and the 2018 BKN pick are the core and start of our future SUPERTEAM.
However, my views on the future SUPERTEAM are more extreme than Mannix because I'd be more than willing to trade our current starters and Smart on behalf of the future superteam. We have lost players in FA that we could have traded earlier for value and even knowing that they were not part of our future plans....I am worried about that.
Also, we have 3 of our top players (Smart, IT, and AB) that play the same positions as Fultz and Brown, although Brown can play SF too, and will require HUGE increases in payment next summer. Teams would offer more in value this summer for IT/AB/Smart as opposed to the trade-deadline. The wait and see approach is a good one but it has a very high chance of costing this team. The counter to this would be if Fultz is not as good as advertised.....in which case I will try to have faith that DA will know and that would change what we should do with the pick.

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 05:39:24 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Wow.

Yeah, that's not all that controversial. In fact, it seems to be the near consensus. As far as I can tell, most evaluators see Fultz as the third best of the last seven number one picks after AD and Towns.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 05:40:54 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Wow.

Keep the Pick, Draft Fultz, sign Hayward....Compete now and the future. Sounds like the best plan.
What about IT, do we sign him to 25-30m when we drafted the next transcendant PG and someone who can play both ways.

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 05:41:38 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Thanks, Killjoy.

;)
That's true of a lot of prognosticators.  Being confident gives them some kind of credibility, at least at the moment.

Mannix shows up on CSNNE once in a while and he is far more informed than anyone else there, but I guess that's not too high a bar.   :o

But Fultz' level of polish on the offensive end, his versatile multi-level scoring, his sophisticated understanding of the pick & roll and just plain ability to put the ball in the basket is way ahead of Simmons.
Simmons will end up as a taller Rajon Rondo.  Fultz will be better.

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 05:42:40 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
He's not wrong.

I've always been a Mannix fan. I really enjoyed when he would fill in for Tommy in the broadcasting booth.