Author Topic: Did Lebron get robbed a finals MVP?  (Read 7774 times)

Re: Did Lebron get robbed a finals MVP?
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2017, 04:03:00 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
if it went 7 games then maybe he could get it

but he won 1 game

This is exactly the point. Well done. I'm grateful for your comment.

Yet another national pity party for LeBron reminds us that he and his fans whine almost as much as Hillary and hers.

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2017, 04:11:53 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
if it went 7 games then maybe he could get it

but he won 1 game

This is exactly the point. Well done. I'm grateful for your comment.

Yet another national pity party for LeBron reminds us that he and his fans whine almost as much as Hillary and hers.

Really? Isn't everybody whining about that?? We got the worse of two evils.

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2017, 08:29:31 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Absolutely not. 

Triple Double or not, his team lost a series in 5 games.   Certainly not close enough to make up the difference.  It would've looked ridiculous.
his team lost cuz he faced 15 all stars and all he had was Irving and 37 year old richard jefferson.  Lebron was the best player on the court. Double the assists of Durant and more rebounds

So what?  His team lost in 5 games.  How can you be "MOST" valuable if your team loses the series?

And we're not even talking a 7 game series here or anything.  5 games.  4-1.   Stats are pretty but context helps.
you realize the first guy who won the finals MVP award lost his finals series right? It was created to award the best player in the finals period. It has nothing to do with the team hence PLAYER in the award name not PLAYERS

Yeah, in a SEVEN GAME SERIES.    It was also nearly 50 years ago and has not happened since.  Hmmm.... maybe because people came to their good senses and realized the concept was a bit ridiculous. 

The fact that it hasn't happened since 1969 might be a little telling, don't you think?
so he lost and won MVP. Got it. You know what also hasn't happened since 1969 or ever? Someone averaging a triple double in the finals

Who cares.  If you want to hang your hat on Jerry West doing something nearly a half century, have at it.

Kicking & stomping your feet about it isn't going to change the fact that Lebron a) was on the losing team here & b) didn't win the Finals MVP award.

Like I said before, stats are pretty but context matters.
I've learned many members of this blog ****ing hate context.
lol