Author Topic: Did Lebron get robbed a finals MVP?  (Read 7674 times)

Re: Did Lebron get robbed a finals MVP?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 07:40:19 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The argument could be made if:

1) No one else was close to his numbers
2) They lost a close series

As good as he was, Durant played at the same level, if not better, while also on a winning team in a lopsided series. Its a no brainer.

The series wasn't close. They lost 4-1.

Regarding Lebron, you have to play both ends of the court. Durant torched him, especially in key moments

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 07:41:56 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Lebron got a taste of his own medicine is what he got

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 07:53:52 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
MVP? He should be grateful that the league handed him a win.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 07:57:57 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
LeBron was tired. He got beat by a better team and a better player. LeBron missed what 6 free throws? He watched guys dunk rather than try to contest or take a charge. Durant shooting percentage was through the roof and a lot of tough shots. They selected the correct MVP and it wasn't close.

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2017, 08:05:13 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
LeBron was far and away the best player on the floor.

Durant just had more help. Less responsibility and more energy to do what he does best.

LeBron should have been MVP in my eyes.

Far and Away? Definitely No. Heck at times It seemed Durant was the best player in the league in this series.

Also your argument is weak, you could also say that because he had more responsibility that he posted better numbers.

LeBron's impact was constant throughout the game. Every possession.

Durant was not. He popped in and out of the game. At times taking over. At times letting Steph take over. Or Draymond take over. Sometimes Klay. Durant had the most big moments of the four but he was not as constant throughout games dominating at the level LeBron was.

Durant was incredible but he was not better than LeBron.

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2017, 08:07:49 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Insane how little attention Steph Curry is getting.

26.8ppg + 8.0rpg + 9.4apg + 2.2spg on 62% TS%

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2017, 08:07:58 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
MVPs go in winning teams. Period.

Unless your name is Jerry West and its 1969- #NBAlogo for a reason!

38ppg including a Game One 53 point barrage!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2017, 08:12:22 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Durant just had more help. Less responsibility and more energy to do what he does best.

Far and Away? Definitely No. Heck at times It seemed Durant was the best player in the league in this series.

Also your argument is weak, you could also say that because he had more responsibility that he posted better numbers.

Durant was not. He popped in and out of the game. At times taking over. At times letting Steph take over. Or Draymond take over. Sometimes Klay. Durant had the most big moments of the four but he was not as constant throughout games dominating at the level LeBron was.

You mean like how he takes plays off on D? How he settled for jumpers when he couldve driven strong to the hoop? How about when he complains to the refs allowing GS 4v5 fastbreak?

Lebron played great, but you are spitting a bunch of hyperbolic nonsense to fit your narrative (or sourgraping)

I respect Lebron a whole lot more than Durant, esp after he moved to GS, but come on, you cant be serious.  ::)
Oh and another thing, did Lebron not let Kyrie or Love take over at times? If so how the heck did Kyrie averaged what he did? There were a lot of times Cavs got a score off a very good defensive play by the Warriors through sheer Wizardry by Kyrie. Also knowing when to defer and when not to should be a plus factor to a player's greatness, not against.

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2017, 08:15:40 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

You mean like how he takes plays off on D? How he settled for jumpers when he couldve driven strong to the hoop? How about when he complains to the refs allowing GS 4v5 fastbreak?

Lebron played great, but you are spitting a bunch of hyperbolic nonsense to fit your narrative (or sourgraping)

I respect Lebron a whole lot more than Durant, esp after he moved to GS, but come on, you cant be serious.  ::)

Yes I am. LeBron impacted the game and helped his team on far more possessions / more regularly than Durant did. LeBron was clearly the best player on either team.

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2017, 08:18:03 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
The argument could be made if:

1) No one else was close to his numbers
2) They lost a close series

As good as he was, Durant played at the same level, if not better, while also on a winning team in a lopsided series. Its a no brainer.

The series wasn't close. They lost 4-1.

Regarding Lebron, you have to play both ends of the court. Durant torched him, especially in key moments

That's what I said lol

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2017, 08:19:16 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Yes I am. LeBron impacted the game and helped his team on far more possessions / more regularly than Durant did. LeBron was clearly the best player on either team.

Yes but they didnt win

If it went to 6 or 7 possible

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2017, 08:20:41 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Durant played great defense in addition to his incredible offensive display, and was a key rebounder for the Warriors, keeping Thompson off the offensive boards.

Lebron played well, but let's not exaggerate things. Kyrie carried that team in the NBA Finals and the ECFs.

The guy who was a big disappointment for Cleveland was Love though.

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2017, 08:31:02 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
(1) Best player on winning team gets MVP = I get that. I understand that viewpoint.

(2) Best player on winning team gets MVP unless losing team's best players vastly outplays best player on winning -- and in this case, LeBron did not outplay Durant enough to justify that = yeah okay, I mean Durant was awesome in his own right. I get that.

(3) Durant outplayed LeBron = Hell no. Not with you at all.

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2017, 08:43:58 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Gah!  These discussions are one of the main reasons I can't stand LeBron.  LeBron did not deserve regular season MVP.  He didn't deserve Finals MVP.  I don't begrudge LeBron anything he has earned because of his greatness.  I can't stand what people give him because they think he's great.

Mike

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 08:45:33 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Best player on the winning team should get it.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird