Author Topic: Who would you take at 7?  (Read 3676 times)

Re: Who would you take at 7?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 10:20:29 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Doesn’t matter because there’s no way Minnesota trades it to us. One year of AB or IT isn’t even near enough value for a young team that isn’t close to contending yet. The #7 pick is much more valuable to the wolves than a year of IT or AB.

It's a great deal if they have no problem paying Bradley
If they’re willing to pay Bradley they’ll just sign him after this year. He’s unrestricted, and he’s not helping them win anything next year, they’d barely make the playoffs. Makes absolutely no sense to give up that kind of asset for a guy who if you’re willing to pay big bucks, you can just sign him after this year and give up no assets.

It guarantees​ they aquire him. There is absolutely no guarantee he signs there on the open market. They will be able to give him more money than any other potential suiter

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 10:35:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Isaac without a doubt. We need to be drafting for upside and his measurables are insane.

I'm with you, Isaac if he's still there.

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 04:16:43 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Doesn’t matter because there’s no way Minnesota trades it to us. One year of AB or IT isn’t even near enough value for a young team that isn’t close to contending yet. The #7 pick is much more valuable to the wolves than a year of IT or AB.

It's a great deal if they have no problem paying Bradley
If they’re willing to pay Bradley they’ll just sign him after this year. He’s unrestricted, and he’s not helping them win anything next year, they’d barely make the playoffs. Makes absolutely no sense to give up that kind of asset for a guy who if you’re willing to pay big bucks, you can just sign him after this year and give up no assets.

It guarantees​ they aquire him. There is absolutely no guarantee he signs there on the open market. They will be able to give him more money than any other potential suiter
There is no guarantee he resigns with them either. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out it is a stupid move, I’m surprised you can’t see that.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 04:37:43 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Do you think Avery Bradley to Minnesota for the #7 pick is something either side would consider?

I guess Thibs loves Bradley and the Wolves are determined to make the playoffs next season.

If the trade were to go down, who would you take at 7?

I've been thinking about this scenario and I'm torn between Markannen and Jonathan Isaac.

Who is the better prospect?
Isaac, no doubt. Not sure if he will be available at #7 though...

Markannen is the next Kelly. Meh.

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2017, 07:02:25 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Also on board for Isaac if he's available at #7 (I think Orlando takes him at #6).

I would offer Crowder though. A player who brings hustle and defense and on a fantastic contract. That would be a lot more enticing to Minnesota.

It's only a matter of (little) time before Brown surpasses Crowder and we are left with a disgruntled player who will quickly lose his trade value. We often speak of players who are more valuable to us than to others, but with Crowder it's the opposite. He's highly regarded in the league and could actually fedge the Celtics a nice lottery pick.