Author Topic: Rumor: Josh Jackson has a top-3 promise  (Read 40074 times)

Re: Rumor: Josh Jackson has a top-3 promise
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2017, 09:34:53 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Under the influence of alcohol or not, I have absolutely zero interest in anyone who threatens a woman, period, let alone by telling her that he was going to, “beat her ass,” not to mention his failure to leave his contact information after backing into another vehicle, iirc, and to top it all off, he has to attend anger management classes as well as, "refrain from alcohol and recreational drugs for 12 months and write an apology letter," per his diversion agreement stemming from the first "incident," so put me down for ABSOLUTELY NOT.  How many red flags do you need?
More than that for me.

Id love to see Josh Jackson in green. If Fultz didnt exist, I might want him #1.

Could you imagine if Jackson, Brown, Smart, AB was on the floor at the same time?

nice looking defensive 4 right there
unbelievable.

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2017, 09:48:27 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Under the influence of alcohol or not, I have absolutely zero interest in anyone who threatens a woman, period, let alone by telling her that he was going to, “beat her ass,” not to mention his failure to leave his contact information after backing into another vehicle, iirc, and to top it all off, he has to attend anger management classes as well as, "refrain from alcohol and recreational drugs for 12 months and write an apology letter," per his diversion agreement stemming from the first "incident," so put me down for ABSOLUTELY NOT.  How many red flags do you need?
More than that for me.

Id love to see Josh Jackson in green. If Fultz didnt exist, I might want him #1.

Could you imagine if Jackson, Brown, Smart, AB was on the floor at the same time?

Yeah, I've know worse to only become respectable young men. And as some one who has and still and probably always will deal with anger issues, have said dumb things that make me sick to my stomach, to people I love when I was not in control of my emotions. Alcohol REALLY doesn't help. Big reason I usually stay with in two drinks in 4 hours. My biggest fear is saying some thing dumb to my daughter, and always say if it ever gets that bad again, I'll break my hand punching the wall then doing harm to my kid physically or emotionally.

But I've had help, he's getting help, hopefully it sticks. But the biggest thing that makes people fail are people who throw them away for a hand full of issues. If I didn't have a good support system, I'd either be friendless, jobless, who knows, jail.

And having a line up of Smart,AB,Brown,Jackson....Oh thats nice. 

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2017, 09:52:09 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
More than that for me.

Did you miss the entire 16-17 season? Brown has all the physical tools, but no one that watched him this year would consider him a good defensive player. In fact, with the way he misses assignments, rotations, and gets stuck on screens, at this stage in his career it wouldn't be a stretch to call a below average defender.

Doesn't mean he can't be elite on D down the road, but he's definitely not there yet. Not even close.

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2017, 09:54:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
More than that for me.

Yeah, I've know worse to only become respectable young men. And as some one who has and still and probably always will deal with anger issues, have said dumb things that make me sick to my stomach, to people I love when I was not in control of my emotions. Alcohol REALLY doesn't help. Big reason I usually stay with in two drinks in 4 hours. My biggest fear is saying some thing dumb to my daughter, and always say if it ever gets that bad again, I'll break my hand punching the wall then doing harm to my kid physically or emotionally.

But I've had help, he's getting help, hopefully it sticks. But the biggest thing that makes people fail are people who throw them away for a hand full of issues. If I didn't have a good support system, I'd either be friendless, jobless, who knows, jail.

And having a line up of Smart,AB,Brown,Jackson....Oh thats nice.

glad you are coping with this...

life is a constant struggle. keep fighting 👊

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2017, 09:57:14 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I'd legitimately love it if the Lakers pass on Lonzo.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2017, 09:58:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
More than that for me.

Did you miss the entire 16-17 season? Brown has all the physical tools, but no one that watched him this year would consider him a good defensive player. In fact, with the way he misses assignments, rotations, and gets stuck on screens, at this stage in his career it wouldn't be a stretch to call a below average defender.

Doesn't mean he can't be elite on D down the road, but he's definitely not there yet. Not even close.

who you described is James Young. who barely got a lick of playing time

Brown made "rookie" mistakes. But his mistakes lessen the more min he played.... he played some important mins in the playoffs.  CBS wouldn't play him these crucial mins if he was "lost" out there

He has the physical tools, focus, intensity to make up for mistakes.  He will only get better. He has a great work ethic. Told Danny he is really to play in SL

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2017, 10:02:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'd legitimately love it if the Lakers pass on Lonzo.

what about Lavar 😂

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2017, 10:03:23 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
More than that for me.

Brown made "rookie" mistakes. But his mistakes lessen the more min he played.... he played some important mins in the playoffs.  CBS wouldn't play him these crucial mins if he was "lost" out there

He has the physical tools, focus, intensity to make up for mistakes.  He will only get better. He has a great work ethic. Told Danny he is really to play in SL

Again, he has the physical tools, but he's not a good defensive player yet. He was in Stevens' doghouse during the Bulls series because of it and as a result averaged 5.8 mpg during that series, which also included an DNPCD.

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2017, 10:06:05 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
More than that for me.

Again, he has the physical tools, but he's not a good defensive player yet. He was in Stevens' doghouse during the Bulls series because of it and as a result averaged 5.8 mpg during that series, which also included an DNPCD.
Brown did improve from college and he improved throughout the regular season and continued to do so in the playoffs. I expect continued improvement from him. Very few rookies are able to come in and be good team defenders right away. I could see him being a good defender as early as next year and the larger note with that team would be the switchability.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2017, 10:08:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Do you know why Jackson wasn't charged with criminal threatening?

Because two of the victim's friends - including her roommate - gave statements, and neither reported any threats. The only person who did is the victim, who moments earlier had assaulted Jackson's friend.  Even the victim's own witnesses don't corroborate her story.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2017, 10:10:37 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
More than that for me.

Brown did improve from college and he improved throughout the regular season and continued to do so in the playoffs. I expect continued improvement from him. Very few rookies are able to come in and be good team defenders right away. I could see him being a good defender as early as next year and the larger note with that team would be the switchability.

I wouldn't be shocked if he became a good defender next season, but at this point he's not. Especially off the ball. So I'd have to disagree with including him in this "can you image this team on defense" talk. It would be much more appropriate if that 5 consisted of Crowder-Jackson-Horford-Smart-Bradley.

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2017, 10:40:34 PM »

Offline Bostonborn62

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Hustle like Cowens or have a seat
                                                  Ball is gonna Fall.

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2017, 11:00:39 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Because two of the victim's friends - including her roommate - gave statements, and neither reported any threats. The only person who did is the victim, who moments earlier had assaulted Jackson's friend.  Even the victim's own witnesses don't corroborate her story.

Calvert said Jackson “was yelling for her to get out of the car and that he would beat her ass.” According to the Lawrence Journal-World, “That allegation is not made by two other witnesses that are included in the affidavit, although it isn't clear whether they were specifically asked about that part of the incident.”

http://kansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Released-affidavit-lends-clarity-to-Josh-Jackson-incident-51806711

That's some friend that Jackson's got there, btw (sarcasm), "Vick was found by a University of Kansas investigation in January 2016 to have more than likely hit Calvert several times in the arm and kicked her in the face in December 2015."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/ku-basketball-news/article138906253.html

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article129703974.html

Does it at least bother you that Jackson, Vick, and Frank Mason III were listed as witnesses in the police report regarding the "alleged rape of a 16 year old at McCarthy Hall?" :o

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article128646254.html

Oh yeah, these guys are the kind of high character individuals that Ainge is looking for (sarcasm). ::)

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2017, 11:07:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Calvert said Jackson “was yelling for her to get out of the car and that he would beat her ass.” According to the Lawrence Journal-World, “That allegation is not made by two other witnesses that are included in the affidavit, although it isn't clear whether they were specifically asked about that part of the incident.”

http://kansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Released-affidavit-lends-clarity-to-Josh-Jackson-incident-51806711

That's some friend that Jackson's got there, btw (sarcasm), "Vick was found by a University of Kansas investigation in January 2016 to have more than likely hit Calvert several times in the arm and kicked her in the face in December 2015."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/ku-basketball-news/article138906253.html

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article129703974.html

Does it at least bother you that Jackson, Vick, and Frank Mason III were listed as witnesses in the police report regarding the "alleged rape of a 16 year old at McCarthy Hall?" :o

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article128646254.html

Oh yeah, these guys are the kind of high character individuals that Ainge is looking for (sarcasm). ::)

There was a police investigation. There was proof of one crime: vandalism. There was no threat, there was no assault. Neutral witnesses never mentioned this.

Why the rush to convict somebody without actual credible evidence?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2017, 11:20:43 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Quote from: Sketch5 date=1497310842
. Jackson is suppose to have a work out with Bos, lets see if he cancels that.

link?

I saw it some where on here, and herd it on one of the sport show, don't ask which one, they tend to blur. It could even have been they are trying for one, but I swear that had one locked in at some point.

There's your answer:

High lottery pick Josh Jackson canceled today's workout with the Boston Celtics, source told me and @MarcJSpearsESPN.

https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/status/874464847303516161
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers