Author Topic: Rumor: Josh Jackson has a top-3 promise  (Read 40077 times)

Re: Rumor: Josh Jackson has a top-3 promise
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2017, 08:28:56 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Josh Jackson definitely looks like the 2nd best pick in the draft so it wouldn't surprise me at all. All the noise has come from Ball's camp not from LA so it shouldn't be a shock if they pass on him. Means we may well see him in Philly...

Could that mean hilly throw everything at us to trade down? Saric, Lakers 18, Phi 19, Sac 19, Holmes for #1 and filler?

Why? Ball is a great fit for Philly. They desperately need a PG.
Yeah Ball in Philly seems ideal.

Two brilliant passers in Simmons and Ball, but for a brilliant floor general, the ball really doesnt stick in Balls hands.

Also, provided Embiid stays healthy, Philly would have the rim protection to make up for Balls putrid 1 v. 1 defense.

it is ideal...but don't forget already Colangelo has stated how much of a pain in the azz Lavar has been without mentioning his name

If Ball drops past the 76ers... i think he will drop hard
he is so talented tho.

I cant imagine he drops far.

Its a strange world we live in when someone is considered much more of a risk because their dad is overbearing than someone else who admitted in court to attacking a woman and vandalizing her car.

I don't know all the facts, but I think he admitted to yelling at a woman and kicking a car after she threw a drink on her teammate. That, in and of itself, doesn't concern me that much.

Some of the other alleged backstory makes the context worse, but in terms of what he actually plead to, I don't think it's fair to say he "attacked a woman".

Verbally or physically, it is still an attack.

I'm not saying don't draft Jackson, I would totally draft him over Ball, I just find it strange that such an incident that in the past would kill a player's draft position, is overshadowed by an overbearing father.

Well, there's a huge difference between "he attacked a woman" and "he yelled at a woman after she threw a drink on his friend", though.

If a woman threw a drink on my friend, I'd probably yell at her, too. I don't see that as inappropriate behavior. It's the next step of vandalism that is more concerning.

I agree that criminal behavior in general should be weighed more heavily than eccentric family members, but there is about an 100% chance of Lavar being a distraction, and hopefully a much smaller chance of Jackson having further legal issues.

If it was as simple as "yelling at a woman" he wouldn't have ended up in court pleading guilty. He threatened to beat her physically , and he smashed her car. That's pretty worrisome behavior for most people.

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2017, 08:31:10 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Jackson is the best fit for us if Ainge decides to run it back with this team.   I don't think he will do that.   But Jackson can play PF in a small ball lineup.    I think drafting Fultz predicates other moves, which is not necessarily a bad thing.   We need to get better.

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2017, 08:40:34 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Josh Jackson definitely looks like the 2nd best pick in the draft so it wouldn't surprise me at all. All the noise has come from Ball's camp not from LA so it shouldn't be a shock if they pass on him. Means we may well see him in Philly...

Could that mean hilly throw everything at us to trade down? Saric, Lakers 18, Phi 19, Sac 19, Holmes for #1 and filler?

Two brilliant passers in Simmons and Ball, but for a brilliant floor general, the ball really doesnt stick in Balls hands.

Also, provided Embiid stays healthy, Philly would have the rim protection to make up for Balls putrid 1 v. 1 defense.

it is ideal...but don't forget already Colangelo has stated how much of a pain in the azz Lavar has been without mentioning his name

he is so talented tho.

Its a strange world we live in when someone is considered much more of a risk because their dad is overbearing than someone else who admitted in court to attacking a woman and vandalizing her car.

I don't know all the facts, but I think he admitted to yelling at a woman and kicking a car after she threw a drink on her teammate. That, in and of itself, doesn't concern me that much.

Some of the other alleged backstory makes the context worse, but in terms of what he actually plead to, I don't think it's fair to say he "attacked a woman".

I'm not saying don't draft Jackson, I would totally draft him over Ball, I just find it strange that such an incident that in the past would kill a player's draft position, is overshadowed by an overbearing father.

Well, there's a huge difference between "he attacked a woman" and "he yelled at a woman after she threw a drink on his friend", though.

If a woman threw a drink on my friend, I'd probably yell at her, too. I don't see that as inappropriate behavior. It's the next step of vandalism that is more concerning.

I agree that criminal behavior in general should be weighed more heavily than eccentric family members, but there is about an 100% chance of Lavar being a distraction, and hopefully a much smaller chance of Jackson having further legal issues.

I agree with this. Yelling at a woman at a party because she threw a drink on his friend is not a huge deal. The car thing, while a bigger deal, still not huge.

I've used this on here before with the Jackson argument. New a kid in highschool, scum of the earth, fights every week it seemed. Few years after Hichschool he came into the store I was managing and he was building houses with his dad, had a wife, two young kids. He would go to Haiti for a couple months in the winter to build houses for the needy. And then take a couple guys and have them work for him over the summer so they could send money home because of the lack of work were they lived.

Some times when you're young, you do dumb things. Some times you're just not a good kid. But I've also known a couple other guys who weren't the best of people when they were younger and came across them years later, and they are the best of people.

Jackson did a couple dumb things. It's not like there is a history of issues. I mean, KG was talking with PP about when they were kids and KG would visit PP, and they'd take a cab and bail on the fare. Those guys turned out to be pretty decent pros on and off the court.

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2017, 08:42:40 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

he is so talented tho.

If it was as simple as "yelling at a woman" he wouldn't have ended up in court pleading guilty. He threatened to beat her physically , and he smashed her car. That's pretty worrisome behavior for most people.

He wasn't charged with threatening, and that wasn't part of his plea statement, though.

He did smash her car. That's criminal. He was also drinking, and she had just assaulted his friend. At least at the moment, she was the initial aggressor, and acted criminally herself.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2017, 08:45:53 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

If the Lakers did pass.  No way he gets past the Sun's at four.
I could see the Suns passing on him.  they have Bledsoe already.  they took a flyer on Bender and may take a flyer on another high risk/high reward player that fills a more pressing need.

should that happen, I do see the Kings snagging him at 5 though

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2017, 08:50:38 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen

he is so talented tho.

How many times has some one said they're were going to beat some one and didn't actually mean there were going to? YES dumb thing to say, if he had a history of woman abuse, or actually did it, then there would be concern.

I had a friend who dated a crazy woman in college. After the break up she came at him, he told her to get out of his face before he knocked her out. He's never done anything to his current wife, and never seen him act anything close to how he was toward "crazy" to his wife or daughter. But she was nuts, phyco, and it was in the heat of a moment.

Pleading guilty isn't necessarily as bad as it sounds. Sometimes the punishment is less than if he pleaded not guilty, but was founded guilty. Plus with the tourney and up coming draft they probably wanted to get it behind them and move it as quick as possible. I mean he did those things, he took it on the chin.

And if was an issue, we wouldn't see, Bos/LA wanting work outs, or him being in the top 5. Out side the Kings, image is a big deal to these teams.

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2017, 08:51:43 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
He seems like a good fit in Philly as well.

Not sure why so many people question Fultz as the top pick. If we had the second or third pick there would be a million posts about trading up to get him!

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2017, 09:05:07 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
This is the kind of rumor I would spread if I didn't want Ball but knew another team in the top 8 did.

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2017, 09:11:37 PM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things

If the Lakers did pass.  No way he gets past the Sun's at four.
I could see the Suns passing on him.  they have Bledsoe already.  they took a flyer on Bender and may take a flyer on another high risk/high reward player that fills a more pressing need.

should that happen, I do see the Kings snagging him at 5 though

Agreed - 5 is his floor.  Ball and sactown may actually be a great fit. California boy stays home - they will get a ton of press for that and for Lavar and hey if Ball is transcendent like many talking heads think (I think they are dead wrong but the kid does have an uncanny knack for passing), perhaps sactown becomes a place where scorers want to play.  Could actually be a perfect marriage. Plus the Ball fam working to make the lakers forever look stupid for passing on lonzo would be a lot of fun.

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2017, 09:19:53 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 373
The potential "Lonzo is falling" storyline on draft night would be some intriguing drama.
It would be amazing. How far would Lonzo fall if the Lakers don't draft him? I know a lot of people are really high on him but the Balls have been so vocal about wanting to go to the Lakers for so long. That's got to make other teams a little uneasy about drafting him.

The Lakers never suggested that the obsession of Ball with their team was mutual though. Ball and his dad don't decide where he goes, and the Lakers have no obligation to take him because he's a Lakers fan. They didn't draft Pierce when he was a Lakers fan either. They will do what they think is best for their franchise, and they already have an all-star caliber prospect at PG. They have nobody with length and athleticism that can handle the ball, create shots, and guard multiple positions like Jackson can do though.
Ya, maybe because he was long gone by the time their first selection came up.  ;)

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2017, 09:24:58 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Under the influence of alcohol or not, I have absolutely zero interest in anyone who threatens a woman, period, let alone by telling her that he was going to, “beat her ass,” not to mention his failure to leave his contact information after backing into another vehicle, iirc, and to top it all off, he has to attend anger management classes as well as, "refrain from alcohol and recreational drugs for 12 months and write an apology letter," per his diversion agreement stemming from the first "incident," so put me down for ABSOLUTELY NOT.  How many red flags do you need?

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2017, 09:27:00 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Under the influence of alcohol or not, I have absolutely zero interest in anyone who threatens a woman, period, let alone by telling her that he was going to, “beat her ass,” not to mention his failure to leave his contact information after backing into another vehicle, iirc, and to top it all off, he has to attend anger management classes as well as, "refrain from alcohol and recreational drugs for 12 months and write an apology letter," per his diversion agreement stemming from the first "incident," so put me down for ABSOLUTELY NOT.  How many red flags do you need?
More than that for me.

Id love to see Josh Jackson in green. If Fultz didnt exist, I might want him #1.

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2017, 09:29:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Quote from: Sketch5 date=1497310842
. Jackson is suppose to have a work out with Bos, lets see if he cancels that.

link?

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2017, 09:32:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
More than that for me.

Id love to see Josh Jackson in green. If Fultz didnt exist, I might want him #1.

Could you imagine if Jackson, Brown, Smart, AB was on the floor at the same time?

nice looking defensive 4 right there

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2017, 09:33:34 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
Quote from: Sketch5 date=1497310842
. Jackson is suppose to have a work out with Bos, lets see if he cancels that.

link?

I saw it some where on here, and herd it on one of the sport show, don't ask which one, they tend to blur. It could even have been they are trying for one, but I swear that had one locked in at some point.