Author Topic: Rumor: Josh Jackson has a top-3 promise  (Read 40065 times)

Re: Rumor: Josh Jackson has a top-3 promise
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2017, 11:01:40 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I can't believe two of the top 3 picks don't want to work out for the team with the top pick.

This is a terrible move by Jackson's agent imo.

Jackson's agent is prioritizing playing time over, draft pick compensation, prestige, and a winning atmosphere. Sure playing immediately will get Jackson more immediate endorsement deals, but developing him slowly like the C's did with Jaylen will make him the better player long term.

Agents seem to want their players to be handed minutes immediately without earning them, and I do not believe that this is the best for a player (as well as his long term earnings)
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2017, 11:10:49 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
If we strike out on Hayward and we do something stupid like trading the #1 pick, Josh is the guy I want...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2017, 11:11:35 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Couple of thoughts

If Ball is available at #3 do the 76ers auction off the pick and use that to jump start the process?
They need a PG.  they likely take Ball without thinking twice.  unlikely they take Fox or Tatum but Tatum's a possibility - could use a real upgrade at SF

Do the suns offer #4 and Bledsoe for #3 and Okafor?
that'd be foolish for the Suns.  they have a proven PG in Bledsoe and a lot of other holes.  If Philly takes Tatum, Suns get Ball.  if Philly takes Ball, Suns get Tatum or trade the pick to move down a couple of slots to still get Isaac or someone else they like.

Do the Kings offer #5 and #10 for Ball? Then 76ers draft Monk at #5 and Mitchell of Nitilinka at #10. Giving them a nice fit in the back-court next to their current pieces.
Kings are run poorly but that front office has to know that team needs a lot of talent infusion so 2 picks in the top 10 would seem to be the better bet than going after Ball at 3.

Do the Cs shock everyone and trade down from #1 for Ball and Saric? (can you say drama)
hell no.  they take Fultz because he's likely to be a stud.  Ball is likely to bring headaches and Saric isn't enough to justify that drop in talent and increase in drama.

CRAZY Conspiracy theory (for fun not to be taken seriously)...

DA likes Jackson over Fultz, avoids working out Jackson and leaks that he wont workout for Celtics.
DA trades #1 for #5+#10+WCS and a future protected 1st
Then trades Jae and #10 to Suns (his former assistant is GM) for the #4 pick.
Fultz goes #1 to Kings, LAL take Ball #2, 76ers are scared off by lack of Jackson workout and take Smith Jr or Fox.
Cs take Jackson at #4 and Isaac at #5
can't see Sixers passing on both Tatum and Jackson for either Smith or Fox.  they need a better SF than they currently have --> projecting Simmons to move to PF based on his size and that PF isn't normally a position requiring long distance shooting.

if they did and Jackson was at 4, I'd wonder if it's be worth the C's taking Jackson and Tatum as their future forward pairing allowing Brown to slide in at SG eventually.  Not completely confident of Isaac to move him ahead of Tatum at this point. 

Also these proposals ignore the issue of the C's needing more top-end talent rather than depth of talent at this point.  Keeping the pick for Fultz makes the most sense going forward.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:09:16 PM by slamtheking »

« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2017, 11:40:26 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Wow, Lonzo might not end up on the Lakers. Draft night is going to be a must watch!

All cameras on lavars face

He might go histerical
Yes, please.

With the 2nd pick...Lakers pick.... Josh Jackson

Lavar goes off, yelling, hugging his son. Wears a lakers hat ,he brought from home...

...then takes the stage with Adam Silver and begins giving a speech about being better than Jordan while Josh Jackson is totally confused and Lonzo looks on in horror and embarrassment.

« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2017, 11:56:12 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Wow, Lonzo might not end up on the Lakers. Draft night is going to be a must watch!

He might go histerical
Yes, please.

Lavar goes off, yelling, hugging his son. Wears a lakers hat ,he brought from home...

...then takes the stage with Adam Silver and begins giving a speech about being better than Jordan while Josh Jackson is totally confused and Lonzo looks on in horror and embarrassment.

Lolll

Also what happens to Lonzo shoes? The colors already set to match , lakers colors

Please lakers skip on Ball....

« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2017, 12:01:46 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Josh Jackson canceled his scheduled workout with the Celtics on Monday.

jeff goodman

sorry didnt see it was already posted on this thread

« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2017, 12:08:01 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
This is my somewhat fearless prediction, after reading the tea leaves:

1.  The promise Josh Jackson received is from the Cs

2.  Cs draft Fultz #1, then ship IT and Zeller to the Lakers for #2 and Mosgoz

We get to keep #1,  AND we get #2 and a big for IT

« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2017, 12:13:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
This is my somewhat fearless prediction, after reading the tea leaves:

1.  The promise Josh Jackson received is from the Cs

2.  Cs draft Fultz #1, then ship IT and Zeller to the Lakers for #2 and Mosgoz

We get to keep #1,  AND we get #2 and a big for IT

Makes no sense Jackson received a promise from Danny , without a workout or two

« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2017, 12:14:01 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

He might go histerical
Yes, please.

Lolll

Also what happens to Lonzo shoes? The colors already set to match , lakers colors

Lakers colors--reminds me of Jack Nicholson, Lakers fan, wearing purple as the Joker in Batman movie.

This kid Jackson looks like a skinny 3 to me. He needs to fill out some before he can play at NBA level. Nothing lost here.

The best looking kid to me among the top 4 or 5 is Fultz. Expect a lot of fake news in the next week before the draft, some of it created by agents.

« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2017, 12:25:10 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

He might go histerical
Yes, please.

Lolll

Lakers colors--reminds me of Jack Nicholson, Lakers fan, wearing purple as the Joker in Batman movie.

This kid Jackson looks like a skinny 3 to me. He needs to fill out some before he can play at NBA level. Nothing lost here.

The best looking kid to me among the top 4 or 5 is Fultz. Expect a lot of fake news in the next week before the draft, some of it created by agents.

I dont think Jackson is going to get much bigger.  He's been about the same size for a few years now.  That said, he's wiry strong.  Strength won't be a problem at the 3, but will be against some 4's.

And I agree that there is a wide gap between Fultz and everyone else.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:40:33 PM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2017, 12:47:17 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
If Jackson has a promise at 2 or 3, what is the logic behind skipping the workout with #1?

« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2017, 12:50:33 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
If Jackson has a promise at 2 or 3, what is the logic behind skipping the workout with #1?

Could be any number of things. It could be something personal, like a desire to live in LA, or maybe he wants to go somewhere where he can play a big role.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2017, 12:52:39 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be

Injury risk. 

Doing something stupid in that workout that might cause the promise team to question things.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2017, 12:58:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Could be any number of things. It could be something personal, like a desire to live in LA, or maybe he wants to go somewhere where he can play a big role.

Ball, Jackson no diff

How could they not want to play for the Celtics... Foolish

« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2017, 01:02:06 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

Injury risk. 

Doing something stupid in that workout that might cause the promise team to question things.
But you could use that logic to cancel every workout.  Also, a top-3 promise to Jackson isn't much of a promise.  He's universally held as the 2nd or 3rd best player.

It feels to me like he has a promise from LA and he prefers to play there.