Author Topic: Rumor: Josh Jackson has a top-3 promise  (Read 40082 times)

Re: Rumor: Josh Jackson has a top-3 promise
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2017, 09:07:52 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Lakers still planning to workout fox and meet with fultz...yet gave a promise to jackson?

Sure.  They don't have the number one pick. If Jackson is their guy and we take him first, they need to have scouted out the other options.  This could also be a bit of gamesmanship by the lakers. Jackson could be their number two guy behind fultz, but by promising Jackson he cancels his workout with us and perhaps have us have some wonder or doubt - or simply don't get to ever meet with him which we know Danny likes to do for down the road.

True. Play mind game with the celtics

Danny should have brought in jackson earlier.

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2017, 09:21:29 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lakers still planning to workout fox and meet with fultz...yet gave a promise to jackson?

Sure.  They don't have the number one pick. If Jackson is their guy and we take him first, they need to have scouted out the other options.  This could also be a bit of gamesmanship by the lakers. Jackson could be their number two guy behind fultz, but by promising Jackson he cancels his workout with us and perhaps have us have some wonder or doubt - or simply don't get to ever meet with him which we know Danny likes to do for down the road.

Danny intimated that he's seeking an end of game scorer,so I don't think he's particularly interested in Jackson at this point.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2017, 09:24:07 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Steve Kyler: I saw reports of Jackson having a promise – if he has one it’s not the Lakers, they have been adamant they have promised nothing to anyone

« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2017, 09:25:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Danny intimated that he's seeking an end of game scorer,so I don't think he's particularly interested in Jackson at this point.

Already have IT4

« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2017, 09:26:17 AM »

Offline Section301

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • Yum
Under the influence of alcohol or not, I have absolutely zero interest in anyone who threatens a woman, period, let alone by telling her that he was going to, “beat her ass,” not to mention his failure to leave his contact information after backing into another vehicle, iirc, and to top it all off, he has to attend anger management classes as well as, "refrain from alcohol and recreational drugs for 12 months and write an apology letter," per his diversion agreement stemming from the first "incident," so put me down for ABSOLUTELY NOT.  How many red flags do you need?

Do you know why Jackson wasn't charged with criminal threatening?

Because two of the victim's friends - including her roommate - gave statements, and neither reported any threats. The only person who did is the victim, who moments earlier had assaulted Jackson's friend.  Even the victim's own witnesses don't corroborate her story.

Calvert said Jackson “was yelling for her to get out of the car and that he would beat her ass.” According to the Lawrence Journal-World, “That allegation is not made by two other witnesses that are included in the affidavit, although it isn't clear whether they were specifically asked about that part of the incident.”

http://kansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Released-affidavit-lends-clarity-to-Josh-Jackson-incident-51806711

That's some friend that Jackson's got there, btw (sarcasm), "Vick was found by a University of Kansas investigation in January 2016 to have more than likely hit Calvert several times in the arm and kicked her in the face in December 2015."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/ku-basketball-news/article138906253.html

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article129703974.html

Does it at least bother you that Jackson, Vick, and Frank Mason III were listed as witnesses in the police report regarding the "alleged rape of a 16 year old at McCarthy Hall?" :o

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article128646254.html

Oh yeah, these guys are the kind of high character individuals that Ainge is looking for (sarcasm). ::)

There was a police investigation. There was proof of one crime: vandalism. There was no threat, there was no assault. Neutral witnesses never mentioned this.

Why the rush to convict somebody without actual credible evidence?

Why, then, has Jackson been ordered to attend anger management classes, write a letter of apology, and, "refrain from using alcohol or recreational drugs for a year," per his diversion agreement, if none of what you described actually happened?  Plus, we don't even know if the "neutral witnesses" were asked about the threat and assault specifically in regards to the affidavit, and I'm not rushing to convict the guy at all - his record speaks for itself. 

Sorry, I just can't sign off on Jackson, ethically, and I hope that Ainge feels the same way.
So you're just not a fan of players who beat women or do stupid things under the influence of alcohol.  I can understand that.  With such a vehement opposition to such behavior, I assume you also don't care for:
- Robert Parish, who beat his wife over the course of a many years
- Larry Bird, who got into a bar fight during the '85 playoffs

As long as you're consistent, that's cool.  If not...you may want to consider ratcheting down your righteous indignation over Jackson's behavior. 
Good food, like good music and good love, always requires a little sweat in the making in order for it to be truly memorable.

« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2017, 09:38:30 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Guys Jackson is young and imnature

He shouldnt have said what he said .. but seems like it was  "in the heat of the moment" ... No excuse but just talk

We can conclude also he will backup his friends. But he has to understand there is a limit as to how far he can take things...

He will learn...hopefully

« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2017, 09:38:36 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I believe Jackson would be the right pick for us if Fultz were not available. But Fultz is the guy due to his ability to score-create in multiple ways. Just too good to pass up.

Jackson will be a heck of a good player though and Stevens would love coaching him. BBIQ off the charts.

« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2017, 09:43:59 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things

Ainge has also been known to say lots of different things causing misdirection.  Though I agree with you that fultz is the guy.

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2017, 09:57:05 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I hope it is from LA that would make the draft interesting!

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2017, 10:13:48 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Couple of thoughts

If Ball is available at #3 do the 76ers auction off the pick and use that to jump start the process?

Do the suns offer #4 and Bledsoe for #3 and Okafor?

Do the Kings offer #5 and #10 for Ball? Then 76ers draft Monk at #5 and Mitchell of Nitilinka at #10. Giving them a nice fit in the back-court next to their current pieces.

Do the Cs shock everyone and trade down from #1 for Ball and Saric? (can you say drama)

CRAZY Conspiracy theory (for fun not to be taken seriously)...

DA likes Jackson over Fultz, avoids working out Jackson and leaks that he wont workout for Celtics.

DA trades #1 for #5+#10+WCS and a future protected 1st

Then trades Jae and #10 to Suns (his former assistant is GM) for the #4 pick.

Fultz goes #1 to Kings, LAL take Ball #2, 76ers are scared off by lack of Jackson workout and take Smith Jr or Fox.

Cs take Jackson at #4 and Isaac at #5

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:19:02 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2017, 10:17:55 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Couple of thoughts

If Ball is available at #3 do the 76ers auction off the pick and use that to jump start the process?

Do the suns offer #4 and Bledsoe for #3 and Okafor?

Do the Kings offer #5 and #10 for Ball? Then 76ers draft Monk at #5 and Mitchell of Nitilinka at #10. Giving them a nice fit in the back-court next to their current pieces.

Do the Cs shock everyone and trade down from #1 for Ball and Saric? (can you say drama)

If Danny was hoping Jackson was available at #3... Then make the trade to get extra

Well this jackson rumor/workout cancellation has spoiled the party

« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2017, 10:20:19 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Wow, Lonzo might not end up on the Lakers. Draft night is going to be a must watch!

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2017, 10:24:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Wow, Lonzo might not end up on the Lakers. Draft night is going to be a must watch!

All cameras on lavars face

He might go histerical

« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2017, 10:31:38 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736

He might go histerical
Yes, please.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

He might go histerical
Yes, please.

With the 2nd pick...Lakers pick.... Josh Jackson

Lavar goes off, yelling, hugging his son. Wears a lakers hat ,he brought from home...