Author Topic: Rumor: Josh Jackson has a top-3 promise  (Read 40072 times)

Re: Rumor: Josh Jackson has a top-3 promise
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 07:00:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Josh Jackson definitely looks like the 2nd best pick in the draft so it wouldn't surprise me at all. All the noise has come from Ball's camp not from LA so it shouldn't be a shock if they pass on him. Means we may well see him in Philly...

Could that mean hilly throw everything at us to trade down? Saric, Lakers 18, Phi 19, Sac 19, Holmes for #1 and filler?

Why? Ball is a great fit for Philly. They desperately need a PG.
Yeah Ball in Philly seems ideal.

Two brilliant passers in Simmons and Ball, but for a brilliant floor general, the ball really doesnt stick in Balls hands.

Also, provided Embiid stays healthy, Philly would have the rim protection to make up for Balls putrid 1 v. 1 defense.

it is ideal...but don't forget already Colangelo has stated how much of a pain in the azz Lavar has been without mentioning his name

If Ball drops past the 76ers... i think he will drop hard

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 07:06:09 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Josh Jackson definitely looks like the 2nd best pick in the draft so it wouldn't surprise me at all. All the noise has come from Ball's camp not from LA so it shouldn't be a shock if they pass on him. Means we may well see him in Philly...

Could that mean hilly throw everything at us to trade down? Saric, Lakers 18, Phi 19, Sac 19, Holmes for #1 and filler?

Two brilliant passers in Simmons and Ball, but for a brilliant floor general, the ball really doesnt stick in Balls hands.

Also, provided Embiid stays healthy, Philly would have the rim protection to make up for Balls putrid 1 v. 1 defense.

it is ideal...but don't forget already Colangelo has stated how much of a pain in the azz Lavar has been without mentioning his name

he is so talented tho.

I cant imagine he drops far.

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2017, 07:10:41 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
If the Lakers don't draft him,  it would literally mean that they "Dropped the Ball"!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2017, 07:11:08 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Jackson and Ingram makes a scary duo. Sucks that it's the Lakers but for the sake of the NBA I want to see that happen.

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 07:12:02 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Jackson and Ingram makes a scary duo. Sucks that it's the Lakers but for the sake of the NBA I want to see that happen.
Russell Jackson Ingram is a nice core.

Randle and Nance and Clarkson are also nice roleplayers.

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2017, 07:22:43 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
If the Lakers don't draft him,  it would literally mean that they "Dropped the Ball"!
There, fixed it for ya'   ;)

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 07:25:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

he is so talented tho.

Its a strange world we live in when someone is considered much more of a risk because their dad is overbearing than someone else who admitted in court to attacking a woman and vandalizing her car.

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 07:25:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Russell Jackson Ingram is a nice core.

Randle and Nance and Clarkson are also nice roleplayers.
randle has a low bbiq. Lol. Laker fans hate him

Ingram has low efficiency and Jackson plays the same position

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 07:30:44 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
DA was suppose to be in LA around the time JAckson was working out for the Lakers. Teams seem to gather for some players, not sure if they do it at other teams facilities, but it wouldn't surprise me if DA was at that work out and gave Jackson the promise.

I know every one is in aw with Fultz, but he's not locked down to be great. Jackson is more up DA and Stevens alley.

And now that Fultz is rumored to be asked to work out for the Lakers, I wouldn't be surprised if DA took Jackson at #1 or trade for the #3 pick.

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 07:33:01 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

he is so talented tho.

Its a strange world we live in when someone is considered much more of a risk because their dad is overbearing than someone else who admitted in court to attacking a woman and vandalizing her car.
I think if Ball drops it will be because of concerns over his ability to create his own shot and to defend.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 07:38:00 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I was told not to believe anything about the draft around this time.

I don't buy it.  I'd be willing to bet 100  TPs that the Lakers draft Lonzo Ball.

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2017, 08:06:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

he is so talented tho.

I don't know all the facts, but I think he admitted to yelling at a woman and kicking a car after she threw a drink on her teammate. That, in and of itself, doesn't concern me that much.

Some of the other alleged backstory makes the context worse, but in terms of what he actually plead to, I don't think it's fair to say he "attacked a woman".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 08:10:39 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

he is so talented tho.

I don't know all the facts, but I think he admitted to yelling at a woman and kicking a car after she threw a drink on her teammate. That, in and of itself, doesn't concern me that much.

Some of the other alleged backstory makes the context worse, but in terms of what he actually plead to, I don't think it's fair to say he "attacked a woman".

Verbally or physically, it is still an attack.

I'm not saying don't draft Jackson, I would totally draft him over Ball, I just find it strange that such an incident that in the past would kill a player's draft position, is overshadowed by an overbearing father.

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2017, 08:19:50 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If the Lakers did pass.  No way he gets past the Sun's at four.

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2017, 08:21:18 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

he is so talented tho.

Verbally or physically, it is still an attack.

I'm not saying don't draft Jackson, I would totally draft him over Ball, I just find it strange that such an incident that in the past would kill a player's draft position, is overshadowed by an overbearing father.

Well, there's a huge difference between "he attacked a woman" and "he yelled at a woman after she threw a drink on his friend", though.

If a woman threw a drink on my friend, I'd probably yell at her, too. I don't see that as inappropriate behavior. It's the next step of vandalism that is more concerning.

I agree that criminal behavior in general should be weighed more heavily than eccentric family members, but there is about an 100% chance of Lavar being a distraction, and hopefully a much smaller chance of Jackson having further legal issues.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes