Author Topic: Another AB trade idea  (Read 1562 times)

Another AB trade idea
« on: June 12, 2017, 09:16:19 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Just a quick thought if Cs take Fultz #1 do the Cs entertain trading AB for #12 and drafting OG Anunoby (if his knee checks out)?

OG will take time to develop but if healthy he could be a generational talent on defense. His size, length, athleticism and instincts could make him the best wing defender in the league. Projecting to the future he could be a Draymond Green like Forward on defense and give his team unbelievable versatility. His ceiling on offense is probably comparably to Crowders.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Another AB trade idea
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 09:18:24 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I'm against trading AB because I think he's the perfect player to have next to Fultz while he is figuring things out.

Oh and AB is just flat out a great player.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 09:22:19 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
there's only 2 things to trade AB for:
1) a better player
2) future picks for the purpose of clearing cap space this offseason to sign a better player.

This proposal accomplishes neither.  it also adds a crap-shoot rookie when we really need to be adding better, proven players if we're trading away proven talent.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 09:40:49 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I'm against trading AB because I think he's the perfect player to have next to Fultz while he is figuring things out.

I agree however the Cs will be in a cap and roster crunch. Someone needs to go out of IT, AB, and Smart. I keep Smart based on youth and the likely hood that he will required a more palatable contract. I would prefer to move IT but understand that this would be a PR nightmare and wouldn't resonate well with future and past FA ( I think Horford would be p---ed). That leaves me with AB. I agree AB is a great player but with Fultz Smart and Brown pushing for minutes at the SG something has to give. I stand by my disire to land Isaac in an AB draft but also think OG maybe a great 2nd option. A future where the Cs put on the court Fultz, Smart, Brown and OG could be really impressive on D and functional on O.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 09:42:40 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'd support both the move and the pick. AB looks like the odd man out either sooner or later, so we might as well get a pick out of it, and #12 would be a great return. Anunoby is an outstanding on-ball defender who should be able to contribute pretty early in his career and who has a high chance to be a starting-caliber player.

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 09:52:10 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Exactly. Of Thomas, Smart, Rozier and him, Bradley is the closest to untradeable. TP

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 10:31:45 AM »

Offline SCBirdman

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 31

Exactly. Of Thomas, Smart, Rozier and him, Bradley is the closest to untradeable. TP

I think its completely the opposite. Analytics prove that over time, Boston is better without Bradley off the floor. Bradley also has the most trade value. I think Minn. and Thibs at 7 could be a good trade spot.

Also, Bradley is going into a FA year. He is going to demand too much money to keep. Either trade him now for a draft pick or include him in a larger trade for Butler or PG13.