Author Topic: Lakers Hopeful They Can Bring Fultz in for Workout and Meeting  (Read 6992 times)

Re: Lakers Hopeful They Can Bring Fultz in for Workout and Meeting
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 07:57:01 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Adam Zagoria: Projected No. 1 pick Markelle Fultz is expected to meet this week with the Lakers, per source.

So Jacksons promise could be from DA....I mean why would LA work out Fultz unless DA and Stevens weren't high on him. And the crossing the T's and dotting the I's don't fly. Ball is better next to Russell, and JAckson and Ingram play the same position.

Brown can play the two, and Jackson can play the 3. And if DA could trade for Dennis Smtih Jr.  who DA has been rumored to like. Thats a heck of a young bench. Thats not even including 2018.
You think Danny gave Jackson a promise without a workout?

No chance.

DA was out in LA last week while Jackson was. Could have sneaked a peak while he was their. LA was suppose to be private, Doesn't mean DA didn't see any of it. HE and Magic have talked, and with Fultz rumored to be working out with LA this week, why would they if they made a promise to Jackson?

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 08:07:00 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Adam Zagoria: Projected No. 1 pick Markelle Fultz is expected to meet this week with the Lakers, per source.

So Jacksons promise could be from DA....I mean why would LA work out Fultz unless DA and Stevens weren't high on him. And the crossing the T's and dotting the I's don't fly. Ball is better next to Russell, and JAckson and Ingram play the same position.

Brown can play the two, and Jackson can play the 3. And if DA could trade for Dennis Smtih Jr.  who DA has been rumored to like. Thats a heck of a young bench. Thats not even including 2018.

No chance.

DA was out in LA last week while Jackson was. Could have sneaked a peak while he was their. LA was suppose to be private, Doesn't mean DA didn't see any of it. HE and Magic have talked, and with Fultz rumored to be working out with LA this week, why would they if they made a promise to Jackson?
It's just ridiculous that ainge would sneak out to LA and make a promise to jackson AFTER Jackson has already worked out for multiple teams. What does singe possibly gain from this.

You are reaching here man. Ainge didn't promise Jackson.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2017, 09:08:39 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

No chance.

It's just ridiculous that ainge would sneak out to LA and make a promise to jackson AFTER Jackson has already worked out for multiple teams. What does singe possibly gain from this.

Ainge said he was going to LA to watch some work outs. With the top 3 promise to Jackson, him not working out for Philly till this week, to Fultz now working out for LA. Something is up. And we don't know if DA didn't get to see Jackson at one of the workouts.

BUT now thinking DA doesn't do those anymore. But  the LA and Futlz is weird.

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2017, 09:38:48 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Danny is just trying to payback the Lakers for those pictures of Kobe in Celtics workout gear. Years later when Fultz has garnered multiple championships for the Celtics it would be nice to show him in Laker workout gear just so they can see what they missed.

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 09:42:04 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

No chance.

Ainge said he was going to LA to watch some work outs. With the top 3 promise to Jackson, him not working out for Philly till this week, to Fultz now working out for LA. Something is up. And we don't know if DA didn't get to see Jackson at one of the workouts.

BUT now thinking DA doesn't do those anymore. But  the LA and Futlz is weird.
No its not. You are making something of nothing.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2017, 09:53:01 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
There is probably absolutely nothing to this but if there is, the most likely scenario is that Magic Johnson has approached Ainge with a trade idea to move up and take Fultz while the Celtics take Jackson.  This would fit with Ainge sneaking in to the Lakers work out with Jackson.  This would fit with the Lakers wanting to see Fultz.

Not sure the Lakers have anything I want though.

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2017, 10:16:14 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Mark Medina: Lakers are finalizing details in bringing Lonzo Ball in for a second workout. It appears likely Markelle Fultz will have one, too

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2017, 10:23:06 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Lakers picking #2 but getting all the play for workouts

I hope Danny burns them one way or the other

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2017, 10:46:07 AM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
I've long had a nagging feeling that Ainge isn't gonna take Fultz and it's been worrying me a lot. This doesn't help. Do the right thing Danny

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2017, 10:46:59 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Same update, spun a diff way...

Mike Bresnahan: Markelle Fultz will work out for the Lakers on Thursday. No official date yet for Lonzo Ball but there will be a second workout.

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2017, 10:47:41 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I've long had a nagging feeling that Ainge isn't gonna take Fultz and it's been worrying me a lot. This doesn't help. Do the right thing Danny

Then who is he going to pick in your opinion?

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2017, 10:51:47 AM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133

Then who is he going to pick in your opinion?
I'm not sure, I had been worried about Jackson but now since he was promised I doubt it was by Ainge as he cancelled his workout. Tatum doesn't make sense, so it could be Fox? Seems like a bit of a reach but I still won't be able to relax until I hear his name called on draft night. Ainge never seems to make the pick everyone expects, even if it has worked out well recently.

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2017, 11:01:28 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
It's entirely possible that Ainge just wanted to travel to LA for fun and saw this trip as an opportunity to get out of the office while still doing some work. 

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2017, 11:19:32 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
It's entirely possible that Ainge just wanted to travel to LA for fun and saw this trip as an opportunity to get out of the office while still doing some work.

I believe he has one daughter who lives in LA and another in San Diego, along with grandchildren.

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2017, 11:31:30 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Fultz just hired an agent. It's possible the agent is doing this to make/keep connections, or that he/she advised Fultz to go to more than one workout.