Author Topic: Lakers Hopeful They Can Bring Fultz in for Workout and Meeting  (Read 7064 times)

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Sounds a lot like a wish and a prayer, but thought worth posting here.

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/06/11/lakers-rumors-team-hopeful-bring-markelle-fultz-workout-meeting/

If in fact Fultz refuses to work out for the Lakers, seems more likely than ever he has been given a promise by Ainge. 

Agree?

Re: Lakers Hopeful They Can Bring Fultz in for Workout and Meeting
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 08:51:53 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/06/11/lakers-rumors-team-hopeful-bring-markelle-fultz-workout-meeting/

If in fact Fultz refuses to work out for the Lakers, seems more likely than ever he has been given a promise by Ainge. 

Agree?

Definitely more likely.  But could also be that he prefers to play for Boston and doesn't want to risk the lakers trading up for him.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 09:14:43 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Fultz shouldn't work out for anybody else. He stands to lose a lot more than he would gain.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 09:18:34 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
If you follow the link and then click on the mock draft they show the Celtics taking Tatum at 1, Lakes taking Ball at 2 and Philly taking Fultz at 3.

Please shoot me if this happens.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 09:27:38 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
If you follow the link and then click on the mock draft they show the Celtics taking Tatum at 1, Lakes taking Ball at 2 and Philly taking Fultz at 3.

I wonder whether these two things are at all related.

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 09:59:08 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Agree?
The team gains nothing by giving him a promise at 1. You give a promise to guys so that they would shut down workouts with teams that can possibly pick them ahead of you. This is nonsense.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 10:05:07 AM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 10:13:52 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
KEEPA YOU HANS OFFA MINE NUMBA ONE PICK.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 10:41:02 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Fultz, Simmons, Saric and Embiid would be a nasty team to deal with in the long term. Throw some guy who can shoot the 3 (might just keep Covington) in at SG and it would be very troublesome.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 10:45:21 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Fultz, Simmons, Saric and Embiid would be a nasty team to deal with in the long term. Throw some guy who can shoot the 3 (might just keep Covington) in at SG and it would be very troublesome.
Well, that's if Embiid can stay in one piece, and one of these can play SF. Otherwise, not so much.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 11:00:04 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Just wanted to see if I could have 3 of the most recent threads on board, LOL.

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 11:07:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Well, that's if Embiid can stay in one piece, and one of these can play SF. Otherwise, not so much.
Yeah, I was assuming all goes perfectly and Fultz turns into the Harden-esque offensive talent with better defence that he could be.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 12:09:47 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Just wanted to see if I could have 3 of the most recent threads on board, LOL.

LOL. Funny stuff.

Let's look at this though. Boston decides it is going to draft Lorenzo Ball for Philly and is working on a package  of some sorts ( Avery Bradley for a return).  Ball then, is off the board.  LA who was undecided between Ball and Jackson, hasn't seen Fultz.  They are then picking at #2 and have to make a franchise altering decision. 

Can't imagine Boston not drafting Fultz, unless they are selecting for another team.
Doesn't make sense to draft Tatum at #1 because,  they could likely land him at 3 or 4 and pick up assets.

LA-They are doing do diligence by wanting Fultz in for a workout.

All top teams want to see all top players- so they can evaluate them.

Can't imagine Boston not drafting Fultz, unless they  are selecting for another team.
Doesn't make sense to draft Tatum at #1 because,  they could likely land him at 3 or 4 and pick up assets.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 07:01:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Adam Zagoria: Projected No. 1 pick Markelle Fultz is expected to meet this week with the Lakers, per source.

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 07:34:57 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Adam Zagoria: Projected No. 1 pick Markelle Fultz is expected to meet this week with the Lakers, per source.

So Jacksons promise could be from DA....I mean why would LA work out Fultz unless DA and Stevens weren't high on him. And the crossing the T's and dotting the I's don't fly. Ball is better next to Russell, and JAckson and Ingram play the same position.

Brown can play the two, and Jackson can play the 3. And if DA could trade for Dennis Smtih Jr.  who DA has been rumored to like. Thats a heck of a young bench. Thats not even including 2018.

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 07:41:26 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

So Jacksons promise could be from DA....I mean why would LA work out Fultz unless DA and Stevens weren't high on him. And the crossing the T's and dotting the I's don't fly. Ball is better next to Russell, and JAckson and Ingram play the same position.

Brown can play the two, and Jackson can play the 3. And if DA could trade for Dennis Smtih Jr.  who DA has been rumored to like. Thats a heck of a young bench. Thats not even including 2018.
You think Danny gave Jackson a promise without a workout?

No chance.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.