Author Topic: DJ Wilson. This yrs Draymond ? 6'10" in shoes, defense, 3 point shooter, athlete  (Read 3236 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Anyone seen much of DJ Wilson?

I love his game and his attitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEv4lI1GOFY
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
There is another guy named Guershon Yabelesele who has a similar game!!

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
If we wants to go to Spain or Germany for a year, then sure!  Maybe even Maccabi

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
There is another guy named Guershon Yabelesele who has a similar game!!

I've not seen Yabu dish out all the rebound dunks this kid did, he looks like he can get up higher.   Yabu is a power player who relies on his strength.  This kid run the floor and looks like a high motor guy more to me.   I do not see the similarities.   

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I would love to have him on our team. His deep game tying 3 in your highlight gave me chills. It's always cool to see someone with his build playing with hustle and tenacity.

I don't think we can trade in for him though. He is my sleeper to be taken higher than alot of draft sites think.

On a side note if we did get him, him and Jaylen can be rocking the short shorts haha.
#JKJB

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
OG Anunoby has a similar physique and really nice length for his height but does not have the same ft and 3point shooting percentages.

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
If we wants to go to Spain or Germany for a year, then sure!  Maybe even Maccabi

do you hate him or something ?  ;)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Interesting looking talent. Needs to keep working on his body and footwork

Effort on the court is there

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
The youtube highlights make you think that he must have averaged over 20 and 10, but in reality he ONLY averaged 11 and 5 in over 30 minutes per game!!  Also, this was his first year playing meaningful minutes in college as he only averaged 4.8 and 6.6 minutes his first two years.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3136491/d.j.-wilson

He is a great athlete, but looks to be a year or two from being ready for the NBA IMHO!!!

Smitty77

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Almost all these guys are a year or two from being ready for the Association.

He's another guy who looks great in clips, but disappeared for long periods during actual games.

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
"Although he's very intriguing as a long, rangy stretch four, Wilson also proved that he still has a ways to go before being considered a top-flight power forward prospect. He managed to grab only five defensive rebounds and dish out only one assist in 76 minutes of action during the first two rounds, and left much to be desired as an interior defender both in terms of physicality and toughness."
 - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/D.J.-Wilson-82837/

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
He seems a lot like Jerebko. Similarly good not great shooter, some handles but nothing special, good quickness for his size, average NBA athleticism, defends both forward positions but not centers or guards, no post game.

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Until they figure out how to measure heart and attitude you can never say things like "the Draymond Green of this year."

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
Yeah, love his physical profile.  Would be a great guy to take a waiver on with a high a 2nd Rd pick.

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
This years draymond green?  As if we get one every year?