Author Topic: Fultz is overrated  (Read 38537 times)

Re: Fultz is overrated
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2017, 10:46:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Oh that's right. Same guy that said you've never seen him Play a full game. Pretty weak.

He's the second best guard prospect in 7 years.

Who's the first? Kyrie?

No. John Wall.

So Wall, Fultz, Kyrie?

are you watching the game tonight?  ;D
what is your point?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2017, 10:46:40 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Fultz will be a bust.  Quote me!

« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2017, 10:52:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Oh that's right. Same guy that said you've never seen him Play a full game. Pretty weak.

Who's the first? Kyrie?

No. John Wall.

So Wall, Fultz, Kyrie?

what is your point?

Its pretty clear... just re read above

« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2017, 10:55:54 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Who's the first? Kyrie?

No. John Wall.

So Wall, Fultz, Kyrie?

what is your point?

Its pretty clear... just re read above
If you are saying that Kyrie was a better prospect than Wall, thats wrong.

You can argue Kyrie is the better player now (I wouldnt), but Wall was a better prospect.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2017, 11:17:10 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Markelle Fultz being anything less than 'not insane Gilbert Arenas' is a disappointment and frankly I am not prepared to be disappointed here.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2017, 11:17:37 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
You've definitely not seen him play for a full game, he's at least as explosive as Harden (imo he's better) and he can make tough layups by driving to the rim (finishes through contact if needed as well)

You are right.  I haven't seen him play a full game.   I am basing my observations solely on highlight videos.

The highlighted part makes your post and therefore your thread a troll piece.

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2017, 11:20:43 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
You've definitely not seen him play for a full game, he's at least as explosive as Harden (imo he's better) and he can make tough layups by driving to the rim (finishes through contact if needed as well)

You are right.  I haven't seen him play a full game.   I am basing my observations solely on highlight videos.

I appreciate the honesty.

I mean its hard to watch all that many Washington games. Plenty people on this site throw out opinions of guys based solely on DX writeups and a handful of highlight vids.

I have seen 2 full games of Fultz and snippets of a few other games, but I was throwing out Fultz opinions before I took the time to watch those.

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2017, 11:28:01 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Obviously whether he is overrated depends on what the expectations are in the first place.  Fultz is not a generational prospect like Lebron (duh) or Duncan.  He may not even be a prospect on the level of Anthony Davis.  But these guys (minus Lebron) are at least within reach. 

He could be as good as Wall, Rose, Kyrie, and other guards at number #1.  Fultz is different that each of these stars; does some things worse, some things better.  For instance, Fultz is not as explosive as any of those three.  But he makes up for it in others ways; being shifty, change of pace, etc.  Fultz is also considerably bigger than Kyrie and longer than Rose and Wall.  He can also shoot better than Wall and Rose at the same stage. 

Is Fultz a guaranteed super duper star?  Not sure I would go that far.  But he might be.  And at worse, we're probably talking Damian Lillard.  Highest floor and highest ceiling.  What else can we ask for.
I think he has a chance to be a LeBron or Duncan type of guy...let's wait and see
I don't.  Lebron is arguably the greatest talent of all time.  Fultz is not that kind of prospect but no one has ever been.  Duncan is a big so hard to compare.  But he was a hall of fame prospect that delivered and then some.
Again we'll have to wait and see...I love the kid, I think he'll be a step above Kyrie and Wall in their rookie years
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2017, 11:30:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

While I wouldn't say overrated...I do have a few concerns (mainly on the defensive end)

I do agree about assessing a player via highlights vs watching full games

OP you can start here... (Full Games)

2/4/2017  -UCLA vs Washington
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm8N6hILmmU

2017-01-01 NCAAB Washington State Cougars vs Washington Huskies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKTPj9h6q7k

Nevada Wolf Pack vs Washington Huskies - Full Game - December 11,2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAjGHQF6sFM

« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2017, 11:31:52 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

While I wouldn't say overrated...I do have a few concerns (mainly on the defensive end)

Who do you want at 1?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2017, 11:59:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Who do you want at 1?

Imo there is not a "wide gap" between the #1, #2 to #5  prospects...

Each of these prospects have their strengths and weaknesses...  its not like we are talking about  top 2 way talents like Towns or Davis...

So I would be fine to trading the #1 pick for #3 and #5 for example   or #5 and Buddy Hield

Lets say that =  Tatum and Hield for Fultz....  I doubt that Fultz by himself would outproduce Tatum and Hield

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2017, 12:10:20 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I can formulate a lot of opinions based on all the videos that exist on Youtube.  To be honest, I don't think I watched the whole of a single college basketball game last season.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2017, 12:13:37 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I doubt that Fultz by himself would outproduce Tatum and Hield

It doesn't work that way, though. DeMar Derozan and Serge Ibaka combine to outproduce Lebron, but you're not making that trade, are you?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2017, 12:19:41 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Fultz is amazing. The fact the he is coming to a quality team with nba shooters will make him dangerous and he will contribute immediately

« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2017, 12:24:18 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I doubt that Fultz by himself would outproduce Tatum and Hield

It doesn't work that way, though. DeMar Derozan and Serge Ibaka combine to outproduce Lebron, but you're not making that trade, are you?

like these extreme examples is not what I'm talking about

are you really going to use Lebron as an example??  Are you saying Fultz is at the same level/hemisphere ?

and yes it does work this way... because Fultz, Tatum and Hield haven't proven anything/much yet

A young collegiate prospect like Towns not only showed off his skills but he also racked up wins.. there was no dispute, that he was the clear top talent.... 

With Fultz ...  if he had better teammates... if he had a better coach.... if he just tried harder on defense (it will come you will see)....    there are still question marks

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 12:33:29 AM by triboy16f »