Author Topic: Fultz to work out for Kings  (Read 10130 times)

Re: Fultz to work out for Kings
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2017, 12:34:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Could you imagine the buzz around here if Cousins was still with the Kings? Off the hook...

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2017, 12:35:49 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
My thought is that if this is something that Danny is truly considering, it would be to split the value of the 2017 #1 pick into pieces so that it can be used to consummate multiple impact trades.

For example, if this trade allows us to then trade #5 plus other pieces for Jimmy Butler and #10 plus other pieces for Paul George, maybe Danny feels like that is too good of a starting 5 to not roll the dice on.

This whole thing could also be just noise, so who knows.  The next two weeks are gonna be a long wait up until draft day though.

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2017, 12:49:20 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I posted this in another thread.

I think the likely explanation is that the Kings called the Fultz's agent and said that they were willing to make a god father offer to the Celtics but they needed a workout before they would.  I wouldn't read any of the Celtics intentions into this.

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2017, 12:59:42 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2017, 01:22:36 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
This is great news.  I have no interest in trading Fultz.  But in a hypothetical in which we assume Ainge would only be interested in a trade involving a third team, who better to be involved in discussions with than SAC? 

Hopefully NO is already happy with their new acquisition in Boogie and ready to make the monumental mistake of letting Davis go... :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 01:29:46 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2017, 01:41:47 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Isn't Danny working out other players? Seems to me that the smart thing to do, just from a personal business point of view, is that if the Celtics are seeing other people, he should, too. And, truthfully, if I'm Danny, I might tell him to work out with somebody else just to keep up appearances. It's doubtful he's going to fall in love with Sacramento.

Mike

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2017, 02:05:01 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
That is really strange.  If Fultz had indications he wasn't going #1, he'd be doing workouts for the Lakers and Sixers.  Hard to see why he'd workout for the Kings unless a trade is being discussed.  It would have to be a godfather offer beyond the #5 and #10.

He still could go #1
Diggles

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2017, 02:16:43 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Fultz W'ONT be working out with the Kings.

[UPDATE 1:45 p.m.]: According to James Ham of NBC Sports Bay Area, Fultz will not work out for the Kings this weekend, but there’s a chance for a visit to Sacramento between now and Draft night.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/213713646/fultz-reportedly-will-work-out-kings-sunday

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2017, 02:22:07 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
Isn't Danny working out other players? Seems to me that the smart thing to do, just from a personal business point of view, is that if the Celtics are seeing other people, he should, too. And, truthfully, if I'm Danny, I might tell him to work out with somebody else just to keep up appearances. It's doubtful he's going to fall in love with Sacramento.

Mike

I don't think it matters if he falls in love with Sacramento. He's not falling to 5, so SAC would have to fall in love with him and trade up to select him.

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2017, 02:52:17 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
There's nothing on that roster I really want relative to Fultz.

#5 + #10 + Papagiannis + rights to Bogdonavic + Hield

I guess at that point I'd at least think about it, but it would mean we're totally abandoning winning.
That's like throwing the white flag. Full rebuild with lesser blue chip prospects. We'd become the 76ers.

With IT and Horford here, that is NOT going to happen.

I am extremely doubtful and very certain that neither one of them gets moved, but if it happens, holy crap...50 megaton blowup city.

50 megaton blowup city idea ;D -

IT to Detroit for 12

Horford to Minnesota for 7, Nikola "Not Tesla" Pekovic ;D, and Jordan Hill, who we then waive before his deal becomes guaranteed.

7 to Portland for 15 and 20. 

It's a start, lol ;D