Author Topic: Fultz to work out for Kings  (Read 10128 times)

Re: Fultz to work out for Kings
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 09:10:23 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
First thought is maybe #5,#10, and WCS for #1 or maybe next years pick instead of the #10.

Hard to fathom passing on Fultz but maybe DA really likes Isaac, Smith or Tatum at #5 and see value in moving down.

Post Cousins WCS looked good and would be a nice long term fit at center to replace Amir. So versatile on D.
They can't trade their 2018 pick cause they have already traded their 2019 unprotected first to to the Sixers.

Anyway, that's an awful trade for the C's...

I like both Tatum and Isaac. Just don't think #5 + #10 + WCS is good enough value for the #1 pick. Perhaps we could trade down with the Sixers for #3 and then trade the 3rd pick for #5 + #10 (+ WCS)??
only option slightly intriguing to justify that trade with Philly is if they send Simmons along with that pick.  They aren't parting with Embiid who'd also be satisfactory with the #3 (yes, in a vacuum, Embiid alone would be worth the #1 but he can't stay healthy so he's not worth the pick on his own).  Saric and the other roster flotsam isn't enough to justify the deal.

So, having said that, say it's Simmons and the #3 for the #1.  (not a fan of making that move but for argument's sake we'll say that it happens).  you also propose moving the #3 for the #5 and #10 (can't see Sac adding in WCS with those 2 picks for the #3.  for the #1, it'd be a necessity but the #3 and #5 picks aren't that much different in talent level) so you're proposing to add a lot of rookies to this team next year:
- Simmons (yes, it's technically his second year but first time on an NBA court)
- #5 (one of Tatum or Jackson hopefully and not Fox or Ball)
- #10 (maybe Isaac, Markannen or even Giles although Giles seems to be sliding.)
- Zizic (he's pretty much a sure thing to come over this year)
- Maybe Nader and/or Yabu.  (neither is a sure thing to make the team next year -- Yabu is likely to stay overseas another year)
That's a lot of unproven youth to add to this team that would need to produce when they hit the court.

roster going into next year
IT, AB, Crowder, Al, Top FA?  (this could be Hayward, Millsap or Griffin or maybe Danny can't sign anyone)

Smart, Rozier, Brown, Simmons, #5, #10, Zizic.

That's an incredibly young bench with Smart the closest thing we have a vet unless Danny signs Hayward and Crowder goes to the bench.  To get Hayward, we'd have cut ties with our more experienced bench players Amir, KO, Zeller, JJ and Green.  While that's an intriguing roster for building for the future with Simmons as our primary asset (instead of Fultz who is a much better shooter than Simmons and consistent shooting's really something we lack)

not sure I'm on board with those moves -- loading up on more young prospects that could become starter-level players as opposed to taking the one guy in this draft that by all accounts figures to achieve all-star level of play if not top 10-15 player status in a few years.

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 09:11:38 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
There's nothing on that roster I really want relative to Fultz.

#5 + #10 + Papagiannis + rights to Bogdonavic + Hield

I guess at that point I'd at least think about it, but it would mean we're totally abandoning winning.
That's like throwing the white flag. Full rebuild with lesser blue chip prospects. We'd become the 76ers.

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 09:14:05 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Me either.

If there is anything to Fultz going to Sactown, a third and/or 4th team HAVE to be involved.

And the permutations to speculate on that are endless....and probably something no one here has thought of or discussed knowing Danny's out of left field-sometimes moves.

Man, this is an exciting time!!!!!

Still hope we keep Fultz, but DA is one creative SOB.

Anybody care to speculate?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:47:26 AM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 09:17:05 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I guess at that point I'd at least think about it, but it would mean we're totally abandoning winning.
That's like throwing the white flag. Full rebuild with lesser blue chip prospects. We'd become the 76ers.

With IT and Horford here, that is NOT going to happen.

I am extremely doubtful and very certain that neither one of them gets moved, but if it happens, holy crap...50 megaton blowup city.

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2017, 09:23:45 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Why the about face by Fultz or his agent
just muddies the water or did Danny ask Fultz's agent
Is Danny taking a page out of Reds playbook trading Joe Barry Caroll and getting Parish and McHale

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2017, 09:27:11 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
First thought is maybe #5,#10, and WCS for #1 or maybe next years pick instead of the #10.

Hard to fathom passing on Fultz but maybe DA really likes Isaac, Smith or Tatum at #5 and see value in moving down.

Post Cousins WCS looked good and would be a nice long term fit at center to replace Amir. So versatile on D.
They can't trade their 2018 pick cause they have already traded their 2019 unprotected first to to the Sixers.

Anyway, that's an awful trade for the C's...

I like both Tatum and Isaac. Just don't think #5 + #10 + WCS is good enough value for the #1 pick. Perhaps we could trade down with the Sixers for #3 and then trade the 3rd pick for #5 + #10 (+ WCS)??
only option slightly intriguing to justify that trade with Philly is if they send Simmons along with that pick.  They aren't parting with Embiid who'd also be satisfactory with the #3 (yes, in a vacuum, Embiid alone would be worth the #1 but he can't stay healthy so he's not worth the pick on his own).  Saric and the other roster flotsam isn't enough to justify the deal.

So, having said that, say it's Simmons and the #3 for the #1.  (not a fan of making that move but for argument's sake we'll say that it happens).  you also propose moving the #3 for the #5 and #10 (can't see Sac adding in WCS with those 2 picks for the #3.  for the #1, it'd be a necessity but the #3 and #5 picks aren't that much different in talent level) so you're proposing to add a lot of rookies to this team next year:
- Simmons (yes, it's technically his second year but first time on an NBA court)
- #5 (one of Tatum or Jackson hopefully and not Fox or Ball)
- #10 (maybe Isaac, Markannen or even Giles although Giles seems to be sliding.)
- Zizic (he's pretty much a sure thing to come over this year)
- Maybe Nader and/or Yabu.  (neither is a sure thing to make the team next year -- Yabu is likely to stay overseas another year)
That's a lot of unproven youth to add to this team that would need to produce when they hit the court.

roster going into next year
IT, AB, Crowder, Al, Top FA?  (this could be Hayward, Millsap or Griffin or maybe Danny can't sign anyone)

Smart, Rozier, Brown, Simmons, #5, #10, Zizic.

That's an incredibly young bench with Smart the closest thing we have a vet unless Danny signs Hayward and Crowder goes to the bench.  To get Hayward, we'd have cut ties with our more experienced bench players Amir, KO, Zeller, JJ and Green.  While that's an intriguing roster for building for the future with Simmons as our primary asset (instead of Fultz who is a much better shooter than Simmons and consistent shooting's really something we lack)

not sure I'm on board with those moves -- loading up on more young prospects that could become starter-level players as opposed to taking the one guy in this draft that by all accounts figures to achieve all-star level of play if not top 10-15 player status in a few years.
Not proposing anything. Just saying that's the only way I could see us trading with the Kings. But then again, if we trade #1 to the Sixers for #3 why would the Kings work out Fultz? He won't be available at #3.

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2017, 09:28:05 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Danny don't you dare deal Fultz for a package built around #5 and #10. Sacramento has nothing Boston should want a part of player wise.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2017, 09:34:12 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
He's just working out there to make it seem less strange, we're taking him and keeping him, kid's gonna be the successor of IT
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2017, 09:34:35 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Steve Kyler‏Verified account @stevekylerNBA

I was told Lonzo Ball may meet with the Kings too - same process. Keep in mind if you'll give up the world, you want to have met them.

Celtic Green 2017 @CelticGreen2017
@stevekylerNBA Any truth to this that you know of? Would only make sense if Fultz camp heard we were trading with the Kings right? #Celtics https://twitter.com/ailene_voisin/status/873069927564955648

I wouldn't be shocked. The adulation for this one-and-done or that one-and-done prospect is pretty insane in here. Fultz is the best prospect in this draft, but clearly not a transcendental player (look at his record).

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2017, 09:36:51 AM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
I just threw up in my mouth when I read this thread title.  Please Danny, its simple!  Do the right thing.  Take Fultz, its a no-brainer!!

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2017, 09:39:13 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
According to Kyler, the workout may just be a favor.

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/873134154250149889

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2017, 09:41:02 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
Could be the lakers rather than us trading the pick. Maybe sac town has a deal in the works with LA and Markelle just doing his due diligence in case we trade the pick for a star and that team takes lonzo (or Danny loses his mind and takes lonzo).

Would be shocked if we dealt the pick for 5 and 10 and WCS.

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2017, 09:47:31 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
#1 is worth much more than #5 #10 and WCS...

There would be more in any trade.

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2017, 09:49:32 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
According to Kyler, the workout may just be a favor.

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/873134154250149889

That could make some sense.  The Kings couldn't get anyone to work out for them last year.  So they bring in the #1 prospect for a workout, showing other potential draftees they're legitimate, and in return say only really nice things about Fultz so that he has other positive info flowing around in case he drops below the first pick.

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2017, 10:02:30 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

With IT and Horford here, that is NOT going to happen.

I am extremely doubtful and very certain that neither one of them gets moved, but if it happens, holy crap...50 megaton blowup city.
I don't think anyone is giving up #1 for the bag of spare parts in the post above. I'm thinking some combination of WCS, Skal, and Hield -- but even that seems like it's a long shot.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."