Author Topic: Fultz to work out for Kings  (Read 10129 times)

Fultz to work out for Kings
« on: June 09, 2017, 08:19:08 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Prepare for the madness and speculation.

Per Sacramento Bee's Aliene Voisin Fultz to workout for Kings Sunday
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Fultz to work out for Kings
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 08:26:47 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
First thought is maybe #5,#10, and WCS for #1 or maybe next years pick instead of the #10.

Hard to fathom passing on Fultz but maybe DA really likes Isaac, Smith or Tatum at #5 and see value in moving down.

Post Cousins WCS looked good and would be a nice long term fit at center to replace Amir. So versatile on D.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 08:38:22 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
That is really strange.  If Fultz had indications he wasn't going #1, he'd be doing workouts for the Lakers and Sixers.  Hard to see why he'd workout for the Kings unless a trade is being discussed.  It would have to be a godfather offer beyond the #5 and #10. 

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 08:41:53 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
That is really strange.  If Fultz had indications he wasn't going #1, he'd be doing workouts for the Lakers and Sixers.  Hard to see why he'd workout for the Kings unless a trade is being discussed.  It would have to be a godfather offer beyond the #5 and #10. 
agreed - very strange and it would (at least it should) take a godfather offer to get the C's to trade that pick.  5 and 10 aren't enough (not even sure throwing in WCS would be enough)

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 08:43:47 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
First thought is maybe #5,#10, and WCS for #1 or maybe next years pick instead of the #10.

Hard to fathom passing on Fultz but maybe DA really likes Isaac, Smith or Tatum at #5 and see value in moving down.

Post Cousins WCS looked good and would be a nice long term fit at center to replace Amir. So versatile on D.
They can't trade their 2018 pick cause they have already traded their 2019 unprotected first to to the Sixers.

Anyway, that's an awful trade for the C's...

I like both Tatum and Isaac. Just don't think #5 + #10 + WCS is good enough value for the #1 pick. Perhaps we could trade down with the Sixers for #3 and then trade the 3rd pick for #5 + #10 (+ WCS)??
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 08:49:18 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 08:48:04 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
double post

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 08:51:06 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

WCS is one of the most over rated players on this board. I'd venture to say the C's have little to no interest in him or for that matter anything the Kings can offer.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 08:51:54 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

They can't trade their 2018 pick cause they have already traded their 2019 unprotected first to to the Sixers.

Anyway, that's an awful trade for the C's...

I like both Tatum and Isaac. Just don't think #5 + #10 + WCS is good enough value for the #1 pick. Perhaps we could trade down with the Sixers for #3 and then trade the 3rd pick for #5 + #10 (+ WCS)??
They could do a swap though, right i.e. Boston has the right to swap its pick for Sacto's in 2018 or did they give that right to Philly also.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 08:52:26 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

WCS is one of the most over rated players on this board. I'd venture to say the C's have little to no interest in him or for that matter anything the Kings can offer.
Don't get the fascination either for such a limited player.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 08:59:25 AM by PAOBoston »

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 08:55:26 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
#1 + Bradley for #3 + Saric + Lakers 2018 +Sacramento 2019

We then trade #3 for #5 +#10 (+ WCS??)

So basically the trade would be

#1 + Bradley for #5 + #10 + Saric + Lakers 2018 + Sacramento 2019

If that's the case I might do it.

Of course, that doesn't give the Kings the #1 pick. Really don't know what to say about this rumor. Why would we trade Fultz for #5+#10+WCS? Seems very strange to me.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:34:44 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 09:02:29 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
There's nothing on that roster I really want relative to Fultz.

#5 + #10 + Papagiannis + rights to Bogdonavic + Hield

I guess at that point I'd at least think about it, but it would mean we're totally abandoning winning.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 09:04:02 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Even if they thought there were two players worth taking at #5 and #10 over Fultz, how can they know those players will be available? Even if they wait until the first four picks are taken, what about the #10 pick? They would have to consummate the deal at least before #5.

This is confusing. Please don't do it Danny.

If they also offer a 2018 pick swap, I might be more interested since they're not going to be good next year either.

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 09:05:57 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

Don't get the fascination either for such a limited player.

He is limited but as a 25mpg starting 5 he is a good fit. His versatility on D would be a major asset. With that said NO way I trade Fultz to the Kings
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 09:07:04 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
I have to wonder if the Kings are telling Fultz agent that they are going to try somthing big and would really like to meet with him. In that case I could see bringing going in for 1 workout/meeting.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 09:07:11 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
I have to wonder if the Kings are telling Fultz agent that they are going to try somthing big and would really like to meet with him. In that case I could see bringing going in for 1 workout/meeting.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet