Author Topic: And the free agency hot take of the year award goes to...  (Read 2560 times)

And the free agency hot take of the year award goes to...
« on: June 09, 2017, 02:03:27 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
LeBron opting out of Cleveland to chase rings in LA.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2714466-lebron-james-rumored-to-potentially-join-lakers-clippers-in-2018-free-agency/?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

O'Connor also mentioned Jalen Rose saying on ESPN's First Take this week that he thinks James will eventually play in California since he lives close to L.A.'s Staples Center:
Banner 18 please 😍

Re: And the free agency hot take of the year award goes to...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 06:22:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If this happens then maybe CLE panics and goes full in tank mode for a few years and unloads some assets.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 07:36:12 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
If this happens then maybe CLE panics and goes full in tank mode for a few years and unloads some assets.
Does Dan Gilbert still own the team?  This hasn't been his MO...but then he also got lucky with James deciding to come back to Cleveland...

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 07:59:45 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Does Dan Gilbert still own the team?  This hasn't been his MO...but then he also got lucky with James deciding to come back to Cleveland.

Yes, he owns the team.   They were pretty bad after LeBron,  and this ought to prove to you they went full tank.  So yes, it was his MO.  It is what teams do.

They finished the regular season with 19 wins and 63 loses, the team's worst record since 2002–03. The season included LeBron James becoming a free agent and moving to the Miami Heat, also missing the playoffs for the first time since 2004-05 and a 26 game losing streak spanning from December 20, 2010 to February 11, 2011.

October 19 - After the victory over the Philadelphia 76ers the Cavs waived Danny Green and Manny Harris made the season roster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Cleveland_Cavaliers_season

This got them Kyrie and Thompson.  They waived Danny Green, yes, that Danny Green.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 08:03:07 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I hope he does go to LA. That would make it easier for our mission.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 08:23:59 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
How would a Lakers team look like if (for whatever reason) LeBron decided to go there? I mean, most of their players are on the rookie scale and their vets are pretty much terrible (except Clarkson).

Ball - Clarkson
Russell - Young (player option) - Nwaba (team option)
Ingram - Deng - Brewer
Randle - Nance Jr.
Zubac - Mozgov - Black

I guess they trade 2-3 young prospects for George. What more can they do? They have no room for a second max player via free agency (assuming LeBron is the first one).

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 08:54:40 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I think the end LA result would be a team of Lebron, PG13 and Westbrook. 3 guys who all need the ball in their hands, especially Westbrook.. not sure how it well it would work out.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 09:00:38 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I think the end LA result would be a team of Lebron, PG13 and Westbrook. 3 guys who all need the ball in their hands, especially Westbrook.. not sure how it well it would work out.
That's a lot of talent. They'd figure out the fit.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 09:01:57 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Does Dan Gilbert still own the team?  This hasn't been his MO...but then he also got lucky with James deciding to come back to Cleveland.

Yes, he owns the team.   They were pretty bad after LeBron,  and this ought to prove to you they went full tank.  So yes, it was his MO.  It is what teams do.

They finished the regular season with 19 wins and 63 loses, the team's worst record since 2002–03. The season included LeBron James becoming a free agent and moving to the Miami Heat, also missing the playoffs for the first time since 2004-05 and a 26 game losing streak spanning from December 20, 2010 to February 11, 2011.

October 19 - After the victory over the Philadelphia 76ers the Cavs waived Danny Green and Manny Harris made the season roster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Cleveland_Cavaliers_season

This got them Kyrie and Thompson.  They waived Danny Green, yes, that Danny Green.
Green didn't really catch on for a few more years after that. If I'm not mistaken both San Antonio and Memphis cut him after this.

Edit: I was mistaken. He got cut by the spurs, then picked up by Sacramento's Dleague team and then finally resigned by SAS
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 09:13:10 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
not so sure he goes to the Lakers as opposed to the clippers who have more top end talent right now with CP3, Jordan and Blake.  don't know if they could fit Bron in under the cap and keep Blake or if they'd have to let him go in free agency (which I'd be happy to bring him to Boston to put with Al).

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 09:22:04 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I hope he does go to LA. That would make it easier for our mission.

TP, hodgy.

Also, I wonder how many Bron Bron apologists on here still would defend and support him if he went to the Fakers.