Author Topic: Andre Drummond available per sources  (Read 7036 times)

Re: Andre Drummond available per sources
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2017, 12:41:24 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If I recall correctly, Drummond's defensive stats are middle of the road.  He's not close to Jordan's defense.  Don't want to watch either one shoot free throws.  Hard to see how a professional basketball player shoots 39% at the line.
He only blocks one shot a game. I expected more.

However, the 14 rpg are no chopped liver. Still, I don't think he's the type of player Ainge will look to break the bank on.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2017, 12:58:54 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
If I recall correctly, Drummond's defensive stats are middle of the road.  He's not close to Jordan's defense.  Don't want to watch either one shoot free throws.  Hard to see how a professional basketball player shoots 39% at the line.

However, the 14 rpg are no chopped liver. Still, I don't think he's the type of player Ainge will look to break the bank on.

There is a reason he's available hes the basketball equivalent of a T=Rex (almost extinct) look at the NBA finals Drummond would be unplayable in the 4th qtr of these finals, not only because of the Free throws, but because guys like Draymond and KD are playing Center at times.

The NBA has moved to positionless basketball and Drummond regressed this year. I wouldn't want to even think about getting him, unless the price was extremely low.

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2017, 01:09:53 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Guys were pining for him 2-3 years ago. Shows you how much the league has changed over a short period of time. His trade value has dropped like a rock.

I'd be interested in seeing Golden State defend a team with a legit low post player, not just a defensive big who has leaping ability, and who can run a pick and roll. 

When the Warriors go small, no one can match them, because they have the best shooters.
But I'd like to see someone make them play interior defense.  Small ball wasn't invented yesterday, its been around for years. The Warriors simply have 2 of the best shooters in the league and a scoring savant who is virtually unstoppable-in Durant.

The thing about the Warrior going "small" is that they still have Durant at 6"11, Green who plays much bigger than he is, and Thompson at 6'7 at the 2.  So they're not really small, just really good.

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2017, 01:25:52 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

There is a reason he's available hes the basketball equivalent of a T=Rex (almost extinct) look at the NBA finals Drummond would be unplayable in the 4th qtr of these finals, not only because of the Free throws, but because guys like Draymond and KD are playing Center at times.

The NBA has moved to positionless basketball and Drummond regressed this year. I wouldn't want to even think about getting him, unless the price was extremely low.

How low would the price have to be?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but wouldn't we be a much better team if we were at least average at rebounding? Doesn't Drummond fix our rebounding problems instantly?

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2017, 02:10:19 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Would rather keep the BKN '18 (assuming that's what we would have), and hopefully have a top big man in Ayton or Bamba who is cost controlled, assuming the Nets don't all of a sudden become passable as an NBA team. Heck, even a guy like Wendell Carter, I'm pretty sure that guy can shoot free throws.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2017, 02:26:40 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Guys were pining for him 2-3 years ago. Shows you how much the league has changed over a short period of time. His trade value has dropped like a rock.

I'd be interested in seeing Golden State defend a team with a legit low post player, not just a defensive big who has leaping ability, and who can run a pick and roll. 

When the Warriors go small, no one can match them, because they have the best shooters.
But I'd like to see someone make them play interior defense.  Small ball wasn't invented yesterday, its been around for years. The Warriors simply have 2 of the best shooters in the league and a scoring savant who is virtually unstoppable-in Durant.

The thing about the Warrior going "small" is that they still have Durant at 6"11, Green who plays much bigger than he is, and Thompson at 6'7 at the 2.  So they're not really small, just really good.
none of those guys could guard someone like Hakeem, Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, etc.  Heck I think they would struggle with the Pelicans who could sport Davis and Cousins (who just have no one else, but give them a quality PG and a solid wing and that team would be so hard for the Warriors to defend).  What about a twin tower lineup from the Sixers of Embiid, Okafor, Simmons (or instead of Okafor, Saric). 

Next year is supposed to have a massive influx of top level big men. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 02:37:43 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Drummond should be traded to the Raptors.

Cause he's a dinosaur.

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2017, 02:42:02 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Drummond should be traded to the Raptors.

Cause he's a dinosaur.

TP.  He isn't worth the cap space even if we could get him for a 2nd rounder straight up

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2017, 03:34:16 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

This is the truth!  This board obsesses over trades for players and either wants to trade the back end of our bench for an all star or trade all our picks like Brooklyn did for a player that used to be great, just like Brooklyn did.  People flames fans who don't want to make ridiculous trades and bust on Anige for passing on these guys, but then its just a relatively short amount of time before that player shows that Danny was right to stay away.  Remember how we needed to get Hibbert? The very season we would have had him, if the board had its way, was the one he began his rapid decline.  Remember all the Josh Smith love?  What a waste of talent he ended up being.  Drummond was one of those players most people wanted to mortgage the farm for. Now teams don't want to pony up a second rounder for him.   Look at what Orlando gave up to get Ibaka and then what they got when they dumped him at the trade deadline.   Anyone still want to give Bismack Biyombo a big contract?   Theres a reason a lot of teams never get any better, and its because a lot of GMs think like fans on boards like this.  Theres a reason we are where we are and its because Danny Ainge doesn't think that way.  In Danny I trust and we all should, he is a fantastic GM. 

That said trading for Drummond would be an effective way to clear up the log jam in our back court while strengthening our front court.  Not sure what player they'd want but if we're going to let go of one of Bradley or Smart at the end of next season anyway, I'd trade one of them for Drummond.  Correct me if I'm wrong but we could still make that trade during the summer despite the salary imbalance by creating a trade exemption for Detroit.

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2017, 03:43:08 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Would rather keep the BKN '18 (assuming that's what we would have), and hopefully have a top big man in Ayton or Bamba who is cost controlled, assuming the Nets don't all of a sudden become passable as an NBA team. Heck, even a guy like Wendell Carter, I'm pretty sure that guy can shoot free throws.
Obligatory reminder that this is not baseball.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2017, 03:46:34 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Obligatory reminder that this is not baseball.
he means someone who will outplay his contract. Ayton Has flashes of KG and David Robinson