Author Topic: Andre Drummond available per sources  (Read 7037 times)

Andre Drummond available per sources
« on: June 08, 2017, 06:37:33 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
https://twitter.com/mikeascotto/status/872941126981963776

Don't know how reliable this source is but I remember hearing Drummond was gettable at the trade deadline.

What is the consensus opinion on Drummond? Does he fit this team?

Can we trade for him and still have enough for Hayward?

What would it take? The 2018 Nets picks?

Re: Andre Drummond available per sources
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 06:39:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Seems like recirculating Feb trade deadline rumors is what we do here when there is little else to talk about.

Pass.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 06:45:20 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
He's essentially a better scoring version of DeAndre Jordan, but with possibly worse free throw shooting.  If you could surround him with a bunch of top flight 3/D guys, you could have a pretty good regular season team.  I don't see how he possibly fits with the Celtics offensive and defensive philosophies.

Mike

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 06:45:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Danny would have to get really creative if he wanted to sign Hayward and match Drummond's $23.75M salary next year. You would be looking at Bradley, Crowder, and Smart who make around $20M combined next year. If that is something you would be comfortable doing, then I guess we could make it work...as long as Hayward is willing to take a tad less than the max.

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 06:53:04 PM »

Offline safecracker

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
  • JJ8
Please, no. Drummond is a big guy with elite leaping ability. All other aspects of his game are a disaster. Pass.

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 07:07:56 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
He's essentially a better scoring version of DeAndre Jordan, but with possibly worse free throw shooting.  If you could surround him with a bunch of top flight 3/D guys, you could have a pretty good regular season team.  I don't see how he possibly fits with the Celtics offensive and defensive philosophies.

Mike
Deandre Jordan is an exponentially better defender.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 07:14:16 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
If I recall correctly, Drummond's defensive stats are middle of the road.  He's not close to Jordan's defense.  Don't want to watch either one shoot free throws.  Hard to see how a professional basketball player shoots 39% at the line. 

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 07:15:21 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Tristan Thompson can't even play in these finals can you imagine Drummond trying to get minutes?

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 07:20:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd take him, but not for a BRK pick at this point.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 07:25:35 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Tristan Thompson can't even play in these finals can you imagine Drummond trying to get minutes?

Great point. TP.

I am personally not a fan of Drummond's game but wanted to see what the consensus opinion was on him.  I think he is not as valuable as many NBA fans think, despite pretty good counting numbers and super human physical tools.

I would pass as well.

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 07:27:04 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This board is obsessed with tall guys who play bad basketball

He's available because he sucks and no one wanted to trade even a top 55 protected pick for him

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 07:46:56 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Guys were pining for him 2-3 years ago. Shows you how much the league has changed over a short period of time. His trade value has dropped like a rock.

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 08:18:20 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Guys were pining for him 2-3 years ago. Shows you how much the league has changed over a short period of time. His trade value has dropped like a rock.
2-3 years ago he was on a rookie contract with hopes that he'd improve.  Instead he's treaded water or possibly even regressed a bit.  If he played like a younger Jordan, he'd be getting lots of interest. 

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 08:20:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

You cant shoot the 3 nor FT over 70 percent... Not needed

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 08:22:52 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

I'd be interested in seeing Golden State defend a team with a legit low post player, not just a defensive big who has leaping ability, and who can run a pick and roll. 

When the Warriors go small, no one can match them, because they have the best shooters.
But I'd like to see someone make them play interior defense.  Small ball wasn't invented yesterday, its been around for years. The Warriors simply have 2 of the best shooters in the league and a scoring savant who is virtually unstoppable-in Durant.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-