Author Topic: Lebron interest in going to LA?  (Read 2576 times)

Lebron interest in going to LA?
« on: June 08, 2017, 04:27:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Didn't see this anywhere, some big names chiming in. Would be fascinating.

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-finals-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-los-angeles-lakers-clippers-25e353094845

Rumblings across the league suggest that LeBron will consider taking his talents out West, as Bill Simmons and I discussed this week on The Bill Simmons Podcast. The LeBron noise echoes what The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski wrote last year: With a Finals victory for Cleveland secure, James could get to “run off with his buddies again somewhere warm.”
Multiple league sources I’ve spoken to think the Lakers or Clippers are viable destinations for King James. Jalen Rose said this week on First Take that he expects LeBron to make a move from Cleveland to California, where he already owns a house 30 minutes away from Staples Center. The Lakers make sense if LeBron wants to build a sustainable winner with a core blend of veterans and youthful talent like Paul George — if, as NBA gossip suggests, George truly is “hell-bent” on going to L.A. — and Brandon Ingram.

Re: Lebron interest in going to LA?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 04:29:54 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I listened to the podcast and I think this is the NBA version of idle gossip. That or people were making up stories to talk about since the finals have been much less interesting than expected.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 04:37:14 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I really don't see him leaving Cleveland again (unless to play with his son years from now), but I suppose anything is possible. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 05:01:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I listened to the podcast and I think this is the NBA version of idle gossip. That or people were making up stories to talk about since the finals have been much less interesting than expected.

Well definitely with respect to Simmons. He is pretty much the gossip source for NBA. I guess the fact that Woj apparently said it perked up my ears a little bit. I also don't know if Jalen is more of a straight shooter with player contacts or just  going for ratings.

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 05:12:48 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Well definitely with respect to Simmons. He is pretty much the gossip source for NBA. I guess the fact that Woj apparently said it perked up my ears a little bit. I also don't know if Jalen is more of a straight shooter with player contacts or just  going for ratings.
I love me some NBA gossip so I ate up that podcast, I just don't think LeBron leaving is likely.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 05:16:05 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Fine with me if he goes West.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 05:24:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Would be hard for him to put CLE through that drama a 2nd time. Doubt he would do that. 

But his legacy is important to him, particularly the # of rings.  CLE will have a tough time reshaping that roster to beat GSW.

I am particularly impressed with GSW bench. Guys like Livingston and Iguadala.  CLE bench is so much worse.

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 05:25:01 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Keep in mind that Woj hates Lebron.  A comment like that seems more like him taking a shot at Lebron than a real rumor
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 05:58:06 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If the Lakers could put this together. Watch out.

Randle
 LeBron
 P George
 Ingram
 Lonzo Ball

Plus they have D'Angelo Russell and Clarkson to trade for a center.

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 06:14:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lebron isn't going to the Western Conference any time soon. He probably would like to make the Finals again.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 06:15:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Keep in mind that Woj hates Lebron.  A comment like that seems more like him taking a shot at Lebron than a real rumor

I don't really get why Lebron playing out west is a shot at Lebron? He already has left Cleveland once and come back. So it is not like this is a Kobe or Dirk thing where they have been there 15 years without leaving. He also has already won them a title there and broke all the curses. So what is the difference? He is also getting to the age where people move around a lot.
I don't think it broke Bulls fans hearts when as an old timer Jordan played for the Wizards.
I don't think we cared as celtics fans when Pierce played for the Clippers or wizards once he had already played for the Nets
I don't even think fans cared when Wade left the Heat as he aged. (I mean they did some, but not a ton).

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 06:19:24 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Randle
 LeBron
 P George
 Ingram
 Lonzo Ball

Hate to break it to y'all but that's a championship contending team.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 06:21:43 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Randle
 LeBron
 P George
 Ingram
 Lonzo Ball

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 06:29:59 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Lebron isn't going to the Western Conference any time soon. He probably would like to make the Finals again.
I agree.  If he goes West, he may not even be able to get past Kawhi and the Spurs to even get to the WCF. 

In order for George and Lebron to team up, the Lakers would have to dump the Deng and Morzgov contracts which is much easier said than done.  It would be simpler and smarter to form another super team in Brooklyn.  At least they'd probably get to the finals. 

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 06:31:05 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Randle
 LeBron
 P George
 Ingram
 Lonzo Ball

Hate to break it to y'all but that's a championship contending team.

The timeline just doesn't work at all. I would hate to see the Lakers get Lebron for free, but they would need Ingram and Ball to very quickly become stars. That roster doesn't get them close to beating GSW.

Honestly, Lebron's best chance at a title would be to join the Cs. IT/Horford are on a similar scale to Irving/Love, but we have much better role players, who we would of course keep (and pay luxury tax on) or trade along with Brown or Fultz for another significant upgrade.