Author Topic: Should the NBA suspend LeBron James for kicking Andre Iguodala in the groin?  (Read 2897 times)

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Should the NBA suspend LeBron James for kicking Andre Iguodala in the groin? The internet thinks so:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/06/should_the_nba_suspend_lebron.html

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Should the NBA suspend LeBron James for kicking Andre Iguodala in the groin? The internet thinks so:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/06/should_the_nba_suspend_lebron.html

Didn't look deliberate to me.

If it was, yes, the league should suspend him. Would they ever? No. Not unless he stabbed someone on the court.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

If it was, yes, the league should suspend him. Would they ever? No. Not unless he stabbed someone on the court.

But if it was an accidental stabbing, it'd be OK...

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
The kickout definitely wasn't a natural act but it was more about drawing a foul than anything else.

Nothing will come of this.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Retroactive flagrant is good enough.  I'd say a flagrant 2, but it will probably be a flagrant 1.

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The kickout definitely wasn't a natural act but it was more about drawing a foul than anything else.

Nothing will come of this.

NBA will call it inadvertent in it's 2 minute review...

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Probably.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

well played and a tp. and was the stabbing motion simply a natural part of his shot?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Retroactive flagrant is good enough.  I'd say a flagrant 2, but it will probably be a flagrant 1.
that is my guess which is what happened to Green last year.  Of course Green had so many flagrant fouls that it triggered a suspension, but the actual kick did not yield a suspension directly.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

well played and a tp. and was the stabbing motion simply a natural part of his shot?  ;D

Yes, and the knife is just an extension of Brons hand!

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Even if LeBron meant it they shouldn't suspend him. The last thing the league needs is LeBron missing game 4.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I'm more ticked that they let Lebron get away with that blatant technical toward the end of the game where he slammed the ball down on the ground after his costly turnover. That's literally always an automatic technical foul for everyone else, even in like high school and college ball.

I mean, the game was pretty much already over at that point, but it's the accumulation of those little things that the superstars get away with that tick me off the most.

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm more ticked that they let Lebron get away with that blatant technical toward the end of the game where he slammed the ball down on the ground after his costly turnover. That's literally always an automatic technical foul for everyone else, even in like high school and college ball.

I mean, the game was pretty much already over at that point, but it's the accumulation of those little things that the superstars get away with that tick me off the most.

Ha! I actually thought the same thing when I saw it.  I got called for it once in CYC after I got fouled on a layup attempt.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Ha! I actually thought the same thing when I saw it.  I got called for it once in CYC after I got fouled on a layup attempt.

Yeah, I also thought the same.  Smart might have been given a double tech.

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
Yes, for at least a year.