Author Topic: Idea - Trade IT to the Nuggets  (Read 751 times)

Idea - Trade IT to the Nuggets
« on: June 08, 2017, 12:14:01 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
With Thomas wanting to get paid next year, and personally I think it would be a bad investment for the future.  So when looking at the future I'm saying we stay younger and keep building but stay competitive. 

Denver is looking for a star to put next to Jokic and the young core.  I think Thomas would be a great fit for them, getting that all star and let them fade in the west and pay Thomas.  They'd been in trade talks wanting George, but don't think he'd resign.  So this is the trade proposal I've thought of and it works out.

Celtics Trades
Isaiah Thomas
Jordan Mickey (clears up a roster spot)
Boston 2018 1st

Nuggets Trades
Emmanuel Mudiay
Denver's 13th pick

Mudiay is another point guard but is an upgrade over Rozier as a back up.  Letting us either trade Rozier or Mudiay to whoever would give us another wing or big.  Maybe calling up the Pacers at the deadline and offering up one of them with the a couple 1st if they know they can't keep George and we make a push for the playoffs.  The 13th pick is one I like because some good young bigs are here.  Jarrett Allen, Justin Patton, Ike Anigbogu, all in this area.  I know these are not the name like Thomas would have but looking at the future, because Thomas isn't going to win us a title. 

Also with getting the 13 I think it could give us an opportunity to go after Jimmy Butler still.  Giving the Bulls the 13th, Crowder, Mudiay or Rozier, Zeller (cap) and say Boston 2019 1st, Clippers 2019 1st, would be a nice haul even without the Brooklyn pick.  Say this trade happens we could still be very dangerous in the East.  If you don't trade for Butler we could still sign Hayward and be just as dangerous now and in the future more so. 

This was just a different trade I was looking at because it gives us the ability to keep Bradley and Smart long term.