Author Topic: (one last post) How to re-tool Cavs  (Read 1961 times)

(one last post) How to re-tool Cavs
« on: June 08, 2017, 12:56:24 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I know I said that was finished on here but I couldn't help myself one last time haha

New Orleans: Kevin Love
New York: Tristan Thompson
Cleveland: Carmelo Anthony, DeMarcus Cousins

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yct2e8ff

New Orleans essentially flips Hield and a pick to Love and makes a more appropriate front court for Davis and Love is locked in to a long term deal.

New York rids themselves of Carmelo and rebuilds around Porzingis with Thompson who is also a good fit (e.g. Chandler/Dirk) Thompson is also locked down to a long term deal.

Cleveland needs to become better suited to counter Golden State and Cousins and Anthony are the perfect combo, Lebron is also a no nonsense guy who will force Cousins and Anthony to give 100%. Cousins would destroy Green if the Warriors go small and Anthony can spread the floor better as a modern Power Forward.

Cousins
Anthony
James
Smith
Irving
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 01:22:43 AM by slightly biased bias fan »

Re: (one last post) How to re-tool Cavs
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 01:38:42 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
if all these trades went through the Cavs only players over 6'6 would be Lebron and Cousins (Frye if he doesn't retire, but not exactly a big) While cousins would help, I don't think it is a big gain for them get him at the expense of their only two rebounders.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 01:51:56 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Melo is 6'8" and Im sure they could find a halfway decent center willing to ring chase and sign for the minimum.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 02:28:16 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'd try to make an offer around low first rounders and role players for Cousins (like Crowder+Memphis 1st+Clippers 1st+KO+2 of our late 2nds in 17).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 02:44:56 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
I'd try to make an offer around low first rounders and role players for Cousins (like Crowder+Memphis 1st+Clippers 1st+KO+2 of our late 2nds in 17).

all that for a rental? if we wanted him and would have given that up we would have done it for these playoffs and next year.

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 03:07:12 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

all that for a rental? if we wanted him and would have given that up we would have done it for these playoffs and next year.
It's considerably less than what NOP gave up for DMC. I think it's a good deal since we aren't resigning KO anyway.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 05:49:07 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Cousins makes sense. Melo doesnt and that was a low ball for melo Thompson is horrible.

Id do the Cousins deal and try Thompson for cap space to get Reddick and Taj. Keep Smith coming off the bench.

Irving, Reddick, LeBron, Taj, Cousins
Shump, Smith, Korver, Williams, Frye

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 06:11:57 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Bill Simmons said on his podcast there are legit rumblings around the league that LeBron finishes his career in LA. So he thinks a PG13 for love trade is realistic, because the cavs don't care if it's a rental, Lebron would be leaving anyway, and it sheds them of KLove's contract.  I also didnt know this, but David Griffin said at the Sloan conference this year while talking about the pick they traded for Korver,  "We protected that pick for because you never know. If Kevin, Kyrie, and LeBron aren't here that protection is pretty important"  Some interesting stuff, and oh yeah, they haven't resigned Griffin yet.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 07:01:50 AM by JohnBoy65 »

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 06:38:59 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
New Orleans: Kevin Love
New York: Tristan Thompson
Cleveland: Carmelo Anthony, DeMarcus Cousins

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yct2e8ff
Really interesting deal and I think it makes a lot of sense on paper. But I think New Orleans is going to want to see what they have in Cousins/Davis so I doubt he gets traded.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 07:34:15 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Your assuming LeBron stays, which he may not do so.   

Why would anyone here want to help retool the Cavs.  We have to go through them, so I do not want to improve them ever unless it helps us for a long time down the road.

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 08:21:48 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Personally I couldn't care less about retooling a team that is not the Celtics. I certainly don't want to retool the Cavs. The Cavs don't want to make good trades - they just want to receive the best players for little to nothing. They want ring chasers at bare minimum salaries and I expect they will try to acquire PG13 or Melo for next to nothing and replace some of their dead weight (Dante Jones, James Jones, Richard Jefferson, etc.) with some new ring chasers.

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 03:12:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Here's my Cavs trade for this summer, Thompson and Fry out and Deng and Randle in. Cavs gain a big wing defender, that can score and a young rebounder that has some offense. Lakers get championship experience and a center going forward that can anchor their defense and also dump Deng for more playing time for Ingram...