Poll

Is LeBron finished winning rings

Yes
15 (55.6%)
No
12 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Poll: True or false, LeBron is finished with 3 rings  (Read 2656 times)

Poll: True or false, LeBron is finished with 3 rings
« on: June 07, 2017, 07:30:49 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I think he is unless he joins the Celtics

Re: Poll: True or false, LeBron is finished with 3 rings
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 07:34:58 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Celtics aren’t the only team that could give him rings. If he really wants to win another ring and is willing to leave Cleveland, he could go to a team like the wolves and they would definitely win in the future.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 07:38:00 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
He stampeded through the east so he's gonna probably have at least 3-5 more finals to attempt to get one

If anything he's using the playoffs to stack on stats now its pretty clear he wants to break records
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 07:46:32 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 07:47:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I don't see how one can draw this conclusion? He stampeded through the east so he's gonna probably have at least 3-5 more finals to attempt to get one

5 more years he will be 37 and have just about every minutes played record in the history of the league. Maybe he is hanging on as a role player at that point, but I don't think that it is his personality. He probably plays 3 more years given how competitive he is where he will not want to be severely athletically outmatched.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I don't see how one can draw this conclusion? He stampeded through the east so he's gonna probably have at least 3-5 more finals to attempt to get one

5 more years he will be 37 and have just about every minutes played record in the history of the league. Maybe he is hanging on as a role player at that point, but I don't think that it is his personality. He probably plays 3 more years given how competitive he is where he will not want to be severely athletically outmatched.
I think he will want to play at the same time while his son plays in the league which is 6 more years

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 07:51:02 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Yes it's the end because we're coming for him next year
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 07:52:43 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
False = LeBron will get another with a reloaded Cavs team at some point.

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 07:56:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

I think he will want to play at the same time while his son plays in the league which is 6 more years

So his kid is 12 right now right? Kind of hard to assume this kid is in the NBA after a 1 and done career before high school. I think given how much he admires Jordan and how competitive it is, he really would hate to be a 38 year old bench player. If this is something he would really be into I would bet he would retire and come back at 4 ala jordan for the challenge.

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 08:17:07 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I dont believe Lebron will win another ring as the best player on his team.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 08:25:48 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I seriously doubt James would be a bench player at age 38.  The most likely comparison based on body size is Karl Malone and he was still starting and playing over 30 mpg at 39 (and started until he retired).  Kareem, Garnett, Jordan, etc. were all starting until they retired older than 38 though did scale back the minutes a lot (well not MJ he played 37 mpg at age 39. Heck Dirk just finished this past year starting and playing 26 mpg at age 38
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 08:33:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
False = LeBron will get another with a reloaded Cavs team at some point.
I think he'll get another with some team, not necessarily the Cavs, that have loaded up with at least of couple of other all-stars.

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 08:40:02 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I seriously doubt James would be a bench player at age 38.  The most likely comparison based on body size is Karl Malone and he was still starting and playing over 30 mpg at 39 (and started until he retired).  Kareem, Garnett, Jordan, etc. were all starting until they retired older than 38 though did scale back the minutes a lot (well not MJ he played 37 mpg at age 39. Heck Dirk just finished this past year starting and playing 26 mpg at age 38

You can't look at just age. You also have to look at minutes played which directly results in wear and tear. Lebron started young and his playoff experience (2nd in minutes to Tim Duncan) means more wear and tear than the average 32 year old. Lebron is 32 and has already played 50,000 minutes between the regular season and the playoffs. He's averaging 3,300 to 3,500 per year. He's already played more minutes than Jordan did in his whole career.

Karl Malone played until he was 40 (he was a physical freak like Lebron) but played a bit less than 63,000 total minutes. 'Bron will be 36/37 when he hits that mark. Dirk has a bit over 54,000 minutes. KG is somewhere north of 55k. Pierce is at 52k. All of those guys have had a noticeable decline in play.

To put it another way, if Dirk retires then Lebron will have more minutes played than any other active NBA player. Now I wouldn't put anything past that freak-of-nature. Lebron is one of a kind. But at some point the wear and tear will take its toll. If Lebron is still playing at 38, he'll likely be setting the record for the most minutes played in the NBA (combining regular season and playoffs). Will he start at that age? I'm not so sure if he'll still be playing. 
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 08:40:02 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I kind of think he is to be honest.

Warriors too good right now, and does anyone really think a team built with CP3-Melo-Wade-LBJ as the "core" can win it all now? Melo and CP3 aging, and Wade is now well past his prime.

Frankly, I don't think LBJ leaves CLE anytime soon either. And it's not like a team is giving up a bonafide star for Shumpert, Felder, 2021 and 2023 second rounders, etc...  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 09:01:18 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
If, as some posit above, lebron's primary desire is more rings,it is simple.

Join GSW for the vet minimum.  Rings galore.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:07:54 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 09:36:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

You can't look at just age. You also have to look at minutes played which directly results in wear and tear. Lebron started young and his playoff experience (2nd in minutes to Tim Duncan) means more wear and tear than the average 32 year old. Lebron is 32 and has already played 50,000 minutes between the regular season and the playoffs. He's averaging 3,300 to 3,500 per year. He's already played more minutes than Jordan did in his whole career.

Karl Malone played until he was 40 (he was a physical freak like Lebron) but played a bit less than 63,000 total minutes. 'Bron will be 36/37 when he hits that mark. Dirk has a bit over 54,000 minutes. KG is somewhere north of 55k. Pierce is at 52k. All of those guys have had a noticeable decline in play.

To put it another way, if Dirk retires then Lebron will have more minutes played than any other active NBA player. Now I wouldn't put anything past that freak-of-nature. Lebron is one of a kind. But at some point the wear and tear will take its toll. If Lebron is still playing at 38, he'll likely be setting the record for the most minutes played in the NBA (combining regular season and playoffs). Will he start at that age? I'm not so sure if he'll still be playing.
oh no question his minutes will be lower and he won't be anywhere near the best player in the world but he will probably be a starting PF at 38.  And I didn't say it here but I do think LeBron would love to play with his kid.  I think that the possibility of that along with the all time scoring mark will keep Lebron playing till he is 40, especially if the Cavs are still a quality team (which they very well might be because while they are old Irving, Love, and Thompson are not).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip