Author Topic: 4 Team - BOS PHX PHI DET  (Read 3465 times)

Re: 4 Team - BOS PHX PHI DET
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 01:04:55 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Oh goodness, no.

I don't think either Chriss or Okafor will be as good as either Crowder or Bradley were this past season. Chriss still has a lot of upside given his athleticism but I didn't see anything from him that would make me confident he's ever going to be more than a great athlete.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 03:25:38 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
I love Crowder and Bradley.  Both have proven they can play a large role on a competitive team.  But both players have their shortfalls.  Both are incapable of creating their own shot.  We go through deep offensive lulls because IT is the only one we can rely on.  Having a balance of defense/offense is important (part of why I want JO/MC together (offense/defense)).  Bradley is a lot more well rounded offensively but he either settles for jumpers or is a slasher.  Putting AB & JC next to an elite scorer & putting IT next to elite defenders is a match made in heaven.  This team fits well together & that is what we are currently seeing.  And I say that with the utmost respect to AB who has been playing fantastic basketball, especially in the post season, hes been making some solid strides offensively this post season. 
In todays NBA, big men are in hire demand than SG/SF.  With that being said, its a SF league, but a superstar SF (James Durant George Leonard Butler Hayward etc) league.  Jae Crowder is a 3 and D player, & an elite defender.  JO is elite in the paint.  JO is elite at what he does but teams stay away because of his defense, which I believe could be minimized next to Marquese Chriss.  Its OK to take on players who have weakness' in one area but are very solid in others (think Greg Monroe on the Bucks).  (I AM NOT AT ALL EVEN REMOTELY COMPARING CHRISS TO DRAYMOND GREEN IN ANY UNIVERSE WHATSOEVER) But Draymond played a monstrosic role on pre-KD (and still right now obviously) GSW teams while averaging 12 points a game.  This BOS team right now proves that team chemistry and how players fit next to each other with complimentary skillsets is extremely important.  In a vacuum I really like Okafor and Chriss, but I like both next to Smart Fultz Brown even more (you have athletes, you have defenders, you have facilitators, you have iso scorers, the floor is stretched).
You might not be "in love" with MC and JO, but this is a good deal to acquire both.  Outside of the clear big men who are either not available or you would have to trade an arm and a league for (Porzingis, Towns, Embiid, Gobert) name a young big who you would like to pair with the Smart Fultz Brown core.  Turner is the only one who comes to mind, and IND wouldnt do Turner straight up for Bradley Crowder.  Okafor and Chriss were both drafted top 10 for a reason, they are good at what they do (they have niche's) and both are oozing potential.
Players are drafted left and right for "what they can become".  Theirs a premium to pay (established players) for a 19 year old kid on a rookie scale contract locked up for 10 years who are only going to get better.  Yes obviously trading for MC or JO is entirely dependent on where you see their potential, and I respect that your not high on either so you wouldnt make the trade.  BUT at the same time, all due respect to AB and JC, both are very tradable players if your high on JO MC.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 03:32:44 PM by bmac934 »

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 09:21:14 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't think Ainge will trade Crowder or Smart if he trades Bradley. That would be cutting too much into their core defense, which is a major part of the team.