Author Topic: Lebron wants to win, thinks he is doing great  (Read 3963 times)

Re: Lebron wants to win, thinks he is doing great
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 04:21:19 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
This is just a silly post.  Is James not supposed to be confident?  They lost the first two last year by a wider margin and ended up winning.  Obviously GS added Durant, but until GS wins 4, you would expect the best player in the world to believe his team will especially when this is his stat line through 2 games.

28.5 p, 13 r, 11 a, 1.5 s, 1.5 b, 6 t, 3 f while shooting 18 of 29 from two, 3 of 9 from three, and 12 of 17 from the line.  The turnovers are bad and his three point shooting is a bit lower than normal (his FT shooting is always lower than it should be but that is about normal for him), but other than that he has played incredibly well.  His team however has not played well, especially the role players.  And it has been shown time and time again role players play better at home then they do on the road, so I would absolutely expect Thompson, Smith, Korver, Jefferson, Shumpert, Williams, and Frye to play a lot better and similarly Pachulia, McGee, Livingston, Clark, and West to play a lot worse.  Now will that be enough to give the Cavs the edge, who knows, but I'd be surprised if the Warriors pulled away in any game in Cleveland (they might win, but it would be a dog fight).  I do think the Cavs win tonight, game 4 will be the one that will be an interesting pick (if the Cavs do win game 3).

I for the most part just shared James own comments from a front page article on ESPN. My only comment was that I thought it would be his most humbling moment if he was swept. What part do you disagree with? Was it stupid of ESPN to post the article? Do you disagree it would be humbling if he was swept? I do admire your going down with the ship approach Moranis. I'll give you that.
yes.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 04:27:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
This is just a silly post.  Is James not supposed to be confident?  They lost the first two last year by a wider margin and ended up winning.  Obviously GS added Durant, but until GS wins 4, you would expect the best player in the world to believe his team will especially when this is his stat line through 2 games.

28.5 p, 13 r, 11 a, 1.5 s, 1.5 b, 6 t, 3 f while shooting 18 of 29 from two, 3 of 9 from three, and 12 of 17 from the line.  The turnovers are bad and his three point shooting is a bit lower than normal (his FT shooting is always lower than it should be but that is about normal for him), but other than that he has played incredibly well.  His team however has not played well, especially the role players.  And it has been shown time and time again role players play better at home then they do on the road, so I would absolutely expect Thompson, Smith, Korver, Jefferson, Shumpert, Williams, and Frye to play a lot better and similarly Pachulia, McGee, Livingston, Clark, and West to play a lot worse.  Now will that be enough to give the Cavs the edge, who knows, but I'd be surprised if the Warriors pulled away in any game in Cleveland (they might win, but it would be a dog fight).  I do think the Cavs win tonight, game 4 will be the one that will be an interesting pick (if the Cavs do win game 3).

I for the most part just shared James own comments from a front page article on ESPN. My only comment was that I thought it would be his most humbling moment if he was swept. What part do you disagree with? Was it stupid of ESPN to post the article? Do you disagree it would be humbling if he was swept? I do admire your going down with the ship approach Moranis. I'll give you that.
This is another in a long line of posts you have with respect to James in a negative light.  It is clear you only posted this to follow along with your long narrative of bashing James.  that is apparent by picking and choosing only parts of the article and then adding your nonsense about it being a humbling experience.   

What part of the article am I presenting that makes him look bad?
This is his only other quote on the article: (I included everything else he said, including context)

"And obviously they probably got a bad taste in their mouth after what happened last year, and we had one in our mouth last year from what happened the year before. I've had a few bad tastes in my mouth from what happened in the Finals. And I've always had that feeling, so it never changed for me."

I don't think this is particularly meaty stuff that I am sharing. It is just the main article on ESPN right now about the series so I shared it on a slow news day. So there are two things here
1) I don't get what is negative here again (you haven't explained it to me)
2) Are you saying I am being negative by pointing out it would be humbling if he got swept? I kind of thought that would go without saying.... what is controversial about it?

I get you like James, everyone on the board gets that actually, but it really seems like you are grasping at straws here. This isn't even a negative piece about him. It is sharing a benign news story about him on a slow news day. Should we spend the rest of the day discussing where Fultz could eat a burger with Ainge next to appease you?

Edit: Additional question Moranis, is your first name Brian in real life?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 04:36:15 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 04:30:06 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

yes.

Fair enough.. but on a day we have multiple threads discussing the best burger places in boston, where Fultz ate with ainge and Dwight Howard adding a 3pt shot we are not exactly crushing it with compelling topics at the moment.

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 05:32:50 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
Seriously, who quotes their own individual stats in a series in which their team is losing? LeBron is a great player, but arguably the most obnoxious professional athlete that I've seen in a long time.

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 05:49:00 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Seriously, who quotes their own individual stats in a series in which their team is losing? LeBron is a great player, but arguably the most obnoxious professional athlete that I've seen in a long time.

I agree.

Bron Bron is a polarizing figure. Fans deify the guy and critics are overcome by his self-love. I'm in the latter category. Sickening to me really....the entitlement, the whininess, the shameless sell aggrandizing and the pontification.

To me, he is the enemy....always has been and will be until he retires since he stands in the way of Celtic success.

Sadly,

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 06:13:02 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I guess in that lens it is a little obnoxious. I hadn't really thought about it but it is hard to imagine KG or Pierce talking about how thy were averaging 11 boards in a series we were losing (or winning for that matter).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 08:02:12 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 07:24:33 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Egocentrism is the inability to differentiate between self and other. More specifically, it is the inability to untangle subjective schemas from objective reality; an inability to understand or assume any perspective other than their own

Picture of LeBron

Seriously, what do guys expect him to say  "  We are going to get beat this series, I've played well, but the other team is better than my team mates"?

He has always thought he was the center of universe and the league in the past has always covered him in terms of FTAs on low scoring nights and even last year kicked out a critical player for the other team.   Green deserved to be suspended but the timing of it was suspect.

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 08:42:17 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
PP & KG, if losing a series but posting impressive numbers, would say they themselves need to play better to help the team win.

Pretty sure that actually happened a time or two.

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 09:14:20 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
By the article, it sounds like he was asked a somewhat leading question, something like "are you losing because you are tired from guarding Durant." The question isn't written, but the answer he gives would suggest that was the implication of the question.

I guess he should have just said "No I am not tired. <generic comment about digging deep>, <generic platitude about Golden State>, <more generic comments>."

Instead he said "no, I'm not tired, I'm guarding an MVP and putting up a triple double; they beat us in the finals and it hurt us, we beat them in the finals and it stung them. I want to win, they want to win."