Poll

Who says no?

Philly
Boston
Both teams say no
Fair trade

Author Topic: #1 + Bradley for #3 + Saric + Lakers 2018 + Sacramento 2019  (Read 8673 times)

Re: #1 + Bradley for #3 + Saric + Lakers 2018 + Sacramento 2019
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2017, 12:10:18 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Please give me a link to one legitimate report the Sixers are interested in Bradley. I have never read that anywhere. Why would they deal for a player who will likely leave in a year unless they overpay?

Adrian Wojnarowski

@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: Philadelphia searching for defensive-minded guards to play with Ben Simmons. One target: Boston's Avery Bradley. No traction.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2017/2/23/14716060/nba-trade-rumors-sixers-trade-celtics-avery-bradley-no-traction-danny-ainge-ben-simmons

Allright, thanks. I must have missed this. A lot of stuff has changed since then, with Boston getting the #1 pick and half a season coming off Bradley's deal. I can see Ainge being more open to a deal because the season is over now and we have Fultz, but unless you're just giving him the job we still need Bradley next season. I suppose you could always have Brown and Fultz fight for the job though.

I have to think that the Sixers are thinking they can get Bradley for cheap. Yes they are trying to actually construct a logical roster as opposed to straight asset accumulation now, but I can't see them offering one of their really valuable picks or foundational pieces (Simmons, Embiid, Saric) for Bradley who might leave for nothing. It's more likely they were trying to give us Okafor or some really far off in the future pick with protections.

If they offer the Lakers or their own pick in a "whatever is lower" situation, that's actually not a bad trade for someone who may not be in Boston's long term plans, but I just don't think Philly will go there for a possible rental.