Poll

Who says no?

Philly
Boston
Both teams say no
Fair trade

Author Topic: #1 + Bradley for #3 + Saric + Lakers 2018 + Sacramento 2019  (Read 8672 times)

Re: #1 + Bradley for #3 + Saric + Lakers 2018 + Sacramento 2019
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2017, 07:59:45 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Don't get the love for Saric. Not what the C's need right now.

???

C's don't need a big that can defend, score, pass and bang the boards for rebounds??

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2017, 08:01:02 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Avery Bradley
Marcus Smart
2019 SAC unprotected 1st
Jahlil Okafor

Both AB and Smart have 1 year left on their contracts and IMO are outdated farm equipment. With Fultz and Jaylen we are streamlining this farm into the next gen models. This deal has "Farm-Trader" deal of the year written all over it!

I'd rather have Saric than Okafor.

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2017, 08:07:09 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Please give me a link to one legitimate report the Sixers are interested in Bradley. I have never read that anywhere. Why would they deal for a player who will likely leave in a year unless they overpay?

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2017, 08:14:10 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Fultz is being way overrated on here.  Much better chance that he ends up topping out at the Kyrie level than at the Durant level.  Bradley is a 1 year rental so has very little value.   Ainge would do that trade in a second.  The Lakers pick is most likely top 5.  The Kings pick is mostly likely at least top 10.  The focus on Saric is weird since he's probably the least valuable of the pieces. 

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2017, 08:22:26 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Fultz is being way overrated on here.  Much better chance that he ends up topping out at the Kyrie level than at the Durant level.  Bradley is a 1 year rental so has very little value.   Ainge would do that trade in a second.  The Lakers pick is most likely top 5.  The Kings pick is mostly likely at least top 10.  The focus on Saric is weird since he's probably the least valuable of the pieces.
Interesting perspective. 

My instinct was to say that, I'd rather have a single #1 pick than 5+10. 

And I also feel AB is much better than Saric, and will be for next 3-4 seasons at least. 

While I'm very much on the 'make a deal' bandwagon, packaging AB him with the #1 overall is too rich an offer for my blood.   Seems like you only deal AB if you are set on keeping Fultz, or vice versa, from a team building perspective.

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2017, 08:33:00 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Don't get the love for Saric. Not what the C's need right now.

???

C's don't need a big that can defend, score, pass and bang the boards for rebounds??

They do. Too bad Saric isn't that player.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2017, 08:37:16 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Please give me a link to one legitimate report the Sixers are interested in Bradley. I have never read that anywhere. Why would they deal for a player who will likely leave in a year unless they overpay?
I haven't either.  He would be a pretty good fit but there is no reason for them to give up anything now.  They can wait a year and offer him a front loaded overpay without losing any assets. 

Personally, I think they should keep their assets for another year to see whether Embiid can stay healthy and how well Simmons develops.  If they were going to use some of there assets, I'd be looking at Butler or McCollum. 

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2017, 08:39:49 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
No way. Fultz gonna be best player out of all of them.
Absolutely not.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2017, 08:43:48 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Fultz topping out at Kyrie Irving level is pretty darn good.

Sixers have tons of cap space and would have no problem giving him a very generous contract.

If Ball transforms the Lakers like I think he can, they will compete well next year.  Point is, there is a high degree of unknown about the value of that pick.  It could be top 5. But I would bet that it won't be.  Imagine the Sixers are looking at it the same way.

Personally I wouldn't do the trade because I really like Fultz.

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2017, 09:06:03 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Adrian Wojnarowski

@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: Philadelphia searching for defensive-minded guards to play with Ben Simmons. One target: Boston's Avery Bradley. No traction.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2017/2/23/14716060/nba-trade-rumors-sixers-trade-celtics-avery-bradley-no-traction-danny-ainge-ben-simmons

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2017, 10:31:00 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Adrian Wojnarowski

@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: Philadelphia searching for defensive-minded guards to play with Ben Simmons. One target: Boston's Avery Bradley. No traction.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2017/2/23/14716060/nba-trade-rumors-sixers-trade-celtics-avery-bradley-no-traction-danny-ainge-ben-simmons
Well this pretty much makes this thread irrelevant. There's no traction from Boston's end of things. So everyone that didn't answer Boston in the poll(like me) is wrong.

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2017, 10:35:38 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Adrian Wojnarowski

@WojVerticalNBA

Well this pretty much makes this thread irrelevant. There's no traction from Boston's end of things. So everyone that didn't answer Boston in the poll(like me) is wrong.
That's not necessarily what this means.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2017, 11:08:10 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Adrian Wojnarowski

@WojVerticalNBA

it was also from the trade deadline when moving Bradley didn't make nearly as much sense as it does this summer.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2017, 11:20:43 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Adrian Wojnarowski

@WojVerticalNBA

it was also from the trade deadline when moving Bradley didn't make nearly as much sense as it does this summer.
Exactly. Things have changed since then. Assuming Hayward agrees to sign with the C's, we 'll have to create max cap space for him. Not to mention that IT-Bradley-Smart are all entering their contract year and in all likelihood we can't just resign all 3 of them.

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2017, 11:29:15 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I suspect the 76ers would want AB at the point defensivly. If they really want to give Simmons a chance as a true PG AB is the perfect player. I have always felt the same is true with the Bucks if they want greak freak at PG.

Giving up all those future assets to more up for Fultz and trade for AB makes little sense.

Like I just said in the other 76ers thread. AB for Saric straight trade. works for both sides
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet