Poll

Who says no?

Philly
Boston
Both teams say no
Fair trade

Author Topic: #1 + Bradley for #3 + Saric + Lakers 2018 + Sacramento 2019  (Read 8674 times)

Re: #1 + Bradley for #3 + Saric + Lakers 2018 + Sacramento 2019
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 10:47:21 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
The first time Boston ever gets the #1 pick in the NBA draft and they trade it for someone not named Anthony Davis? I'd be shocked and triggered.

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 10:59:19 AM »

Offline Ory

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 21
This isn't Joe Barry Carroll for McHale and Parrish. No deal. Keep your not number one picks, we will keep our first pick.

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 11:02:44 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Oops, didn't see Bradley in there. Change my "Philly" to a "Boston."

The deal that gets #1 out of my hands is #Saric, Philly 17, Sacramento and LA's picks. Since there is no way that Philly goes for that, trading #1 is a moot point.

Mike

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 12:03:46 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The first time Boston ever gets the #1 pick in the NBA draft and they trade it for someone not named Anthony Davis? I'd be shocked and triggered.

CSNNE keeps repeating that "first time ever" nonsense, but it's clearly not true. We had the #1 pick in 1980.

This might be the first time we use the pick, but it's not the first time we've had it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 12:54:28 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I absolutely do this.  I think there's a very good chance that whoever gets drafted at 3 is as good as Fultz.  I'd rather get #3 and Simmons though if I had the chance, I think his ceiling is much higher than Fultz.

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 01:17:39 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

CSNNE keeps repeating that "first time ever" nonsense, but it's clearly not true. We had the #1 pick in 1980.

This might be the first time we use the pick, but it's not the first time we've had it.

Yes, in 1980, we had the first pick and traded it.  That trade worked out pretty well.  We got the #1 pick in a trade with Detroit for Bob McAdoo IFRC.

This is why I don't understand why people are so "we can't trade this pick".  Interestingly enough, in 1980, we traded the #1 (Joe Barry Carroll) and 13th pick (Rickey Brown) and got back #3 (McHale) and Parish.  Maybe we should do this trade with Philly just to honor Red.  Trade the #1 for the #3 again and see if we can catch lightning twice.

I do this trade.  I have no idea if Fultz is going to be any better than any of the other 3-5 top picks in this draft.  Just like no one (except Red) knew that McHale was going to be way better than Joe Barry Carroll.

How about just Bradley for Saric.  We might come out ahead just on this.

Or how about Bradley for the Sac unprotected?  Wouldn't that be a good trade?  A likely high lottery pick for Bradley?  Then it is #1 for #3, Saric, and another unprotected high lottery pick.  I think we win both trades.

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 01:34:02 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Avery Bradley
Marcus Smart
2019 SAC unprotected 1st
Jahlil Okafor

Both AB and Smart have 1 year left on their contracts and IMO are outdated farm equipment. With Fultz and Jaylen we are streamlining this farm into the next gen models. This deal has "Farm-Trader" deal of the year written all over it!

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 01:37:51 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

Yes, in 1980, we had the first pick and traded it.  That trade worked out pretty well.  We got the #1 pick in a trade with Detroit for Bob McAdoo IFRC.

This is why I don't understand why people are so "we can't trade this pick".  Interestingly enough, in 1980, we traded the #1 (Joe Barry Carroll) and 13th pick (Rickey Brown) and got back #3 (McHale) and Parish.  Maybe we should do this trade with Philly just to honor Red.  Trade the #1 for the #3 again and see if we can catch lightning twice.

I do this trade.  I have no idea if Fultz is going to be any better than any of the other 3-5 top picks in this draft.  Just like no one (except Red) knew that McHale was going to be way better than Joe Barry Carroll.

Or how about Bradley for the Sac unprotected?  Wouldn't that be a good trade?  A likely high lottery pick for Bradley?  Then it is #1 for #3, Saric, and another unprotected high lottery pick.  I think we win both trades.
Doing a trade to honor Red....I've heard it all.

Honoring Red worked out great when we drafted Forte instead of Tony Parker.

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 01:41:25 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Also missed out on Zach Randolph and B. Hayward

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 02:12:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Avery Bradley
Marcus Smart
2019 SAC unprotected 1st
Jahlil Okafor

Both AB and Smart have 1 year left on their contracts and IMO are outdated farm equipment. With Fultz and Jaylen we are streamlining this farm into the next gen models. This deal has "Farm-Trader" deal of the year written all over it!
Jeez this is an appalling offer. We are giving up the first and second best player for a draft pick 2 years out and an injured backup big with half a foot out of the league.

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 02:13:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
My goodness, enough about Saric.

100% agree Phosita. It is approaching wondering if he has a family member on here trolling us.

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2017, 04:12:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Youth and more youth!  Sure is working out well for MIN, PHI, etc. lately, huh?!
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2017, 04:27:05 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Don't get the love for Saric. Not what the C's need right now.

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2017, 07:16:17 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

Also missed out on Zach Randolph and B. Hayward

Wow, 'dissing Red?  Now I have seen it all.

I was joking about doing a trade just to honor Red but I believe that if you look back on successful trades done by Red (or anyone else) and use that to test your own internal biases, it is a good way to make sure you are not missing something or falling into a dogma.  I have no problem trading this pick for a good trade.  I have not assumed that I know Fultz is way better than Tatum, Jackson, ....  If someone out there has over-valued the first pick and wants to offer something along the lines of the trade discussed in this thread, I am in.

Red's trade of the #1 pick in 1980 was perhaps the greatest trade in the history of the NBA.  If you think you know that Fultz is the next Michael Jordan  (third pick by the way), I guess you keep the pick and don't trade it for the 3rd pick and other picks.  Hakeem went #1 that year.  Can't argue with that pick.  Sam Bowie went #2.  Drafting is a crap shoot.  You just don't know.  I think it is probably 50/50 that Fultz is the player many think he will be.

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2017, 07:37:34 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Another trade idea to get Saric and add more draft assets? Enough already. Just draft the best player, Fultz.

You know if the roles were reversed and we ended up with the 3rd pick and Philly with the 1st pick this site would be awash with ideas to trade with Philly in order to get Fultz. We got the top pick and yet this board is full of trade ideas to dump Fultz for more assets.

I just don't get it.

BTW, I don't think either team does that trade.