Author Topic: Ford: Celtics still considering Ball, Tatum, Jackson, and Fox for 1st pick  (Read 4613 times)

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

KGLL to Ford: We are taking Fultz.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Insider Ford:                      I will just read out the top 5 candidates from the board.
Any person that can read:  I will just read out the top 5 candidates from the board.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Celtics are taking Fultz but out of Ball, Jackson, Monk id draft Jayson Tatum before any of them at #2. LA is crazy if they pass on Tatum i think he's the 2nd best prospect in the draft over Ball and Jackson

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
As they should. 

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Ford calls somebody on the Celtics, "Hey, I need a headline to grab some clicks. Can I say that you guys are still considering somebody other than Fultz?"

Somebody on the Celtics, "Sure, knock yourself out."

Mike

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Ford calls somebody on the Celtics, "Hey, I need a headline to grab some clicks. Can I say that you guys are still considering somebody other than Fultz?"

Mike

Ford, "Gee, thanks. I will repay you by giving you an A+ grade when you draft Fultz"

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Nothing is impossible in a world where Donald Trump is President, but I will eat my hat if Ainge takes Ball for any reason other than to trade him for a superstar.  Even the best version of Ball is still a guy you have to play at the point, surround with a good bit of talent to maximize his impact and still wait several years for his defense to hopefully get to at least average.

Mike

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Celtics nation would totally explode if Ainge takes anyone other that Fultz.

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Think the following is the money quote from the "Insider" article. I'd interpret it as that they were open to listening to offers (as they should).

Fultz has been the top guy on the Celtics' board for a while, but he's not the only player they're considering. Ball, De'Aaron Fox, Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum are also in the mix, according to sources.

A strong workout and interview could help seal the deal for Fultz.

Ford has another "Insider" article up today about whom the Fakers should/would take at 2 and Fultz isn't even mentioned as an option.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
nice to see clarification from the article.  Fultz being the top of our board means he's probably staying there

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Think the following is the money quote from the "Insider" article. I'd interpret it as that they were open to listening to offers (as they should).

Fultz has been the top guy on the Celtics' board for a while, but he's not the only player they're considering. Ball, De'Aaron Fox, Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum are also in the mix, according to sources.

A strong workout and interview could help seal the deal for Fultz.

Ford has another "Insider" article up today about whom the Fakers should/would take at 2 and Fultz isn't even mentioned as an option.

Given that, when asked, Danny said that he didn't really learn anything new (from the Fultz visit this week) about Fultz that he didn't already know, one probably could surmise that Fultz is thus still "the top guy on the Celtics' board".
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
As they should.

Of course. Having Fultz as nº 1 on your board doesn't mean you are not thinking about other guys, trades or any situation that can happen. I've said many times that GMs must be opened to all the possible circumstances.

I can't see news on this, for that reason. Sorry, Ford.

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

Mike

Ford, "Gee, thanks. I will repay you by giving you an A+ grade when you draft Fultz"

He won't even be able to retroactively correct his draft thoughts once he's gone from ESPN.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Oh, Stop !!!