Author Topic: Terrific Kwame Brown Interview  (Read 1009 times)

Terrific Kwame Brown Interview
« on: June 06, 2017, 11:31:58 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I had no clue Kwame Brown was so well-spoken.  I highly recommend everyone read this article -- Kwame Brown is often maligned on the basketball interwebs, and maybe he shouldn't be.  Here's a sample:

Someone wrote that my dad caused my scar with cigarettes, but that’s not true. My dad was in prison when I got the scar. A friend showed me that if you search for my full name on the internet, it said my name is Kwame James Brown. My middle name is Hasani. There’s so much misinformation out there that they can’t even get a name right! There was a report that Michael Jordan would make me cry in the front of the team (laughs). A guy who grew up like I grew up don’t really cry much. The report about him calling me a homophobic slur isn’t true.

The funny thing is, all the people who write this stuff were never there so that means they were either making these things up to sell papers or hearing it from someone else who was wrong or who made it up. That’s just plain old gossip, and it’s sad that media outlets would write things they have no clue about. But I guess I get it. Sometimes a lie sounds better than the truth and it sells more papers or magazines. But it’s at someone else’s expense.

I think there’s a bigger reason why the media constantly put a negative spin on things involving me: I think the league wants to justify the one-and-done rule. They act like, somehow, it’s better for a kid to go to college for four months and be a one-and-done player rather than going straight to the NBA. I think they’ve made me the poster child for why players shouldn’t go straight to the NBA from high school.
http://hoopshype.com/2017/06/02/kwame-brown-opens-up-about-his-nba-career-facing-criticism-michael-jordan-and-more/

Re: Terrific Kwame Brown Interview
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 11:41:58 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Good read. TP.

Seems like he's had a lot of self realization post NBA career which is a great thing for him.
Even if you are a bust, you're still a millionaire, you're still healthy, and you're still living in the USA.
Good for him keeping it so real.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Terrific Kwame Brown Interview
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 01:02:49 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Great interview indeed. While he is/was a punchline, I respect the guy. He didn't get his fair shake IMO, but he's got a great attitude. He's made a lot of money in his career and seems to have a very good head on his shoulders, so I'm sure he will be successful and happy after basketball. I wish him luck in the 3on3 league.
CELTICS 2024