Author Topic: Ainge says Fultz meeting "went well"  (Read 11014 times)

Re: Ainge says Fultz meeting "went well"
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2017, 04:38:08 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
lol Danny has made his pick, it is Fultz.

The only reason he would appear to be cool on Fultz is because he has decided to take him. If Fultz did not blow away Danny he would have talked him up so as to sucker someone into taking him.

This tepid response is like a guy who just won the lottery and does not want anyone to know how lucky he feels.

Is Fultz a bigger Kyrie with better defense? If he is that scoring is exactly what the Celtics need and Fultz is a perfect fit...

I hope he is a better defender...bc Kyrie has been nothing short of garbage in the defensive department vs GSW

Fultz has far superior physical attributes that should lead to a much better defender. Fultz has a 6'10" wingspan and Kyrie  has a 6'4" wingspan, Fultz is much bigger and just as fast.

I think Fultz is also a much better and more willing passer. Kyrie's biggest flaw outside of his defense is his tendency to get too caught up in his own isolation offense at times. I don't really see that with Fultz, who was more than willing to be a playmaker and set others up, too.

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2017, 11:26:23 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
lol Danny has made his pick, it is Fultz.

The only reason he would appear to be cool on Fultz is because he has decided to take him. If Fultz did not blow away Danny he would have talked him up so as to sucker someone into taking him.

This tepid response is like a guy who just won the lottery and does not want anyone to know how lucky he feels.

Is Fultz a bigger Kyrie with better defense? If he is that scoring is exactly what the Celtics need and Fultz is a perfect fit...

That's a good comp for his ceiling, but right now he's still a guy who has never played an NBA game.

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2017, 09:46:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
ESPN’s Jeff Goodman spoke to Boston’s WEEI about the top-three in an appearance over the weekend recently..

Nothing in a workout or what I hear from a workout is really going to change [anything]. From what I was told, Fultz didn’t shoot the ball exceptionally well in his workout in Boston, but they know he can shoot the ball. It’s one workout, it’s a one-on-zero deal.

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2017, 10:07:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
When asked about the food at their lunch Ainge said, 'It was fine. Don't get me wrong the food wasn't an issue. We knew a lot about the menu before hand and we didn't really learn anything'

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2017, 10:10:14 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
When asked about the food at their lunch Ainge said, 'It was fine. Don't get me wrong the food wasn't an issue. We knew a lot about the menu before hand and we didn't really learn anything'

Lol, TP ;D.

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2017, 11:34:39 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Sounds like Ainge was not too happy about the individual workout aspect of it though, I wonder why Fultz didnt agree to work out against anyone else?

He's the clearcut top prospect.  What benefit is it to him to work out against anyone?

Danny doesn't care...

He probably thinks Jordan/Kobe as great as they were....would be up for the challenge

Jaylen Brown was up for the challenge last year

fans need to forget how the 76ers or wolves choose their players. Danny is different

Are you kidding me?

Get over it. Fultz is clearly, and decisively, a better prospect than Jackson.

Picking Jackson over Fultz would be an epic, epic fail.

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2017, 11:38:45 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Clever, TP.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers