Author Topic: Favorite Burger Joint  (Read 9801 times)

Re: Favorite Burger Joint
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2017, 11:39:27 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Charlie's Kitchen in Harvard Square used to have unreal burgers. Haven't been there in about 15 years, and it looks like it's changed a lot since then, but they were great. Might have to head up there this weekend to grab a burger and check out the new (to me) beer garden. Wahlburgers actually makes a good, but overpriced, burger.

As for drive-thru style chains: In-N-Out is king.

Charlie's food has been high quality for years -- while their look has changed a bit, their menu hasn't (at least since I started going in 2005).  Can't vouch for their burgers, but if you used to like them, you probably still will.

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2017, 12:09:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Charlie's Kitchen in Harvard Square used to have unreal burgers. Haven't been there in about 15 years, and it looks like it's changed a lot since then, but they were great. Might have to head up there this weekend to grab a burger and check out the new (to me) beer garden. Wahlburgers actually makes a good, but overpriced, burger.

As for drive-thru style chains: In-N-Out is king.

Charlie's food has been high quality for years -- while their look has changed a bit, their menu hasn't (at least since I started going in 2005).  Can't vouch for their burgers, but if you used to like them, you probably still will.

Charlie's in Kenmore used to be pretty amazing at 2:00 AM!  Double cheeseburger special with side salad and fries for $5.99.  Ohhhh yeh!
Yup

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2017, 12:16:21 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
My top 2 favorite burger joints.
1. In Vegas, surprised in such a blow me away way. Gordan Ramsay Burger, Hell's Kitchen burger. I was expecting good, what I got was holy Sh!T Wow!It had asadero cheese, roasted jalapeños, avocado, roasted tomatoes, and jalapeño pesto aïoli on it and it ruined me for life. Will be on my list of places to eat on every future business trip.
2. Father's Office in Santa Monica- You cant modify the burger, or even get ketchup on it, but it is super awesome. Next time you are walking the pier and have a burger craving there, go towards Montana and 10th and enjoy!
3. Raouls in NYC. This is a highly rated restaurant and probably not the place you would expect to find a die for burger but be prepared. Heaven has arrived in burger format in New York. Try it if you can get lucky enough to get one. They only make 12 a night and you need to be at bar to get one. Rumor has it that will change shortly but for now, its 12 a night!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:25:46 PM by BringToughnessBack »

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2017, 12:17:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
for burger chains, 5 Guys has been the best I've tried as well as Ted's Montana Grill (the bison meat breakfast burger was awesome) which is now longer around where I live. 

for one-off restaurants, there was a burger place in Pawtucket RI that was pretty good - The Burger Bar but they've just closed.  Now finding the best burger near me is the Hungry Goat (Pawtucket) with their short-rib burger.  that's good eats.  Also have enjoyed Boneyard BBQ's (Seekonk, MA) burger with pulled pork to be very good. 

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2017, 12:20:57 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Uburger in Kenmore Square. Opened up back when I was at BU. Their burger and frappes are good.

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2017, 12:33:10 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Farm fresh, hormone free, ground on site, grass fed, all-natural beef cooked on my own charcoal grill please.

When I'm lazy, I'll go for a Five Guys.  Just on the other side of town.

I really like Five Guys burgers, but the cost keeps me away.

It's all we have here in Dover, NH besides the typical McDonalds, Wendy's, and Burger King garbage (Wendy's is edible at least - I guess).  For a town of ~30k that's expected.  The Five Guys has only been here for a few years, and I was completely blown away when I found out they were coming to town.

Head up the road to Rochester or York for Wild Willy's. High quality meat cooked to order and dressed the way you want it.

http://www.wildwillysburgers.com/

For a classic fried-on-the-flattop burger head to Gilly's in Portsmouth. Cheap and greasy. Reminds me of a girl I once dated.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2017, 12:35:17 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
b.good  ✔@b_good_
If that guy brings #18 he gets free food for life ☘️☘️☘️☘️ https://twitter.com/jeremyrubin10/status/871896533205176322
10:35 PM - 5 Jun 2017

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2017, 12:38:22 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
Farm fresh, hormone free, ground on site, grass fed, all-natural beef cooked on my own charcoal grill please.

It's all we have here in Dover, NH besides the typical McDonalds, Wendy's, and Burger King garbage (Wendy's is edible at least - I guess).  For a town of ~30k that's expected.  The Five Guys has only been here for a few years, and I was completely blown away when I found out they were coming to town.

Head up the road to Rochester or York for Wild Willy's. High quality meat cooked to order and dressed the way you want it.

For a classic fried-on-the-flattop burger head to Gilly's in Portsmouth. Cheap and greasy. Reminds me of a girl I once dated.

Love Wild Willy's. Unfortunately the location near my house closed abruptly a few weeks ago. I thought the whole chain went under but it looks like it was just that location. Their Bison burgers are great.

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2017, 12:52:53 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Grew up in Rochester, I love Wild Willy's.

But I try to avoid Rottenchester like the plague, such a dumpster of a town. Nothing but heroin addicts and crime. And burgers just aren't something I want to go out of my way for.

Next time I'm in York I might have to swing in, didn't know they had a location there.

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2017, 01:20:46 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
If you live around Boston, I suggest trying RF O'Sullivan in Somerville.  Phenomenal burgers.

I have tried RF O'Sullivan.  It is good but Cambridge Common has better burgers (and better beer) and lower prices.

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2017, 07:27:03 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

If anyone shops at Whole Foods, they have amazing pre-made patties that have special flavor coatings with fresh cracked pepper & herbs.  Very high-quality meat.  Cook them up at home and enjoy an orgasmic burger experience.

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2017, 10:14:15 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Boston area:  R.F. O'Sullivan's

Chicago (where I am now):  Bad Apple

Fast food type:  In N Out or Epic Burger.  Shake Shack is good but way over priced.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2017, 10:21:01 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If you live around Boston, I suggest trying RF O'Sullivan in Somerville.  Phenomenal burgers.

I have tried RF O'Sullivan.  It is good but Cambridge Common has better burgers (and better beer) and lower prices.
Oh yes, Cambridge Common, +1 for  this. The food is great, but even more impressive is the beer.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2017, 10:22:43 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I love Eagle's Deli. Good quality, but the reason you come there is for the quantity.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2017, 10:24:28 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Oh yes, Cambridge Common, +1 for  this. The food is great, but even more impressive is the beer.

Loved that spot.  Great beer menu.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team