Author Topic: Favorite Burger Joint  (Read 9804 times)

Re: Favorite Burger Joint
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 02:33:11 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
count me in on the In N Out burger. 

best tasting burger chain in California as far as I am concerned.

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 02:57:38 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Farm fresh, hormone free, ground on site, grass fed, all-natural beef cooked on my own charcoal grill please.

When I'm lazy, I'll go for a Five Guys.  Just on the other side of town.

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 10:47:04 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Farm fresh, hormone free, ground on site, grass fed, all-natural beef cooked on my own charcoal grill please.

I really like Five Guys burgers, but the cost keeps me away.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 10:53:26 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
If you live around Boston, I suggest trying RF O'Sullivan in Somerville.  Phenomenal burgers.

will probably give this a try over the weekend :)

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 10:53:46 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Smashburger.

I don't know what they have in there, but it's awesome. I go there every Friday.

Also, outside of their super sauce, I dig Super Duper Burgers as well. Any burger place that offers "secret sauce" I pass, but I can tolerate Super Duper.

Non chain ones, I like this place called Big Mouth Burger in San Fran. That thing is so straight up, no shenanigans kind of a burger, just the way it should be.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 10:56:33 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
My favorite burger joint is "the Burger Joint"

https://www.bgrtheburgerjoint.com/

I like simple.  They cook it the way you want. 

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 10:59:04 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I really like Five Guys burgers, but the cost keeps me away.

It's all we have here in Dover, NH besides the typical McDonalds, Wendy's, and Burger King garbage (Wendy's is edible at least - I guess).  For a town of ~30k that's expected.  The Five Guys has only been here for a few years, and I was completely blown away when I found out they were coming to town.

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 11:00:09 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

In N Out is the best, my problem is it takes SOOOOO long for you to get your stuff.

I guess if you're trying it for the first time, it's worth the wait. And I understand that it takes long because there are a lot of people all the time getting their burgers, but burger orders shouldn't take 30 minutes long.

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 11:04:19 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

In N Out is the best, my problem is it takes SOOOOO long for you to get your stuff.

I guess if you're trying it for the first time, it's worth the wait. And I understand that it takes long because there are a lot of people all the time getting their burgers, but burger orders shouldn't take 30 minutes long.
One of the last times I went to an In N Out, it was right around noon and the drive-through line was wrapped around the building a few times. It took about 15-20 min. just to get to the window to order. It probably would've taken just as long to get a burger at a sit down restaurant. But the line was just as long behind us when we left as when he got there. People in California love it. (For whatever that's worth. ;))
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 11:08:17 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
My favorite burger joint is "the Burger Joint"

https://www.bgrtheburgerjoint.com/

I like simple.  They cook it the way you want.

LOL your Burger Joint is different from our Burger Joint.

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 11:10:18 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

One of the last times I went to an In N Out, it was right around noon and the drive-through line was wrapped around the building a few times. It took about 15-20 min. just to get to the window to order. It probably would've taken just as long to get a burger at a sit down restaurant. But the line was just as long behind us when we left as when he got there. People in California love it. (For whatever that's worth. ;))

Oh it's great burgers. But if you have a burger day on your week, like I do, it's not worth the wait. It's one of those "you have to taste it when you're in Cal" kind of a thing, but if you live there, you have to have the patience to be able to tolerate the long lines of In N Out. I don't. When I go for a burger, chances are that I'm starving, and I can't wait 30 minutes to get one.

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2017, 11:12:18 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This came up in another thread and thought it deserved its own.

I lived in Los Angeles for about 6 months right after college and the best part was all the different burger places. I kind of fell in love with In N Out Burger while I was there. Back East, Five Guys is pretty good and I liked Shake Shack the one time I was there.

I never eat burgers at places like McDonalds or Burger King. I'll get a burger at Wendy's if I'm on a long drive, though, and I love McNuggets.
I know people who swear by Five Guys (although I think it's more about the fries). I've never been there.

I'd like to say that my favorite burger joint is my backyard, but I don't think that's the point of the question. But that's where I get most of my burgers locally ;)

I have In and Out every time I'm in CA, which is regretfully not that often.

I've been to RF O'Sullivan's once with someone who raved about their burger, but I didn't come away overly impressed. Maybe I'll repeat as a sensitivity check (I live several blocks away).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2017, 11:13:18 AM »

Offline Ory

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 21
Woodland Grill down in Vineyard Haven was always the favorite growing up. Granted we always called it woodlawn for some reason, but the burgers were amazing.

Out west I loved BurgerMaster in Seattle, the burgers were really good but the old-timey feel of a burger joint with carside service and like 20 flavors of shakes were what I loved most about it.

If you mean fast food Wendy's and Burger King make edible burgers, I usually would rather have chicken nuggets at that point though.

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2017, 11:22:35 AM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
Charlie's Kitchen in Harvard Square used to have unreal burgers. Haven't been there in about 15 years, and it looks like it's changed a lot since then, but they were great. Might have to head up there this weekend to grab a burger and check out the new (to me) beer garden. Wahlburgers actually makes a good, but overpriced, burger.

As for drive-thru style chains: In-N-Out is king.

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2017, 11:30:59 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
The pub Fibber McGee's in Beverly, MA has life changing burgers. Not your typical burger joint, being a pub and all, but serious high quality food. My favorite is the PBJ & Bacon burger. Peanut butter sriracha sauce, strawberry preserves, bacon and lettuce on an onion roll. Unreal.