Author Topic: Fultz to only work out for Celtics... No other team. Did he get a draft promise?  (Read 6846 times)

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
I read somewhere that he doesn't have any more workouts scheduled, but that it hasn't been decided whether he works out anywhere else.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Fultz and agent better be smarter

no guarantee shaky Danny will take him at #1

How is it smarter to take more workouts?

You seem in denial about Fultz being taken #1 by us.

Who do you want at #1? Not Fultz?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Consider the source

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Are any of the other top prospects scheduled to workout for us? 

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

yep its triboy. He'd trade the No. 1 pick + IT for a chance t draft Isaac or something.

Fultz isnt going past the no.3 pick, workout or no workout.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Not as of yet.  Ball is the only one to have publicly declined, however.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Not as of yet.  Ball is the only one to have publicly declined, however.

Didn't Emmette Bryant post a tweet concerning the Celtics having Isaac work out against someone a day or two ago?  And as for Fultz, can he even go through any kind of workout with that knee?

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Ailene Voisin: Hearing late tonight that possible overall No.1 draft pick Markelle Fultz is working out for Kings on Sunday. Media availability unclear … – via Twitter ailene_voisin
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 07:06:59 AM by triboy16f »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

He likes Jackson iirc (with his personality issues definitely no)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He likes Jackson iirc (with his personality issues definitely no)

Jackson has an edge to him but on the court that manifests as competitive nature and will to win.

On the court, Jackson is an intensely competitive player, and aside from Frank Mason Jr., Jackson was the emotional leader for Kansas. This is both Jackson’s second-biggest strength (behind his playmaking), and one of his weaknesses; he’s going to make an impact on the court and affect the game in many positive ways, but he’s also going to struggle with fouls. He’s going to get beaten on defense because he was too ready for help-D. And he’s going to have off-nights when he gets rattled; when Jackson got nailed to the bench early against Oregon, he never mentally recovered and Kansas was pretty much doomed from that point. How players and their physical/emotional motors mature on the NBA level is impossible to predict, but despite the flaws it brings, teams will love Jackson’s competitive edge above most anything else.

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2017/5/31/15710188/nba-draft-2017-scouting-profile-josh-jackson

“I will say this: He’s very competitive, he’s active and he has a nose for the ball,” Self said of Jackson. “When Josh was recruited, his best intangible was his activity level and how competitive he was.

“It wasn’t how well he shot it or how well he drove it or how well he passed it. It was competitive spirit, and I think that right there played into who he is.”

http://cjonline.com/sports/hawkzone/2017-01-29/ku-basketball-notebook-josh-jackson-s-competitive-spirit-display-vs

Nevertheless, it is Jackson's defense and overall competitiveness that is one of his most attractive traits. He's a fiery guy who has been a two-way player his entire career, and showed the ability to guard anywhere from 1-4 in college. Jackson takes great pride in his ability to shut down opponents, and does an outstanding job of sitting down in a stance, sliding his feet and locking up players on the perimeter with his lateral quickness, often drawing charges. He's a physical player who throws his body around and isn't afraid to mix things up despite his lanky frame. Even if he isn't the longest player around, he gets in the passing lanes frequently with his quickness and anticipation skills, and also rebounds and blocks shots prolifically with outstanding timing. He'll need to get stronger to handle the bigger and more experienced players he'll encounter at times in the NBA, and is a little spastic at times gambling and getting lost off the ball, but his combination of intensity, athleticism and instincts leaves a great deal of room for optimism in his upside on this end of the floor.    - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Josh-Jackson-7239/ ©DraftExpress

I think the hit and run and damaging a woman's car and verbally abusing her was inexcusable.   But this guy is super intense on the court and that is a good thing for whomever takes him.

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Ailene Voisin: Hearing late tonight that possible overall No.1 draft pick Markelle Fultz is working out for Kings on Sunday. Media availability unclear … – via Twitter ailene_voisin

Wow. Maybe Ainge really is going to trade down

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Some combination of WCS/Labissiere/Hield + 3 for 1? Lukewarm on this.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Some combination of WCS/Labissiere/Hield + 3 for 1? Lukewarm on this.
It's #5 that they have.  I don't like it at all.  It would probably be Tatum, Fox, or Jackson.

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
I am against trading Fultz unless it's for a guy like Anthony Davis, but I trust Ainge, and if this is what he's considering, then I can imagine something like Tatum, Markannen, and WCS for Fultz if the Celtics really do love Tatum. That would give us two young scorers with length, much needed shooting, and address our longstanding need for a defensive center.