Author Topic: Fultz to only work out for Celtics... No other team. Did he get a draft promise?  (Read 6847 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/871732492990124032

"The #Sixers have workouts scheduled for every top prospect besides Markelle Fultz and Lonzo Ball. Fultz will only workout for #BostonCeltics"

Exciting to hear  ;D that or he's confident other teams like him enough maybe
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 05:03:47 PM by CelticsElite »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Is Ainge a Big Baller? No. Well okay then.

Welcome to BOSTON, Fultz!  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Probably not a promise.  Presumptive #1s sometimes decline additional workouts, because that sends the message that you're not the presumptive #1.  It also limits negative information.  You know the Celtics will keep their lips sealed, but if you go work out for LA or Philly, do they let it slip you had a bad workout, hoping to hurt your stock?

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Jeff Goldman just reported that Fultz is still weighing whether to work out with other teams.

Chad Ford said Celtics are still considering other guys at 1.

Who knows.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Yeah, who knows, and why does it matter?  He is probably being chosen by Boston #1.  Working out for other teams is a risk, as others have pointed out.

If theoretically Ainge chooses Ball, do you think LA would not choose Fultz, even without a workout?

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Probably not a promise.  Presumptive #1s sometimes decline additional workouts, because that sends the message that you're not the presumptive #1.  It also limits negative information.  You know the Celtics will keep their lips sealed, but if you go work out for LA or Philly, do they let it slip you had a bad workout, hoping to hurt your stock?
Why would they? They'd do exactly the opposite if they want to trade out of #1 and still have an outside chance of grabbing Fultz.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Really doubt they're seriously considering anyone else with the number one pick. Fultz seems like he's head and shoulders above the other guys right now, similar to how Simmons was last year.

However, it doesn't surprise me to see them working out other guys in the top 4 or 5 in case Philly comes and blows Danny's mind with an offer for Fultz. I still hold that the #1 and Bradley for Simmons and #3 is a great deal for both sides, so long as Simmons' medical checks out. Can't imagine any other "trade down" scenario right now, unless it's for someone like AD or Porzingis.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Why would they? They'd do exactly the opposite if they want to trade out of #1 and still have an outside chance of grabbing Fultz.

They'd keep their lips sealed to keep the value of the pick high.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Fultz and agent better be smarter

no guarantee shaky Danny will take him at #1

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
It is also better for the Celts if Fultz worksout for LA, 76ers

this way...if they become desperate to pick Fultz...they might send alot back in return

Not that Fultz/Agent care about this...

worse case, Celtics skip on Fultz... and he and ball go on a mini freefall

we have seen it happen before...where other teams are set on picking their guy and are committed to it

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
His camp knows that he won't fall out of the top 3. Barring injury in the coming weeks, I don't see any particular reason why Boston or Philly wouldn't pick him. Heck, I bet Magic would pick Fultz over Ball if given the chance.

Fultz went to school with CB Sidney Jones at Washington. This spring, Jones tore his achilles working out during the NFL combine. At 6'0, many thought he would have been drafted before Philly at #22.

If I knew I was a lock top 3 pick, I would call the shots too. There's enough in-game tape of him to make an assessment.

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
He's the conses #1 pick, why workout for anyone else? Won't add to your value.

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
If he got s promise then why is he working out at all?  Anyway, he's far and away the best prospect.  He doesn't need a promise.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If he got s promise then why is he working out at all?  Anyway, he's far and away the best prospect.  He doesn't need a promise.

who has given him a guarantee?

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

who has given him a guarantee?
I'm sure no one has (as I said).  He doesn't need one.