Author Topic: NBA Finals: Only question left is whether NBA will extend series  (Read 7252 times)

Re: NBA Finals: Only question left is whether NBA will extend series
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 11:18:12 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
People don't really believe this stuff do they?

Tens to hundreds of billions of dollars are involved.  Yes, people believe it... because it's more than likely to be true.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 11:25:05 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
The refs must be exhausted from controlling this one...

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 11:26:14 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
officiating getting a bit suspect here in the 2nd half.

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 11:29:45 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
officiating getting a bit suspect here in the 2nd half.

and GSW could still win...

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 11:40:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Tens to hundreds of billions of dollars are involved.  Yes, people believe it... because it's more than likely to be true.

Yea... not to mention a ref admitted it happened. I mean you got eyes moranis. Go watch kings lakers game 6.

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 11:44:06 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Yea... not to mention a ref admitted it happened. I mean you got eyes moranis. Go watch kings lakers game 6.

Classic.  Outside of boxing, I'm not sure there's a more egregious example of 'the fix' in sports. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 11:57:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Classic.  Outside of boxing, I'm not sure there's a more egregious example of 'the fix' in sports.

I would believe it could have been cleaned up. Anyone that thinks it never happened though should go talk with kyrie about the flat earth

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2017, 12:03:13 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I was thinking the same thing,  ut great officiating in game 3, a great pate no call on lebron 3' being riped by iggy.
It is over.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 01:07:41 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
I think Cavs win Game 4 to regain some very little confidence.

And then Golden State celebrate their championship in front of their home crowd in Game 5. That should be the appropriate ending this time.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 05:49:25 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

NBA already has their money. It makes no difference if it is 4 games or 7 games as the tv dollars are already paid for
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 05:56:21 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Don't ruin the conspiracy theory !!!  ;)

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 07:11:31 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
If the Cavs handled the last minute of the game better last night the NBA/refs would have helped them to victory. I do not fault Lebron for the kick out on their 2nd to last possession but if he took it hard to the rim 100% Refs call a foul to send him to the line. Their last possession Irving blew it by dancing 20 seconds of the clock for a step back leaving no chance of a bail out foul call or a last possession.

The NBA wants and needs ($$$$) longer playoff series. If you want to turn a blind eye you can but the truth is the league gives favorable calls on critical plays to help extend series. Teams just have to be smart enough to use them. Last night the Cavs where not smart enough.

On another note if your the Cavs why don't you have lebron bring the ball up the court with 45 seconds left down 1 then run a pick and pop with who ever curry is guarding ( I think JR)? Get Lebron going down hill on a showing Curry. Instant foul.... worst case they double Lebron passes out and JR drives forcing Warriors to rotate and someone is left opening enough to try to finish at the rim.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2017, 07:36:03 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I actually think they have switched story lines to the Greatest Team Ever and were emphasizing the 15-0 record.   So I think CLE may get swept.

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2017, 12:38:00 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

NBA already has their money. It makes no difference if it is 4 games or 7 games as the tv dollars are already paid for

I am actually not sure this is true. I have read in a few places, but not from reliable sources I am 100% confident in, that the contracts are set up for x amount of games and there is a percentage paid to the NBA based on the number of total NBA games per season.

There have been 77 playoff games this season (probably will end with 78 or 79 max)
There was 86 playoff games last year.

It would be a bit insane for these TV contracts to be set up where they get 12% less product of the highest rated games in the season and get nothing back for it. Several TP's to anyone can confirm that it is structured this way.

Additionally, the company I work for pays massive amount of money to run their steph curry ad during the finals. It is run much less during a 4 game series then it would be during a 7 game series and their are serious financial ramifications.

Then obviously the NBA estimated the Warriors alone make 22 million dollars less from 2 less home games than there were in last years finals.

So presenting the narrative that there is not tons of money at play here from many different is the biggest conspiracy of all.

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2017, 12:43:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I am actually not sure this is true. I have read in a few places, but not from reliable sources I am 100% confident in, that the contracts are set up for x amount of games and there is a percentage paid to the NBA based on the number of total NBA games per season.

There have been 77 playoff games this season (probably will end with 78 or 79 max)
There was 86 playoff games last year.

It would be a bit insane for these TV contracts to be set up where they get 12% less product of the highest rated games in the season and get nothing back for it. Several TP's to anyone can confirm that it is structured this way.

Additionally, the company I work for pays massive amount of money to run their steph curry ad during the finals. It is run much less during a 4 game series then it would be during a 7 game series and their are serious financial ramifications.

Then obviously the NBA estimated the Warriors alone make 22 million dollars less from 2 less home games than there were in last years finals.

So presenting the narrative that there is not tons of money at play here from many different is the biggest conspiracy of all.

The cap could drop up to $1 million next year if the series only goes four games, per a Tweet I saw from Bobby Marks.

Curry should tank a couple of his games so his max contract is worth more!